[pnpgm] Game Update #23 - File #60 - Micah's turn to leave

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sat Feb 16 06:19:11 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #23 in sequence (file #60)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
           (OOC...I have to play it as if Ben'Dar doesn't know Chion's
           situation or whereabouts...Ben'Dar has some skill in sign
           language, but with his attention focused on Micah and the
           other gaurds, even if he sees Z'leyra's signs, he's likely to
           think that it is meant for Unali, who is recovering from the
           poison dart.)

           Micah says he has to follow procedures, and Ben'Dar flushes
           darkly.  He impatiently listens as Micah pretends to talk to
           Chion and he wonders just who this man thinks he's fooling.
           Civilized folk can be so stupid, he thinks with grim amusement.

           Micah makes the offer to "let Ben'Dar go" to find the vendor
           and in typical Ben'Dar fashion, he replies bluntly, "I don't
           need your permission to come and go.  You've given me no
           reason to trust you.  My friends are missing and so is the
           assassin. For all I know, Chion and Fremea are being tortured
           and killed as we stand here talking!"  He whirls on the two
           gaurds at the door, hefting his pike menacingly.  "Stand aside
           or die," he snarls.

           Unless he is given some indication from a member of the party
           to do otherwise, he'll go out in search of the vendor to try to
           track down the assassin.
        GM: Ack. Thanks for staying in Character. :)

                        --------------------

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali will whisper to Zleyra "Tell him to get that assassin
          back here, preferably somewhere upstairs, as soon as possible.
          I don't want to draw to much attention to ourselves or Aren's
          contacts, so it is best to resolve this as quickly as possible.
          If there is any information to be learned we will get it from
          Aren, I am sure, but I don't think it has any bearing on what
          we are going to do. More on what has happened in the last few
          weeks." It might well be possible that some members of the
          group and Chion overhear this.

          To Ben'dar as he is trying to create a scene and leave:
          "Ben'dar, come sit over here and keep us company. We should
          make travel plans, not run around the city. There is time for
          that later."

          To all, quietly: "Remember, we have no idea why I was targetted.
          Elam was the target. I'll love to hear what story he has
          today." Smiling to Elam.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn watched Micah prepared to leave and Elam took a seat at
          the table the party had formerly occupied. Not quite sure where
          Chion was Arawn whispered to Z'leyra,

          "If Chion is still around let me know if he still needs my help.
          Also, if he heads back to the assassin I think it may be good if
          I accompany him in case the potion doesn't take."

          With that he turns his attentions once again to Unali, his magics
          strengthening her life with each passing moment. (Arawn will
          continue to cast Energy (Priest) on Unali until something more
          pressing occurs, Chion needs help or is leaving, or if/when
          Unali looks or says she is recovered.)
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          [Raban ponders things for a bit, thinking its an odd coincidence
          how his encounter fit into the other events. But this Micah
          seems quite knowledgeable about such things. It is true that I
          would be noticed and thus much easier to find if someone tried,
          so he must be right. What they are speaking of now is something
          he knows little of, nor is it of much interest to him. So Raban
          walks back to the ladies to see if he can help them.]

          Raban: "Unali, I hope you are feeling better now. Z'leyra, I
          apologize for not speaking to you sooner, but things were
          happening too fast. I did not even know your name the last time
          we were together. I am very happy to see you were not injured.
          Poisons I have not needed to deal with before, nasty things. I
          have but one spell that can treat the loss of life energy, but
          it shares it between all nearby. I have nothing to treat
          poisons directly, so it would be best I learn to do so quickly.
          Or at the least acquire something that can treat it, like what
          you have. Do you need any help treating anyone? Or is there
          anything else I can do for you?"
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra responds to Raban "No need to apologize. I am no
           expert on poisons but I do have something that works against
           Death Poisons." She will wait and observe.

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Maren City, Chion's House]
         [Time: 8:21am]

         [Fremea regains her breath and considers next move with
          this unconscious man...]

                        -----------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.
         [Time: 8:21am]

         [Ben'dar watches the guards and Micah.  This whole situation
          has moved very fast and its slightly dizzying.  At one
          point Ben'dar glances to see hand signs given by Z'leyra
          but glances to the door guards when one exits and another
          comes in to stand his place.  When Micah turns to the wall
          and seems to talk to it or rather Chion Ben'dar watches with
          grim amusement but then realizes Chion must be here.  So
          where is Fremea?  He looks around the tavern but doesn't
          see her or on the second balcony.  Thig could hide invisibly
          maybe she can.  He watches the rear area with the baron
          and messenger talking up a storm probably about the party.
          He wonders how he got to like Fremea and have concern for her
          not knowing her that much.  Maybe its that she reminds Ben'dar
          of a small frail cousin he had.  His thoughts are broken when
          Micah ends talking to the wall and begins his way out.  He
          offers Ben'dar the option to go with him.  Ben'dar unfolds
          his arms and grasps his Pike while with the other hand
          pulling up on his necklace in a show of defiance.]

         Ben'dar: "I don't need your permission to come and go.  You've
           given me no reason to trust you.  My friends are missing and
           so is the assassin. For all I know, Chion and Fremea are being
           tortured and killed as we stand here talking!"

         [Micah turns to the wall and shrugs.  Micah guesses Ben'dar
          didn't realize who he was talking to or believed him.  He
          shrugs.  With his left hand he wipes it through his hair
          in a gesture of frustration then with his right hand he
          pulls the rear collar of his shirt.  Ben'dar notices this
          and recalls seeing Chion do the same thing.  Something
          killers do who might have weapons on their person to check
          if they are ready or even neck blades tied to the back.
          This man must be armed but looks weak.  Unless that's his
          show of cover persona?]

         [At the same time Micah and Ben'dar play who is Alpha Male
           Unali waves to Z'leyra and whispers.]

         Unali: "Tell him to get that assassin back here, preferably
           somewhere upstairs, as soon as possible. I don't want to draw
           to much attention to ourselves or Aren's contacts, so it is
           best to resolve this as quickly as possible. If there is any
           information to be learned we will get it from Aren, I am sure,
           but I don't think it has any bearing on what we are going to
           do. More on what has happened in the last few weeks."

         [All but Ben'dar, Elam, Micah, Cholan hear her words.
          Chion listens carefully and ponders he request.  He must've
          missed a piece of information she now knows but he doesn't.]

         [After Micah "talks" to the wall, Chion stares a bit amused
          but determined.  He finally speaks up after figuring if he
          should speak or not.]

         Chion:  "Well, if he turns out to be an acquaintance of mine,
           you certainly will not see him again."

         [Micah turns to the direction and finally sees a distortion
          in the room where the invisibility spell seems to be.
          Chion's exact location is found. Micah begins to raise
          a hand in reply but Chion quickly begins to cite magical
          words.]

         Micah: "He isn't! It's vital that you--"

         [With that the distortion changes and Micah sighs figuring
          Chion has left again too late for his reply.  He frowns
          and turns back to the business at hand the conversation
          with Ben'dar.]

         Micah: "You don't want to cross..." [He sighs] "We are on the
           same side here.  You are the outsider.  I could threaten
           your life your place here.  The kingdom has the right
           to deport you and confiscate your ranch.  But that's a
           shady deal.  I know Chion and he can take care of himself.
           The other one I don't know of.  Last we saw Chion
           teleported away with an unconscious assassin." [He lowers
           his voice and forgets he didn't say attacker but lucky
           the guards didn't hear it.  He raises it a bit again.  As
           he does Ben'dar realizes this fact was never given before
           or he missed it.  If the assassin was dead or down Chion
           could certainly take care of himself.  If Micah is telling
           the truth.] "Come or stay your choice.  I've been doing this
           long enough to know its a dead end." [He walks past Ben'dar
           to face the wear and gives a hand signal to a guard in the
           back. Ben'dar whirls to the front door and stomps closer
           to the guards.  Cholan sighs fearing a fight and wonders how
           much this could cost the bar.  Then he sighs wondering why
           he considers cost over friendship and picks up a hefty mug
           ready for a nice fight!]

          [Ben'dar faces the 2 guards who have their hands on their
           swords in the belt.  He pulls up his pike and growls standing
           a couple inches over the taller guard.  He notices these
           guards must be a good 5 or 6 years younger than him.  Just
           kids.  Likely ill-trained recruits.]

          Ben'dar: "Stand aside or die," [he snarls.]

          [One guard tilts his head to look at Micah who has now turned
           and moving toward the door.]

          Guard: "I'm afraid I can't.  Back away and sit down."

          [Ben'dar notices the poor lad's face drain of blood as if
           he is about to faint the poor lad.  Ben'dar almost
           begins to howl in laughter when Micah comes closer.]

          [Unali turns to see the tension rise at the door.  She
           waves a hand toward Ben'dar.]

          Unali: "Ben'dar, come sit over here and keep us company. We
            should make travel plans, not run around the city. There is
            time for that later."

          [Ben'dar turns to see Unali and seems confused.  Travel plans?
           Oh the Katai thing.  Then Ben'dar realizes she knows Micah
           and must trust him or know more to this whole thing than
           she can say for now.  Ben'dar sees Micah from the corner
           of his eye watching Ben'dar's reaction intently.  Does
           Micah know Zen'da society?  Females have less power over
           men and this might show weakness or is this just Ben'dar's
           paranoia? Then Ben'dar realizes Micah is trying to get outside.
           Ben'dar sighs but then decides to have some fun.  With the
           speed of a Zen'da racing pony he whirls around and jumps
           a few inches toward the guard and says "Boo!".  Both guards
           jump back one hitting his head on the door.  The first guard
           regains his bearing faster and glares.  Ben'dar smiles and
           lowers his pike then stalks back to the table.  Cholan
           drinks the few drops of tea, bah tea! not ale, in the mug
           and laughs.  Micah turns and catches Ben'dar on the shoulder
           with a twinkle in his eye.]

          Micah: "Watch out who you hire at the ranch.  One of your
            guards is a known felon from Cerulea for stealing."
            [With that tip of knowledge he moves to the guards and
            waits till Ben'dar is out of earshot and begins to
            whisper to them.]

          [Ben'dar approaches Unali and considers the tip from Micah.]

          Unali [In a low voice]: "Remember, we have no idea why I was
            targeted. Elam was the target. I'll love to hear what story
            he has today." [Smiling to Elam.]

          [Elam just eyes the bar past Unali with a stern face of
           experience it seems.]

          [Arawn sees Micah prepare to leave and watches Elam also
           sit in a table next to the party's old table.  He eyes
           the still bloody dart and wonders if Micah had knew of
           this plan or was thinking fast on his feet when he
           warned arawn not to touch the dart.  But either way
           if Arawn had touched it the plan might fall apart with
           how it would be explained with some ease.  Arawn guesses
           where Chion was but is unsure like Micah.  He whispers
           to Z'leyra.]

          Arawn: "If Chion is still around let me know if he still needs
            my help. Also, if he heads back to the assassin I think it
            may be good if I accompany him in case the potion doesn't
            take."

          [Arawn watches Unali and wonders if she wishes more energy
           castings but she seems to be getting stronger in physical
           strength but its hard to tell energy reserves from looking
           especially humans.]

          GM: Unali only wanted the one spell.

          [Raban watches the whole past few minutes in wonder and
           awe.  This fast and furious attack.  Now this scene with
           Ben'dar and Micah.  He smiles inwardly he might like this
           warrior on his bravado if he gets to know him more this day.
           He also has a sense of humor as well.  Raban knows nothing
           of the situation with assassins or hints of spies in the
           talk between the lines.  But if its a situation he will
           learn he is patient and can wait.  Raban seems to trust
           Micah only slightly because like a nation's spy, Bards
           have their own form of intelligence network.  Most people
           have no clue how it works and tends to be a private secret.
           Bards can be in taverns and share information while entertaining
           a crowd without anyone knowing but the two bards simply by
           hand signals or other secret forms of communication.  He is
           aware of some nations even use Bards to gather out information
           like Donara.  After all why not drink with a Bard and
           share that tid bit of military secret or illegal activity
           with a person who sings, what hurt could it do?  As Micah
           prepares to leave Raban looks to Unali and Z'leyra.]

          Raban [to Unali]: "Unali, I hope you are feeling better now."
            [Raban then stands and looks at Z'leyra.]

          Raban: "Z'leyra, I apologize for not speaking to you sooner,
            but things were happening too fast. I did not even know your
            name the last time we were together. I am very happy to see
            you were not injured. Poisons I have not needed to deal with
            before, nasty things. I have but one spell that can treat the
            loss of life energy, but it shares it between all nearby. I
            have nothing to treat poisons directly, so it would be best
            I learn to do so quickly. Or at the least acquire something
            that can treat it, like what you have. Do you need any help
            treating anyone? Or is there anything else I can do for you?"

          Z'leyra: "No need to apologize. I am no expert on poisons but

                ---------------------------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Maren City, Chion's House]
         [Time: 8:22am]

         [Chion teleports to the cellar below the two and listens
          for a brief second.  No sign of a fight or grunts and
          groans when opposite sexes get together.  Chion still
          feels weak as he figures Unali to be.  It could take
          days to regain his full strength but that spell Arawn
          did sounds interesting.  He ponders the words of the
          strange man who seems to act like a city guard but
          who wasn't dressed like one.  Unali's plea was also
          heard making his future decisions a bit less random.
          Chion straightens his clothes then realizes if he
          comes up or suddenly pops up Fremea could attack him
          not knowing its him.  Best to end the invisibility spell
          first before making an appearance.  He does so and then
          heads upstairs.]

         [Only a minute at most has passed maybe two (its hard to tell)
          but Chion sees Fremea leaning against the table drinking and
          holding her throat.  He comes forward and finds the man
          now in a different configuration of rope tying.  This time
          more secure looking with ropes criss crossing the body in
          various patterns.  Chion notices blood on his lip and a
          swollen jaw on the assassin. He smirks and raises an eyebrow.
          Chion figures she must've had a bit of fun without him but
          she remains quiet.]

          GM: Fremea in her actions doesn't explain situation or request
              healing so as below for now.

          [Chion ensures the new ropes are secure and scans the
           room.  The table seems a bit dislodged and some rope
           is on the ground that weren't before.  Chion figures the
           man must've escaped or tried to at least.  With his
           back to Fremea he smiles amused this frail Faerry
           could take care of herself just like Thig but Thig
           wasn't quite as aggressive in melee but more in ranged
           combat and spells.  Chion turns around and walks toward
           Fremea and sees her neck in the dim light.  Likely she
           was choked from the dirt on her neck and red streaks.
           Chion wonders if he should ask if she needs to be
           healed or not but she seems fine for now.  He nods
           in approval and twirls back to the assassin.  He
           inspects the mouth and finds the neck was hit hard by
           something underneath causing the teeth and jaw to move
           upwards into the nose area.  A very painful blow.]

          [Chion touches the jaw of the assassin and casts a
           regeneration spell on it.  The lip seals and the jaw
           seems to lessen in bloated mass.  Inside a tooth seems
           to regenerate back into place.  He then stands back
           and waves his arm and casts a chaining spell just in
           case to secure the man to the chair.  He then considers
           tapping the jaw to wake the man but that would be just
           cruel with the fading pain likely and the man couldn't
           feel it.  Best to feel pain and live through it Chion
           thinks to himself.  Chion grabs some smelling herbs from
           a cabinet that has been smelling for some time like
           dirty socks on hot coals.  He waves them under the man's
           nose and he wakes within a few seconds.  Chion throws
           the herbs back to the cabinet top and steps back.]

          [The man chokes on some blood in his throat and spits
           out a tooth onto the floor.  Fremea now back to normal
           (more or less) walks past Chion and ensures the man's
           wrists are tight so not to be disjointed again.  Chion
           turns to inspect the front door which is locked from
           only the inside and sees it secure so the man didn't
           make it that fair.  When Chion turns around he notices
           Fremea whisper into the man's ear.]

          Chion: "I wish to know some things. And I know folks like us
            don't talk about our contracts. Usually. So I will tell you
            a little about your predicament. First, we are in a home in
            Sivas. So nobody will be coming to your rescue.

            Second, if I feel like it I can take you wherever I want to
            in an instant. Third, you were hired to kill someone, and I
            really don't care who. I am just going to torture you for a
            while before I start asking questions. Just so you know what
            I am capable of. Then I will ask you a few questions. Oh yeah,
            and if I kill you, I will still be able to ask them. Just so
            you know."

          [The assassin seems unmoved by the comments but Fremea listens
           carefully.  So Chion is just like this man?  Something to
           put aside for later.  Chion finds a rag and gags the man
           before he can reply.  He then turns to Fremea but
           grabs the chair and sits down.  While the poison doesn't
           seem to be draining him anymore he needs the rest.  Now
           at eye level he stares at Fremea.]

          Chion: "So what did you hate most when you were captive? You
            should think of this as a way of getting back at your
            slavers. I shall start there." [For once, he is not smiling.]

          [The Assassin just stares ahead as Fremea turns to stare back
           at the man who just attacked her and called her a freak...]

                        -------------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.
         [Time: 8:22am]

         [Now at the front door Micah calls over the bar tender and
          hands him a bag of gold and whispers to him.  Likely to
          pay for any damages though there were none it seems.  Now
          the 2 guards and the tavern owner stand up against the wall
          with Micah's back to the party and rear of the tavern
          to the north.  Z'leyra against the wall watches and notices
          a quick shimmer of light flash.  From Arawn's point of view
          he noticed Micah pull something out of his belt pouch and
          but sees no flash of light.  Then Micah turns and gives 2
          more hand signals to Elam and quickly leaves the tavern.
          From inside Micah gets on a horse with now 3 others likely
          from the back of the bar and the one that he signaled in the
          inside rear of the bar.  They ride off west from the opposite
          direction they came quickly.]

         [The bar owner shrugs and goes back to the bar.]

         Cholan: "He pay you for something?"

         Tavern owner: "Pay?  Who?"

         Cholan: "Just now.  Guy named Micah."

         Tavern Owner: "Micah?  Was he a customer?"

         [The guards seem to settle in back into position and Cholan
          turns in confusion to the party as the tavern owner goes
          to clean the bar for the lunch crowd oblivious to things.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM:  Chion/Fremea - The more questions you ask or things to do
             the bigger and longer scenes I can do.  So go for it.

        GM: Its hard to put some dialogue and actions into a scene so
            I hope I put things in their right place. :)