[pnpgm] Game Update #49 - File #201 - Party heads east...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jun 10 08:32:37 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #49 in sequence (file #201)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          [Raban watched the duel, but mostly watched the people.
          Gambling is not something Raban really concerned himself
          with, but the idea of betting on someones life or death or
          any stage of such just seems wrong. Chion would win, he was
          sure, Zing did not seem one who was destined for importance.
          The whole duel feels wrong, staged, but how would Zing's death
          benefit anyone? Surely they did not think Zing could win, but
          perhaps they just wanted to see Chion fight? If so, whoever
          planned this cares little for anyone but them self. That
          Sorceress could fit that description but then any of Chaos
          could. It is possible they know of our mission and thought
          Chion was to one they needed to worry about if they wish to
          stop us? In any case, we must all be watching for trouble,
          from any direction. I should say something to Chion, but
          nothing I say will help him. I cannot even congratulate him
          for such a senseless killing.

          It is best to say nothing then. Raban shakes his head sadly,
          turns and walks away.

          Raban bows briefly, "Zhou, please pass on my thanks to Sven
          and the High Elder. I can but hope this will prevent my
          presence from slowing everyone down. I must unfortunately
          tell you that I am entirely unskilled at riding, I have never
          needed to know that skill. I have seen others ride of course,
          so I have a little idea as to what is required, the rest I will
          have to learn as we travel. From what you have said, the horse
          seems strong enough, though I think I am heavier than the rider
          you suggested. But I do travel lightly, so I should be  under
          the total.

          <He is not actually as he is just over 500 with gear according
          to his sheet.> I assure you I will not be planning on riding
          any faster than I must, nor trying to fight from his back.
          Frankly, I think I will be worried that I will hurt the poor
          beast if I should move wrong or worse hold on too strongly.
          Perhaps I should ask someone for some quick instructions on
          what I should and should not do?"
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar cheers at the barbaric duel, the brutal display of
          blood- letting not affecting him in the least.  After Caladan
          declares Chion the winner, Ben'Dar collects his winnings happily.
          He strides over to Chion to congratulate him.  Seeing Caladan
          and Chion in intense, whispered dialogue, Ben'Dar pauses.  He
          sees the intent upon Chion's face to continue the battle
          somehow.  Ben'Dar looks down at the dead Zing, and looks back
          up at Chion, confused.

          If Chion is finished, Ben'Dar wil congratulate him on his
          victory, however strange it was.  Ben'Dar understood very
          little of what went on in the fight, until Chion used a magic
          blade to stab Zing. That, Ben'Dar understood well enough!

          If Chion does something to Zing's soul, Ben'Dar will back away,
          a look of suspicion on his face.  Ben'Dar is very superstitious
          of spirits and the dead, and any magic that affects them is not
          something he is comfortable with, nor does he approve of it.

          Later, Ben'Dar admires the huge horse given to Raban.  He walks
          over and examines the horse, checking out its age, strength,
          health, etc. Hearing Raban's words about his inexperience on
          horseback, Ben'Dar smiles.  "I know a thing or two about horses.
          I will teach you enough to stay on his back."  (Ben'Dar will
          spend the travel time training Raban in Horsemanship if he wants
          to learn it)
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet is not puzzled, but is studying the event very carefully.
          Nor is he saying much.  He makes no bets on the outcome, and
          seems not to be especially concerned about the outcome, except
          as it would interfere with the High Elder's mission for the
          group.  Even then, he knows not enough of what is to come to
          yet be worried if Chion were to lose.

          Kiet has other fish to fry...
        GM: Ack.