[pnpgm] Game Update #50b - File #209 - Giant Combat

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Jun 17 09:26:37 CEST 2008

[Raban checks over his minor bruise and decides a weak healing (El0)
should take care of it nicely. Calling on his diety in a brief prayer,
he thanks her for watching over him and the others, and then he heals
himself before searching for his bow that he dropped earlier. Then the
matter of his horse, who did not care for the giants very much, but
eventually Raban is ready to travel again.
[Mostly Raban just thinks over the recent fight and how poorly he did.
The fight was won without really needing his help, though mostly due to
Sven and Caladan. Worse, Raban could have caused injury to Frema had he
hit the giant the way he had planned too. Better planning is needed for
the future, but that will require knowing more about the others and them
about him. It is difficult to defend ladies who also jump into the
fights, especially when they are faster than you are. Overall the brief
fight showed him too little to judge the others skills. Raban did not
fail in anything he did, he just did not do as good as he had hoped
under the conditions. The others mostly failed from what Raban could
recall seeing, maybe just bad luck, as the ones who did succeed were
quite effective. They obviously did not think they needed him to hold
the giants back since many charged the giants. Did they think I was just
boasting? Or did they even hear me? I am new to this group, an unknown,
maybe they just did what they would have done if I was not there. Then I
must do things so they know I am there? I could entertain them at camp
but too much would draw attention of more than the group....
<Poor Raban is at a loss on what he needs to do ;)  He has worked alone
too long. >