[pnpgm] Game update #26 - File #72 - Arawn talks to Elam

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Feb 22 06:12:12 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #26 in sequence (file #72)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra inclines her head and says to Raban "My thanks to you.
          I hope that I have not made many enemies, but a honest Blessing
          is always appreciated. I notice that you appear packed for
          travel...do you have any destination in mind? If you aren't in
          a hurry and don't mind talking about yourself I'd like to hear
          your story."
        GM: Ack.  Let's just say this is said in the future :)  Since
            its a few minutes from now in timeline.

                        -----------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea does not believe he was completely alone, however he
          does have to answer truthfully, so that means there is a
          question unanswered, yet she does not know what that would be.

          "Chion, I am unsure of what else you may need as this
          information is from the past and more for Unali." (If Chion is
          done, then the other assignment will start as soon as they have
          teleported back)
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Raban had better wait til his actions get caught up before
          adding more. Things could change radically>
        GM: Ack.  Yep.  When groups separate its hard to coordinate
            time frames and such.

                        -----------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          As Arawn assumes that Chion already left before Z'leyra had a
          chance to pass his message on to the wizard he now considering
          how best to avoid having his identity revealed and he will ask
          Elam if the Jenson is prone to casting spells to detect the
          presence of magic, especially illusions or invisibility. If
          Elam says indicatates that Jenson does not and will likely let
          them be after questioning at the tavern (as opposed to being
          brought somewhere else) then Arawn will cast Personal Illusion
          at maximum ability to disguise his face under the wrap.

          If Elam doesn't know or if Jenson is likely to use magic to
          uncover such deceptions then Arawn will excuse himself and let
          the party know he must leave for a short while. Afterwards he
          will find someplace private and then Teleport to the nearest
          discreet location that he can think of and then change clothes,
          use Personal Illusion to appear non-descript (and thus without a
          face wrap, at least in the illusion) and proceed back toward the
          area of the tavern but without entering, trying to keep out of
          sight, looking busy, and near a corner or other area where he
          can dip for a quick exit (teleport or other appropriate once
          there if necessary) if the guards should, for some reason, target
          him.

          All conversations above will be kept in a low voice to avoid
          being overheard by others outside of the party.

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Maren City, Chion's House]
         [Time: 8:25am]

         [Fremea stares at Kel.  Could this whole thing be that
          simple?  A bumbling desperate assassin after revenge?
          Of course it could if one had nothing to lose.  This
          man must have no family, no contacts, no guild or
          anything else to drop into.  An assassin on his own
          is just a thug in some cases and their time is limited
          in this plane of existence.]

         Fremea: "Chion, I am unsure of what else you may need as this
           information is from the past and more for Unali."

         [Fremea for the first time feels weary of the situation. Maybe
          Unali should be the one to question this person herself or seek
          the final blow of revenge.  Fremea considers her own goal of
          revenge on her captors.  When does the cycle of revenge end?]

         Chion: "We must be more specific. Ask him; were you working alone
           when you attacked Unali? What is the name of your contact in
           Maren city? How did you find out about Unali?' [He will look
           at the guy and ask Fremea] 'Fascination?'

         [Fremea leans to Chion and whispers.]

         Fremea: "No, though I can do that if needed. I rather enjoy my
           natural abilities more." [Showing a crooked smirk as if she
           truly enjoys what she does.]

         [Fremea stands erect and begins to ask Kel the questions but
          Kel interrupts and answers.]

         Kel: "When I attacked her? Yes.  I suppose I had some help
           from the bums as a distraction.  I'm sure you know those
           tricks yourself.  But it was me alone who attacked her.
           Maren city?  That's where we are?" [A slight smirk comes
           on his face so Chion may have let that out or Kel is
           just assuming.] "I've not been to Maren.  My contacts
           were all in Sivas city.  How did I find out about her?
           Very simple.  When my associates were jailed I noticed
           her talking to others.  A simple bag of coins and a quick
           conversation with a city guardsman gave me all I wanted.
           I then learned she had been seen in the district by the
           tavern.  You can't walk around a city dressed in black
           and looking like her and not attract some attention you
           know.  Same with that one with the face wrap, this one"
           [He nods to Fremea] "the one with the satchel and drum
           and the one with the claw necklace.  All are rather
           obvious to street folks.  You on the other hand I've
           not heard stories about in the 2 days I collected
           tid bits of information.  For a person of your size
           compared to the local fare you seem to do well in hiding."

                        -----------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.
         [Time: 8:25am]

         [Raban finishes gathering up his instruments and heads toward
          the stairs for upstairs and his room.]

         [Arawn pulls up a chair and sits down across from Elam.  Arawn
          asks about Jensen and magic.  Elam rubs his five o'clock
          shadow bearded chin.]

         Elam: "Hard to say.  I've met him once.  He personally does
           not use magic.  But if he has a aide or needs to do
           a full blown investigation then he might bring a wizard.
           He also may use Priests for the legal stuff in court.
           Most would do this.  If your trying to avoid being
           seen or noticed your too late.  You can change into
           some disguise but the guards over there already have seen
           you.  Micah used ...well he made them forget some things
           but that was a limited thing.  They still likely know
           of you and your original appearance.  Also that you were
           here they'd report that stuff to Jensen.  Fleeing or
           avoiding contact might cause more problems.  Your best
           bet is to just unwrap and answer his questions and he'll
           leave you alone.  Leave it on or the guards tell them
           their view then he'll get suspicious.  I've been
           around enough of these guards to know they just want
           to go in, investigate and be home to bed the wife at
           sunset.  Its early morning so that sunset is quite
           a long time.  But if they investigate and get it over
           they'll leave by lunch or sooner.  Get my drift?  They
           don't want trouble.  That's why I'm here and Micah hopes
           I can help in that area."

         [Arawn considers his options, illusion, fleeing, disguise or
          just being open.]

         [Z'leyra hears Arawn's whisper and hopes Arawn is not
          planning an escape.  She still is unsure why he wishes
          to wear a face wrap in a city where no one else does.
          Its a obvious target and few women may wear it but
          its rare.  Not like these folks have seen Elves before.
          Jordi has been in this tavern before and didn't wear
          a face wrap.  Maybe its that personality of being offspring
          of a god.  Then again Z'leyra looks over to Unali even
          she has worn a cowl on occasion to hide her face.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Monday..

        GM: Chion I didn't get the above dialogue.  I only got it
            when Tobie CCed the email to me to you.  Thanks Tobie
            for the CCed email.

        GM: Arawn - What option do you take?  Risk magic or not?

            Chion/Fremea - Any more questions?

        GM: Here is next week's agenda.  I have to go into work on
            my day off (Tuesday) for some special software setup
            we've programmed.  I will likely work Tuesday and
            take off Thursday (my normal work day).  So days off
            will be Wed/Thurs.  This means that update for Monday
            will be an early night.  For Thursday I'll have 2 good
            days to work on it so could be a lengthy one.  The
            week after next will be cruise and I'll be gone for
            2 update sessions.  So if Chion/Fremea wish to do something
            with prisoner and return back to the tavern I can forward
            the scenes fast enough and deliver Chion's message and
            then get to the real adventure introduction :)  But
            if they have more questions or actions it will be the
            following week I get back or later.  As soon as I get
            actions from Fremea/Chion I can rig up an update like
            I did one this Wednesday.  Other actions aren't required
            for this period as its hold time for the tavern pretty
            much till time catches up.  But again I don't want to
            rush the interrogation as its fun too. :)