[pnpgm] Game Update #46 - File #188 - Duel Preparation

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 02:40:19 CEST 2008

   As Zing and Chion traded words Arawn sighed. It was obvious to any watching him that he did not approve. He understood it was a cultural tradition and he was far from unfamiliar with such things, indeed the passionate Sidh were quick to quarrel over any perceived slight, but he could not help but look down on such things. That characteristic was but one of the traits that set him apart from most of his relations. He was not sure that it would be appropriate to speak up in this situation but he could not help from commenting.
   "I don't see the point to this. For honor? There are bigger things to be concerned with in this world and all this does is perpetuate a world where suffering and misunderstanding continues to reign." He breathed in deeply before continuing, a concerned and compassionate look in his eyes.
   "All I know is that I see a man who's been hurting for a very long time and who's vision is colored by that pain. I've seen pain and I learned a long time ago that anger and shame are just the children of that pain, passed from one cruel person onto an innocent, tainting them and destroying what is good and innocent within. After that all that is left is another cruel person to pass that 'gift' on to another innocent generation. A shame that in a land so full of power no one took the time to heal the hurt of its people and sad when one turns the mirror outwards instead of looking at ones own reflection to truly understand ourselves."
   He took a step back, unsure how things would proceed but not willing to stand by and watch such a travesty. There was sadness in his eyes as he spoke before turning away.
   "Do as you will but I hope that both of you will find the courage to rise above the expectations of your culture, of others and forge your own path, hopefully to walk away from pain and toward peace. It's a difficult road to walk alone but one with greater rewards than most will ever truly understand."