[pnpgm] Game update #25 - File #67 - More Questions for Kel

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Feb 20 07:01:42 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #25 in sequence (file #67)

     Admin notes: A surprise update!

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          No, that joke was pretty much in-character for Ben'Dar.  He
          can have a bit of a mischievious streak in him from time to time...

          Ben'Dar plans on looking into the corrupt gaurd allegation when
          he returns to the ranch.  He will have a discreet chat with his
          steward on the ranch to let him know that one of the gaurds may
          have a questionable background.  No background checks will be
          performed at this point, but the steward will be aware that he
          needs to keep his eyes open.

          Ben'Dar approaches Unali.  "Well?  Why do we wait here?" he
          asks quietly.
        GM: Ack.  Cool.  Thought it was a fun thing.

                        ---------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <OOC: At this point Raban should fetch his backpack and other
          gear. I do not know if those are in this building or not. He
          could have a room here or elsewhere or have his pack near the
          stage. There is nothing not easily replaced in his packs, but
          he would prefer to keep them. So I will post assuming he has
          things in a room here. The GM can of course change things to
          fit what he thinks is appropriate.> <Addendum to the GM: Any
          valuables that were assumed to be in the packs should be in
          some smaller container that he can either wear unobtrusively
          or can keep near him when he is working. Belt pouch preferred.>

          [After having gathered what instruments and other gear Raban
          had near the stage he will go upstairs to his room to get his
          remaining gear. His backpack is always packed and ready since
          Raban knows he often has to leave at a moments notice. It does
          not take long to add his working gear to the rest and buckle
          the straps. His hundred pounds of gear is of little notice as
          he slings it casually over a shoulder, but then he pauses and
          sets it back down. He opens up a section of the packs and pulls
          out his traveling clothes and leather armor. He quickly changes
          clothes, dons the armor and repacks.]

          <This part may need changes if I do it wrong.> [Knowing that
          there is likely to be more problems in the immediate future,
          Raban prepares to do some magic to help. With a prayer to his
          Goddess Miryan, he asks for her help in a Blessing to defend
          himself so he may better defend Z'leyra and Unali. Once that
          is done, he reslings his gear and walks back to the others.
          Setting his gear beside the table, he turns to the two ladies.]

          "Z'leyra, Unali, I know you are not followers of Miryan but
          she is not opposed to my aiding you. If you desire it, I will
          gladly give you her Blessings to defend you from your enemies."
        GM: Ack.  For Gear I tend to let the gear in obvious locations.
            Weapons on person.  But bedrolls may be in a room or
            elsewhere for example.  For tavern situation and since
            your an entertainer you'd likely not do good to have
            weapons but just wear your basic clothing and instruments.
            Things like even jewelry can distract the audience to
            look at those things than your actual performance. :)
            But I get your general idea.  Since your words are
            after you pack up it will take several minutes to do
            all of that.  So may take awhile before get there.
            Its a good thing to say once the message is delivered to
            Chion by the messenger :).

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Maren City, Chion's House]
         [Time: 8:24am]

         [Fremea continues to ask questions of the assassin.  She shows
          no emotion during the questioning or during Chion's actions
          with the knife.  She knows he deserves everything he gets and
          more.  She smiles to herself about how much he will get.]

         Fremea: "So, you decided to take Unali yourself. Seems hard
           to believe that you alone could have done everything in the
           tavern, other than throw that dart. So, who else were you
           working with? How do I contact them?"

         Kel: "I was working alone. You can contact the others in prison."

         [Fremea turns to Chion and whispers in his ear.]

         Fremea:  "If there is anything you want to ask, let me know.
           He will answer to me."

         [Disappointed that torture is over for now, Chion nods and
          considers some questions then asks them.]

         Chion: "Are you familiar with the works of Shan Yu? He was
           an interesting philosopher. I believe we have other questions
           for you to answer, and since you seem to be so agreeable
           perhaps we shall have some other questions for you. Fremea,
           ask him the following please;

           What is his country of origin?"

         Kel: "Clima."

         Chion: "Who was your associates Unali took down?"

         Kel: "Unali is her name? Friends and fellow patriots who defended
            Climan against vile foreign invaders."

         Chion: "Was Unali your only target?"

         Kel: "Yes.  She was the only one visible I could locate who
           was in the takedown of my friends.  The others I could
           not locate them."

         [Chion mulls this over he must mean the local guards or the
          people Unali mentioned this morning in her story of taking
          down the spy network.  She mentioned no names but sounded
          like friends of Duke Aren or those who worked for him.
          So Kel couldn't locate them might indicate Aren's own
          network is well hidden.]

         Chion: "Are you working alone?"

         Kel: "Yes.  Now I am."

         [Chion figures this man to be foolish enough to take out a person
          in a bar full of others is either desperate or being tracked.
          If he is being tracked maybe there are ways to track him with
          magic.  That would make him desperate enough to attack in
          broad daylight and in a hurried ill planned attack.  Either
          that or this guy is a really really bad assassin.]

         Chion: "Thanks, Fremea."

         [Chion looks Fremea over and finds no physical injuries but
          Fremea hasn't asked for a healing spell yet.]

                        -----------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.
         [Time: 8:24am]

         [Ben'dar folds his arms feeling trapped in this place even
          when he could storm out is not fun.  He considers the words
          of Micah and the guard.  On one hand the guard hasn't stolen
          anything yet, that they know of.  On the other hand he
          should've mentioned it on being hired.  On the other hand
          if a felon wants to start a new life and can't get a job
          as a city guard become a mercenary.  Is that so difficult
          to understand? Maybe not.  Ben'dar runs out of hands
          in the inner debate and walks toward Unali.]

         Ben'dar: "Well?  Why do we wait here?" [he asks quietly.]

         [Raban continues to gather up his gear at the stage.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Friday..maybe...

        GM: Arawn - Still no post gotten here or list. :<

            Chion/Fremea - Any more questions? What next?

        GM: Went ahead and did another update since had questions
            from Chion/Fremea.  Events in the tavern will slow
            down as time catches up and decisions are made for
            the prisoner.  Once that stuff is decided tavern
            events can move on.

        MG: Will do update Friday or Monday.  But no rush for you
            guys.  If you get stuff out for me that's fine.  If
            not.  That's fine.  I just did this so answers to the
            questions can be seen right away.