[pnpgm] Game Update #30 - File #94 - Gear prep

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Mar 14 06:38:28 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #30 in sequence (file #94)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar replies to the gaurd in a low voice, not wanting
          Jensen to know he can speak Marentian, "I train the finest
          horses in the Lands.  Dragon Tooth Steeds is located near
          Maren city.  I obtain only the best horses available, and
          train them to be superior riding or war mounts.  The ranch
          is still young, but it will soon be known throughout the
          Lands for my horses, which will have no equals."

          He grins at the gaurd's comment on him being a 'wacko'.
          "No, not a wacko, I was just having a little fun."  He grows
          serious, "But I did not like his threat on my horse.  What
          kind of man kills another man's horse for no reason?  Where
          I come from, such a man would not live long."

          *****
          Later, Ben'Dar snorts his disbelief at Kaylle's words about
          magic users treating warriors as property.  Such a backward
          land could not possibly exist!
          *****
          Later, when Jensen addresses him, Ben'Dar ignores his words,
          but just glares at him, his ruddy face dark with anger.  Yes,
          he decides, this man deserves death.  But now is not the time.
          He smiles savagely at the man, savoring his future revenge.
          When the man finishes his inconsequential words, Ben'Dar, still
          smiling, says in Zen'Dali, "Pain will drown you when your death
          comes at my hand."
          ****
          Later, when the gaurd returns for his drink, Ben'Dar smiles at
          him and introduces himself.  "I am Ben'Dar, warrior of the
          Fel'oros People."  Ben'Dar will give him directions to his
          ranch as well as the name of the steward.  He will spend a few
          minutes chatting with the man about his rough upbringing among
          the Zen'Da, and find out a bit about the man's past on his
          family's ranch and the decisions that brought him into the
          town gaurd.
          *****
          OOC:  Recap section?

          OOC:  Ben'Dar is content for now to merely pass along the info
          that one of the gaurds may have a questionable background.
          The Steward has authority to hire/fire as needed in Ben'Dar's
          absence.

          Sorry, I would like to amend my post...it's a little too
          bloodthirsty for Ben'Dar.

          I'd like to change his interaction with Jensen as follows:
          "Later, when Jensen addresses him, Ben'Dar ignores his words,
          but just glares at him with a blank look on his face, his
          ruddy face dark with impatience and irritation.  He gives
          no response nor any sign that he has understood Jensen's
          speech."
        GM: Ack.  This is the Recap section. Ok.  When get back
            we'll deal with the guard's status.  I like the old
            speech better :)  But that's fine.   I changed it.
            Had a reply from Whet on old scene :)

                        ----------------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Should I assume Raban has gathered his things and cast a
          spell by this point?>

          Raban [to Jensen]: "I do not make a habit of fighting with
          nobles or anyone else without cause, but he did not identify
          himself before attacking me. In some realms he would be the
          one arrested for assaulting me, so I understand there are
          different laws in different places. I prefer to avoid
          problems and fights whenever possible, because it interferes
          with the entertainment. If I had the time I would try to teach
          him what he needed to learn, but he is one that would need
          much time to think before he could begin to learn. Perhaps
          someday he will learn, if not from me, some other will teach
          him. Until then I can but hope he understands there is a
          balance in all things, abusing ones authority or powers tends
          to have repercussions. I have to answer for my actions with a
          higher power, one that watches and judges my actions far more
          than your nobles are watched or judged. In any event, I had
          already planned to leave this city before he demanded it and
          added so many other threats."
        GM: Ack. Yes you have all your things packed.  Spell? Forgot
            the spell.  Will have to look at old posts.

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.

         [Time:  8:43am]

            [Ben'dar treats the lasso guard with a drink.  Ben'dar
             informs him of the ranch.  The guard nods and sips his
             drink deep in though.  The guard only drinks some juice.]

            Ben'dar: "I train the finest horses in the Lands.  Dragon
              Tooth Steeds is located near Maren city.  I obtain only
              the best horses available, and train them to be superior
              riding or war mounts.  The ranch is still young, but it
              will soon be known throughout the Lands for my horses,
              which will have no equals."

            Guard: "It takes many years to do such a successful ranch.
              My family took at least 8 years before we saw good
              profit.  I was young then but I recall the hard days.
              I'll look you up after my tour of duty is up. I have
              a few months in the City Service and some time in the
              Naval Service still to do.  Be wary of the tax man he
              can break your ranch if you grow too fast."

                                --------------

         [Time:  8:51am]

            [After Kaylle discusses the information about the
             Dark Land Ben'dar scoffs at the news.  The plains
             are a place like Marentia even though one is considered
             more civilized than the others.  There is structure.
             Ben'dar is not used to the concept of slavery.  Sure
             even Zen'da might have prisoners for labor but they
             aren't slaves in the true sense.  After all Zen'da
             prisoners are expected to try to escape and show their
             bravery as they are chased.  Zen'da respect bravery
             over cowardice anyday.  Ben'dar wonders if all of
             Katai is like the Dark Lands or just this land.  Then
             again he wonders why Kaylle speaks of the Land as
             if its a distinct area?  Ben'dar may be the only warrior
             aside from Unali here so he knows he'll have to watch
             himself.  But Unali can at least understand the language.]

                                --------------

         [Time:  9:47am]

            [Raban replies to Jensen's questions and information
             about the Baron.]

            Raban: "I do not make a habit of fighting with nobles or
[...]

            [Jensen nods and takes out a small notebook and quill.  He
             makes a few notes in the small paper.  He looks up.]

            Jensen: "Nobles are only accountable to the King. Even he
              tends to ignore their actions and the higher merchant
              families if they stay within the law.  Now you say
              your leaving?" [He taps his quill on the pad] "Where
              can we locate you in the future in case there is an
              issue or problem?"

                                --------------

         [Time: 10:39am]

            [After Jensen gives his farewell speech.  Ben'dar listens
             and watches with a savage smile on his face.  Ben'dar
             knows if he attacked and challenged this man he'd
             die fast.  But then he has others to consider like
             his ranch help and their families.  The City guard
             could not handle a guard being killed by a barbarian.
             They'd shut down the ranch and confiscate it all for
             Jensen's family or something.  But then again even
             Marentia allows some form of noble challenge duels.
             Of course Ben'dar is no noble.  Ben'dar stares at Jensen
             with a blank expression and just glares back not
             responding or giving any scene of acknowledgement.  Jensen
             doesn't seem to care or notice.]

            [Jensen just ends his speech and escorts Elam out the
             door.  He seems to ignore Ben'dar's words entirely.
             Whet the bar owner taps Ben'dar on the shoulder and
             wipes the bar with his rag.  Ben'dar turns around
             and scowls at the interruption.]

                                --------------

         [Time: 10:45am]

            [After Jensen leaves the Lasso guard re-enters the
             bar for his true free drink on Ben'dar.  The Guard talks
             about Ben'dar being a bit nutty.]

            Ben'dar: "No, not a wacko, I was just having a little fun."
              [He grows serious,] "But I did not like his threat on my
              horse.  What kind of man kills another man's horse for no
              reason?  Where I come from, such a man would not live
              long."

            [The man turns around and places his back on the bar
             and watches the tavern while holding his drink.]

            Guard: "Jensen is no fool.  He'd have not really killed
              the horse.  It looks too much a quality breed.  He'd
              disable it or you.  He knew ..knows what you are.
              The clothing and your actions set that out." [He glances
              at Ben'dar] "No offense" [He waves his empty hand at
              the others in the tavern] "You stand out like your friends
              with the wings and the weapons.  As outsiders.  A good
              guard can spot it and take advantage of it.  A true city
              officer is trained to exploit weakness like he saw that
              yours was your horse.  Something to consider in the future."
              [He watches the others for a few seconds and nods to
              Ben'dar] "My name is Q'sam.  I'll look you up eventually."

            Ben'dar: "I am Ben'Dar, warrior of the Fel'oros People."

            [Ben'dar gives him directions to the ranch and other contact
             information.  Ben'dar and Q'sam continue to talk for
             some time as the others discuss their future plans.  All
             along while talking Ben'dar finds it timely that he learns
             of one bad guard and one new guard seems to almost fall
             into place.  Ben'dar wonders if this is fate or just
             good timing.]
            [Unali still a bit weak stands and turns to Chion.  She
             does not translate the scroll feeling it is up to Chion
             to do so if he wishes to.]

            Unali: "Well, not proper Katai I understand, as those
              skilled in magic would be frowned upon there. But yes,
              I will go with you."

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Monday...

        GM: Recap section - See top of update.  Below the Header.
            Below the Admin notes (I also put comments here as well
            as I've said in the past).  Then the section below
            is the recap section of old posts.  I post your public
            stuff here as confirmation I got them AND to give comments
            on them in the GM: lines.  This is what I mean by
            Recap section.  You may have missed tons of comments
            and questions on your public posts that I don't put
            here at the bottom.  :<  Chris that answer your question? :)

        GM: Status of Characters
            [As of Marqi 29, 11am, Currently]

                   Player     Health      Energy        Mana
               Ben'dar          100%       100%           -
               Arawn            100%        97%         100%
               Raban            100%       100%         100%
               Chion             97%         7%          81%
               Unali            100%         9%           -
               Z'leyra          100%       100%    [Have to figure]
               Fremea           100%       100%         100%

            Yes.  Chion still has a minor wound and Chion/Unali still
            weak from poison (but still not drained just stopped to
            current level).  As you can see both came within single
            digit (%) of dying.  :)

        GM: Gear Taken on Trip

                   Player      Documented/Takes
               Ben'dar            Yes/Takes All
               Unali              Yes/Got your email on items to take.
               Z'leyra            Yes/Have draft notes to review
               Arawn               No/No Info Yet
               Raban               No/No Info Yet
               Chion               No/No Info Yet
               Fremea              No/No Info yet

               If No.  Then just need an acknowledgement of below as
               to taking all or whatever.  See below.

        GM: Gear Clarifications -

           [Just to Clarify 100% what is taken]

            Ben'dar - Coins - Don't have much want to take them all
                              or borrow some from ranch funds?
                      Gear  - Take Leather, as Backup?  .Will assume yes.
                              Stuff listed as Ranch will be left behind.
                              Need to take all the maps?

            Arawn   - Coins - Same as Ben'dar.  Don't have much so take all?
                      Gear  - Got some dupe stuff like 2 Swords, Bows and
                              bucklers will assume take all unless stated
                              otherwise.

            Raban   - Coins - Not many so will assume take all.
                      Gear  - Will assume take it all.

            Chion   - Coins - Lots.  Take how much? Convert any?
                      Gear  - Will assume take all unless you state
                              otherwise.  Stuff listed in house will
                              remain there if not stated before leave.

            Unali - Got your email on gear thanks.

            Fremea -  Will assume take everything since not much stuff.

            Remember, If anything wishes to be left behind with
            others or at tavern or such let me know.  If coins
            to convert let me know.

            Z'leyra since not here in ICQ can't clarify some Gear
            stuff with you so will get back to you.

        GM: Congratulations!

            Chion is now +1 MEL!  With the experience from the
            teleports your not one higher MEL.  More powerful!
            I rather change character sheet to reflect the change
            AFTER adventure for ease.  I have updated the MEL,
            Mana and CA however.  A big milestone!