[pnpgm] Kiet answering Arawn

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 04:52:06 CEST 2008

  < Sensing the frustration and anger seething within Kiet Arawn regarded him calmly and lovingly.>

<Kiet's thinking: Oh, yeah...THAT took skill to sense that...>

   "You have suffered much here today, Kiet. I am sorry for your hurt. I do not think you understand my actions, my motives.

   Those who almost died here today did not suffer so due to inaction on my part, for my apparent inaction was a choice, an action, and a statement, but almost died due to the actions of others. A'kril did not strike first, we did. He reacted to our actions, from which this trouble sprang.

   I seek for peace among all, as hard as that is. If I did not I would be no different from most of the immortals, Sidh included, for they hold this realm and the mortals that walk upon it as insects or a blight to be destroyed in some cases, Since they were here first, are they right? I do not believe so for there is something greater in the universe that we do not see.

   To focus on our hate and prejudices feeds suffering. I agree that one must be wary while looking for peace but as adventurers it is all too easy to err on the side of violence when it might not be a wise choice. Such actions perpetuate and empower forces of evil, such as Chaos and the Great Serpent as you mention, while weakening the forces of good and of love. It is such views that allows humans to war against each other and to hate the Sidh, hunting and enslaving them when they are innocent, as happened to Fremea.

   Do not assume that I am unaware of need for violence at times, if you know my mother and father you would realize that I was raised amidst war and violence as much as I was in magic, art, and civility. I am sorry we do not see eye to eye but know that I love you all, as I do all things, regardless of how you and they may feel about me and my ways. I too have much to learn but I hope that in time we will be able to walk harmoniously together someday.">

Kiet "Hey, I have an idea!  Let's let our armor-clad Alfar friend take point for the rest of our time on this floating rock pile?"