[pnpgm] Arawn's follow up

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri Oct 17 04:36:02 CEST 2008

john haight wrote:
> Moving beside Raban he inquired about the Angelica and found himself
> rewarded with a quickly poured dose. Smiling Arawn took the Angelica
> potion from the giant's hand.
>
>    "Thank you, Raban. I appreciate it."
>
>    After downing the potion Arawn felt the flush of energy coursing
> through his system and considered using his own powers to restore
> himself to full capacity. Realizing that restoring it should aid his
> casting he decided to do so (Energy EL0, up to 2 times to restore his
> Energy levels, cast with the wand). As he did so he took note of
> Raban's vulnerable state.
>
>    "The others have protection of some sort and I can hand my armor
> over as I will be wearing the plate armor. Unfortunately I do not
> think it would fit one as large as you. Still, I would hate to see you
> unprotected. If you wish I can craft you armor to wear that should
> last until this mission is over."
>
>    If Raban can wear armor sized for a regular man then Arawn can hand
> his own scale mail to him. Otherwise he'll have to resort to another
> trick...
Raban sighs, "When you have arms larger than most mens legs, you become
used to making your own clothing and most anything else. No armor sized
for a normal man can be fit to me without huge gaps needing to be filled
in. If someone was skilled in such work, they could make partial armor
out of some of the suits that could be better than none at all. Perhaps
there is magic to make armor grow in some manner, but it would need to
about double in size. There may even be magic to create armor my size,
but would it last long enough to be useful? I need flexible armor that
does not hinder my movements much, though I will admit, the heavy armor
others have here sure would have been useful. Perhaps I should invest in
some heavier magic armor if I am to get in such trouble like this in the
future. I never really needed it before and what damage that I did take
healed in a couple days. Most fights I was involved in were not serious,
a few light hits and they were over. Even the few creatures I have seen
would rather run than face me, well other than a pack of wolves that
took more convincing. But if you can somehow make or fit armor for me, I
would be grateful. I cannot afford to keep taking damage like this if I
am to protect the ladies like I promised."
<Raban took enough to kill most anyone else I would expect, but I could
be wrong ;) >