[pnpgm] Game Update #100 - File #551 - Arawn talks to creatures

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Dec 30 09:03:45 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #100 in sequence (file #551)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          Raban is shocked with what he sees, more prisoners or worse. Did
          this island fly using the souls of people to carry it? Or tap
          their magic? Surely this place and its builders were evil, if
          not chaos or kotothi, just as bad or worse. Yes, it must use
          force, slavery or binding magic, that explains the actions
          outside, why they were so violent. They were right, this place
          needs to be destroyed, but not by crashing it on top of innocents.
          Chains he could break, but Raban knows his knowledge of magic is
          not sufficient to safely free anyone, he must wait for the others.

          <He cant think of what to say, so just thinks to himself and
          watches>
        GM: Ack.

                        -------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Just wondering, is Arawn able to identify either the elf or the
          silverish humanoid?

          By the way, nice Christmas lighting down there with the red and
          green lichen and "The firs thing notices... ", someones thinking
          about the holidays:)

          As Arawn gazed upon the silverish humanoid and the gaunt elf and
          recognized both immediately. They were both creatures from the
          realm of the gods, though neither were normally linked to one
          another. The appearance of the silver being, a Seker, servant of
          Balance, was a rare one in the Middle World for not only was it
          usually was an avenger of great upheavals but they could rarely
          maintain their form for long away from the Upper Realms and it's
          presence led him to wonder just what had led it here. The elf-
          like being was completely unrelated to it and Arawn wondered if
          he was prisoner or guard but he recognized the being as kin. He
          was an Anwora and cousin or nephew to the Alfar, for they were
          the children of Pwyll, his great-uncle, and Morain, his elder
          sister. He wasn't sure what was going on yet but he decided a
          direct approach might be the best option.

          Pulling the face-wrap free Arawn allowed both beings to become
          fully aware of his heritage. He answered in Elf Sidh while
          projecting his words mentally to the Seker. As he spoke he also
          translated into Marentian for the party.

          [To the party in Marentian]- "One is Sidh, an Anwora, the other
          is a Seker, of Balance. They're asking who we are."

          [Elf Sidh/Telepathic/and then translated to the party in
          Marentian]

          "I am Arawn, son of Morrigan and Payan, and these are my allies.
          Please, allow me a moment to translate for my allies," he paused
          to allow the others a chance to introduce themselves if they
          wished. "Greetings to both of you, brethren," he nodded toward
          the Anwora, "and Seker," turning his attention the silver giant's
          way. "If you ask about A'kril, then the answer is, yes."

          Arawn looked over their condition and asked,
          "How are you two doing and why are you here?"
        GM: Ack.  Yes.  Advised you in ICQ what they were.  Common Alfar
            knowledge.  As to lichen well didn't plan it for x-mas but
            worked out that way huh? :)  Same with firs my editor goofed
            should've been First. :)

                        -------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea studies the shackles, while Arawn speaks with the old elf.
          She looks for any weak points in the magic that bind the cuffs or
          the neck piece. In her mind she speaks, "Are you the one that the
          elementals want freed, so that they will be free? You have been
          here many years, so I would use your help in removing these for
          you."
        GM: Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra brings the skullcap inside and examines it further. If
          time get close to running out (in the hourglass) without the
          others coming back she will cast Perception to see what its
          properties are...to find out if this is the item that must be
          destroyed or used somehow to accommodate the elementals.

        Q: Why do Mummies like Christmas so much?