[pnpgm] Game Update #32 - File #103 - Ben'dar plays dress up! :)

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Sat Mar 22 09:20:20 CET 2008

<hopefully this can all fit in somewhere, I am not sure where we are in
timing of some posts.>

Raban(to Chion), "Thank you, I will perform to my best ability. I travel
where I feel I am needed, entertaining and helping those that I can. I
am free to follow my path, though sometimes I may may need to attend the
Great Rituals. My rank is low enough that missing such could cause me
'political' problems but as long as my Goddess does not mind, I am fine.
I am concerned with my lack of knowledge of this place's cultures and
language. That will limit what I can perform. Music and Dance have fewer
limits than song or story, so I may be best performing that way. But
dance can sometimes push cultural boundaries, so I hope you know what is
allowed. I believe you said we would travel by magic? But people are
also taking horses so I must inform you I do not have one. I am sure you
noticed I am a bit big for most horses to carry. I suppose I should also
ask, do you know what clothing is needed for an entertainer at this
party? Normally I go with whatever I have available at the time, but I
am usually invited with them knowing my appearance. It may be difficult
to find or make an outfit in time for this party if I need something
more than I have..."
Raban pauses looking concerned, "You have the same look as Unali, one of
a person who has lost life energy. I offered to use magic that would
increase hers but she never said to do so. It is one that shares the
energy between those nearby, so I could easily do so for both of you. I
rarely need to use much of my power so I have plenty available."
<Some of Raban's chat may be pushing his intelligence rating? He is
above basic human average but not smart so its hard to judge. >
<Use of Spirit Blessing may have restrictions like those applied to
magical healing but I could not find anything describing such. Raban
should know but the player doesn't at this point.>

Raban(to Z'leyra), "A Blessing like that is harder to judge its effects
but I would think mental toughness would prove useful. It should make
you a bit more resistant to enemy magic and speed up your mana recovery."
<Minor but useful effects, GM may allow other effects? Increasing Will
can allow more Enl for example, though excess when the Blessing expires
may disappear?>
<The actual casting can be done at that point unless we need some
privacy due to cultural issues? Hopefully no serious failure will occur.>

Raban(to Ben'Dar) "I am Xianese though I did not live there long as my
mother traveled often. I worship Miryan of the Court of Cernunnos
because she has always been part of my heart and soul even before I knew
her name. I was raised in a sort of extended family where we needed to
protect each other, Xianese are very protective of their families. But
in my case, I have always felt the need to protect women, even before I
grew larger than most men. My Goddess brought that trait out even more
after I had my Bardic Training. Protecting women is important to me, I
suppose I may see all women as potential family though I never gave it
all that much thought. I also love to entertain them in all ways and I
am very skilled in that. Unali needs a bodyguard, at least for a while,
though the others may need it more and I will try to take care of all of
them as best I can. I am an expert in Bow and Fist, though other weapons
need much more practice before they will be of much serious use.
Depending on what enemies we may encounter, I may need a much stronger
bow than I have been able to make so far. A bow of the pull I need is
very difficult to make out of even the best wood, the only ones I have
seen close to it are made of steel."
<Just what bow pull is proper for a guy that can lift a horse over his
head anyway?>