[pnpgm] Game Update #48 - File #195 - Chion Duels Zing

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri Jun 6 08:59:56 CEST 2008

[Raban watched the duel, but mostly watched the people. Gambling is not
something Raban really concerned himself with, but the idea of betting
on someones life or death or any stage of such just seems wrong. Chion
would win, he was sure, Zing did not seem one who was destined for
importance. The whole duel feels wrong, staged, but how would Zing's
death benefit anyone? Surely they did not think Zing could win, but
perhaps they just wanted to see Chion fight? If so, whoever planned this
cares little for anyone but them self. That Sorceress could fit that
description but then any of Chaos could. It is possible they know of our
mission and thought Chion was to one they needed to worry about if they
wish to stop us? In any case, we must all be watching for trouble, from
any direction. I should say something to Chion, but nothing I say will
help him. I cannot even congratulate him for such a senseless killing.
It is best to say nothing then. Raban shakes his head sadly, turns and
walks away.

Raban bows briefly, "Zhou, please pass on my thanks to Sven and the High
Elder. I can but hope this will prevent my presence from slowing
everyone down. I must unfortunately tell you that I am entirely
unskilled at riding, I have never needed to know that skill. I have seen
others ride of course, so I have a little idea as to what is required,
the rest I will have to learn as we travel. From what you have said, the
horse seems strong enough, though I think I am heavier than the rider
you suggested. But I do travel lightly, so I should be under the total.
<He is not actually as he is just over 500 with gear according to his
sheet.> I assure you I will not be planning on riding any faster than I
must, nor trying to fight from his back. Frankly, I think I will be
worried that I will hurt the poor beast if I should move wrong or worse
hold on too strongly. Perhaps I should ask someone for some quick
instructions on what I should and should not do?"