[pnpgm] Game update #90 - File #492 - Basement is explored

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Nov 18 23:20:23 CET 2008

<Arawn is interested in the Bless but no post relative to it? Bless is
one of Raban's most powerful spells and has many good applications.
Personally, I think DCV is the most valuable in most cases, but certain
abilities can have major impacts. Con boost would increase HP, Enl max
and maybe effect healing. Will boost would increase Enl max and possibly
MDV,  mana recovery and innate powers. Lots of choices.>
<should be post of the SB for this>

Raban contemplates what he has done here to help his friends and what
the others have done and feels he is not doing his best for everyone.
Perhaps there is more he can do in this dangerous place to aid them.
Aiding the ladies with his skills may not be enough. We are all working
together, helping each other, it should be enough to allow me to use
magic for the rest of them even though it is not my usual preference...

<that took some time for Raban to make up his mind>

Raban (to others exploring) "This whole place has proven itself quite
dangerous, enough so that I feel I need to offer more protection or aid
to everyone. I am fairly sure my Goddess would allow me to Bless more
people here, and though I am not of high Rank I am skilled enough that
my blesses are very useful. Increased defense is one I would recommend
but for some maybe they would prefer that increase to offense. I am not
wise enough to tell you what use is best for you when it comes to other
ways to Bless you. Those who use magic can sometimes gain greatly with
improvements to their minds while others are best with physical gains. I
should be able to do a few Blessings before I am low on Mana, but do not
worry, I can use life for other magics at need."

<if people get to add their MDV to this for casting, it should not fail
often, so little wasted mana. Seriously people, Bless can make a big
impact and OCV or DCV usually get more use than Stats unless you are
close to a critical boarder.>

<ok now to later events.>

When Frema reports the large opponent, Raban finds another area he can
help out.
Raban: "I could rush him and hold on to him while the rest move up. I
can move pretty fast at times and though he is large he is still much
smaller than I am so should be much weaker."

Raban blinks when Ben'Dar suggests a less violent plan than his own...
Is this place getting to me?

<Was there mention of a balcony earlier or was that a different
location? It may be a means around the stairs>