[pnpgm] reply re potions

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Jul 29 04:08:11 CEST 2008

> Replying to Raban Z'leyra says "We shall have to improvise. One of the
> stones at the wall and a dagger should work adequately if one is careful."

Raban smiles and says, "Then improvise it will be. I just need to
minimize what else could get mixed in and be careful not to loose any.
So a stone wall and dagger would not be the best. Perhaps someone
brought a strong pot or bowl? I left what I had behind to reduce weight.
I could use a small sharpening stone and a dagger hilt as long as I had
something like a bowl to ketch the grindings. Actually any hard fairly
smooth surface could be used to grind against. A mortar and pestle are
just better due to their smooth easily cleaned surfaces and matching
hardness so you don't chip. Metal to metal may be best with what we have
as that should not flake into the mix. Maybe an unlined shield could be
used if there are no bowls."