[pnpgm] Game Update #49 - File #201 - Party heads east...

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Jun 11 03:06:26 CEST 2008

Raban smiles and thanks Sven himself. "Sven, I must thank you for
loaning me a horse of such quality. I am quite used to walking and I
have never needed to go quickly for any length of time, as my services
are needed most everywhere I travel. But this is not a time for relaxed
travel and I must do what I can to not slow the others down."
Turning to Ben'Dar, "Thank you, Ben'Dar, I am sure you and Sven will
keep me from making too many mistakes."

[Days later, when news of the giants is given]
Raban dismounts the horse and says, "I can handle a forest giant without
killing it if that is what you want. Fighting me would keep it away from
the others, but if the second one joins in, I could have trouble
handling both of them. Of course, softening them up a little first will
help a lot."
[If there is time, Raban readies his bow (may need to string it?) for a
few shots before he charges the Giant.]

<Skill use. With Bow maximum offense. With Hand to Hand 2/3rds offense,
Raban will try to avoid their worst hits.>
<What a time to notice you forgot to get a shield to go with the skill!
It could have stopped one hit. Oh well, it does not fit with Hand to
Hand anyway.>
<Now the fun part, giant swinging big club likely gets to hit first in
PnP melee. If there are rules for close fighting that will help Raban,
please switch to them. He can potentially out wrestle a giant.>