[pnpgm] Game Update #97 - File #530 - Island goes blam

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Dec 16 21:13:08 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #97 in sequence (file #530)

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          He briefly ponders sparing the lion-headed monstrosity, but then
          with a Z'endali battle cry, he impales the creature.  He
          understands little of what is going on, but honest battle...this
          he understands well!

          If Ben'Dar hears from Arawn or Fremea that there is a chance to
          stop the fall of the castle and save Tef'wo, he will move to
          wherever he needs to go at a dead-run, killing anything that gets
          in his way.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion sees a choice to try to contact the high elder (with a
           trapped spirit in the staff) or perhaps to talk with it. After
           Fremea explains what she has said to the Glyph and what it
           replied he decides that maybe using a trapped being to
           communicate would not be the best thing to do...

           But then, Chion does the right thing more often than not.
           Perhaps the spirit in the staff is happier there than these
           spirits were holding up this castle? In any event, it is worth
           a try. "I am going to see if the High Elder can be contacted
           now that we have some stability. Perhaps he can aid us now. I
           might need to go get him, though. So bear with me while I try
           contacting him." He will then attempt to use the staff to
           contact the High Elder and explain what has gone on, and that
           they need help getting rid of the restraining magics to appease
           the Glyph's rage.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Sorry...I sent some stuff from work but it obviously didn't get
          thru. IF someone has a way to look at messages that need
          approved before they get posted to everyone, that's where they
          probably are.

           Kiet will yell out "Z'leyra...watch the prisoners!" and dash
           into the burning room to get one...and only one...treasure
           chest...(probably the jewels...or the one with gold coins...
           whichever probably is worth more)...and any magic items still
           there and get 'em out in one trip.

           Kiet's thrilled to be alive but wonder what got into that
           blasted (blasting?) bird.  The unknown noises have bothersome
           enough, but now that bird too.

           Kiet makes sure that both barbarians are armed at least with a
           dagger (or whatever non-magical weapon we might still have lying
           around).  He also wants to put sacks over the heads of our
           little captive friends.  If one of them are responsible for
           the bird's flying off the handle, then I want as many
           hinderances to them as we can get....block their sight.  But I
           want them able to walk...I don't want to have to carry them.

           I going to make sure the oil keg and lamp are no longer on his
           person...being set aside in hopes and anticipation of the
           extraction of information from our trussed-up fiends.  In fact,
           it's time do discard all non-essentials....keep valuables,
           weapons, defenses, etc, but the rest can be in a pack somewhere
           nearby...

           And keep a close, close eye on the ropes holding our prisoners.
        GM: Ack. Bounced email portion above.

                        --------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Keeping an eye on Kiet to make sure he doesn't need rescuing
          Z'leyra uses sign language to tell the Ipanza to drag
          everyone/everything taken from the room down the hallway to
          and thru the window. As soon as Kiet makes it out she will also
          go to the window. She ponders possible spells that she might be
          able to cast through her staff with the last ergs of her magic.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          OOC: This entire scene reminded me of a prophecy earlier in the
          game regarding a 'gentle giant' and a 'protector of children'
          saving Katai from a great plague. I just couldn't remember it
          beyond the giant and child part. I tried searching and it took
          me forever to locate where i found but once something's gnawing
          at me I just can't stop without getting to the bottom of things.
          After all my searching it turns out it was a prophecy that only
          Unali knows and was mentioned in update #40 as a purely mental
          thing so I couldn't even use it in the post. After all that!
          Gagh!

          Oh, and oops! on the translation being in Katai. I guess habit
          due to location.

          Arawn pulled himself to his feet as he listened quietly to the
          dialogue occuring between Fremea and the Glyph. The elemental
          had apparently been one of the ones trapped here and knew nothing
          of the compact made earlier but luckily it seemed to find common
          ground with the group's resident faerry. Not wishing to risk
          disrupting negotiations he simply moved closer to Fremea in case
          things went south which, thankfully, it never did. When the aerial
          hourglass manifested in did not take him long to determine that
          the group had roughly 45 to 60 minutes left before it would
          effectively run out.

          [Marentian] "Beautiful words Fremean and well done." Directing
          his words toward the other party members he added,

          "Fremea has appeased the elementals for now. They are free but
          they wish the binding magic destroyed and we have, by my
          calculations, roughly an hour, maybe less, to locate and destroy
          it.

          I think it would be good to work on this. It might be the only
          chance we have to direct this castle elsewhere and prevent a
          major catastrophe should it impact the ground below and possibly
          save Ticero if he's still here." (assuming he wasn't our now dead
          apprentice)

          He looked in Ben'dar and Unali's direction, his attention finally
          freed to fully take in the battle they were embroiled in. At the
          same time he recalled Raban moving through the wall to rescue
          what was likely a Sylph in the other room.

          "Let's clear up this spot and get moving! If you've got this
          fight I'll move forward and see if Raban needs help!"

          Arawn will attempt to maneuver towards the door that leads
          into the room Raban entered. If he can't get through due to the
          lion- man blocking his way then Arawn will attack using his
          Martial Arts.
        GM: Ack.  Some dialogue (last lines) deleted since not needed.

                        --------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea begins to state what the Elemental had to say, when Arawn
          gets it out before her. She notices the fight going on with
          Ben'dar and Unali, however quickly determines they have it under
          control. She moves quickly  then, flying over towards where Raban
          may have gone. Most likely where the woman was seen. Hopefully
          this woman will have some answers as to  where this control
          spot is.

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 9 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 11:58:50 am]

        [Typical for battle time slows down for Ben'dar and Unali.  Behind
         him Ben'dar hears them talking for a few seconds.  He understands
         what Fremea says but not Arawn.  Fremea mentions something about
         slavery or knowing how they have been treated.  The meaning eludes
         Ben'dar but it must be some diplomacy that Jordi once liked to do.
         It must be a Sidh thing.]

        [ON the raised balcony/bridge Chion considers the situation. The
         Elementals flew away and the cloud begins to move away.  He
         understood what both Sidh were saying to the Windy Man.  It seems
         Arawn didn't make much progress and at one might might've been
         threatened.  But then Fremea spoke eloquently and seemed to gain
         the Windy Man's attention.  Chion becomes quite impressed with the
         small one's talk.  Who knows if she wasn't here now and have been
         in the same trapped state this situation could've come down to a
         battle.  A battle where Elementals are very difficult to kill.
         Chion glances over at the room where Raban went or seemed to.
         Then something in the back of his memory flashes as a prophecy
         where some Katai person foretold of a child like person and giant
         would save the land.  He pushes it aside as another children's
         story and concentrates on sudden death when the castle hits
         ground.  Chion looks down at his staff and feels the warmth even
         though freezing cold comes down from the open non-shielded sky.
         The barrier preventing contact must be down or the spirit inside
         must be stirring now.  If he can contact the Elder maybe he
         can give suggestions on what to do now.  He yells over the
         wind holding the make-shift sand-hourglass to the party.]

        Chion: "I am going to see if the High Elder can be contacted now
          that we have some stability. Perhaps he can aid us now. I might
          need to go get him, though. So bear with me while I try
          contacting him."

        [Arawn glances around a bit amused at the thought of the old
         man coming here.  Arawn figures he is a bit out of touch with
         his magic and might not want to come here.  If only Arawn knew
         of the rumors of his age and experience.  Chion turns around
         and begins to concentrate drawing in breaths and closing out
         all other sensory perceptions.]

        [Arawn glances back and sees the fight of the two warriors and
         strange Lion man creature.  The Elementals seemed to have ignored
         him which could indicate the creature is friend or of a non threat
         to the aerial beings.]

        [The battle continues in the hallway with the creature as Chion
         speaks.  The creature claws with both hands at Ben'dar.  One
         claw goes wild and misses but the other hits just below the
         left shoulder scraping by but his tough armor protects him but
         the pressure is clear the metal like claw came close to drawing
         blood.  Unali sees her chance and gets around the beast as it
         attacks Ben'dar.  She thrusts upwards toward the creature's back
         and both daggers hit.  the magical dagger impales deep into the
         creature's right arm and does massive damage.  The normal dagger
         hits the man in the right center doing more massive damage but
         the creature remains standing.  Ben'dar steps back and draws
         down his pike and charges with a great effort at the beast
         and impales him in the lower right abdomen doing massive
         damage even though he only had little life left.  The creature
         falls to the bloody carpet with a groan dead.]

        [Arawn watches the quick two seconds it takes to end the life of
         the creature but really looks at Fremea's back of the head.
         He is quite impressed with her connection to the Elementals.
         Even though he feels a bit ruffled to think such superior beings
         didn   't react to him right away.  He has to learn that not all
         submit to Alfar status it seems.  He figures it to be they
         just don't know what an Alfar is in the first place.  Arawn
         glances over to the semi-destroyed courtyard and studies the
         Wind Elemental holding dirt up in mid air and letting some of
         it sift through.  He counts in his head the seconds and the
         amount of dirt falling.  Though at this distance it is hard to
         tell volume, amounts and actual time he figures the make shift
         hour glass has at least 45 minutes up to an hour.  But he
         could be wrong.]

        [Ben'dar dodges to the side and heads to the door of the room
         that he thought Raban flew toward. He gets to the door when
         it suddenly comes open and Raban draws up his pike but finds
         the female staring at him.  Being carried by force outside.
         Ben'dar moves aside and Raban exits into the hallway.  Then
         Ben'dar notices he has a massive neck wound on the back of his
         head that looks to be a deep cut all the length of his back
         neck.  Then he notices Raban's hand is blood red and he begins
         to worry about the Giant.  As Raban moves the woman forward he
         asks Unali to hold her.]

        [Unali takes the woman into custody after putting one dagger
         away.  Raban looks out to the courtyard and then sags to his
         knees with a loud thump.  He rolls to his side and sits on
         his behind and holds his neck wound.  Arawn rushes forward and
         begins to apply pressure to the bleeding wound.]

        [The woman dressed in a type of gown tries to resist but Unali
         holds her steady.  Her face is furious and snarling as if
         she is upset at something.  Unali is confused why she would
         be upset at being saved.  Arawn kneels and with one hand tries
         to get at his bandages to help the wounded giant.  it is clear
         this wound almost killed the giant as if anything could.]

        [Seeing Raban taken care of Ben'dar leaps into the room and slowly
         explores it to ensure it is empty and finds it is indeed empty.
         By this time Caladan has reached Unali and speaks a few words
         and touches the woman.  She quickly sags and falls asleep.[

        Caladan: "Best to make her go asleep for awhile till we can
          figure out this situation."

        [As Arawn begins to bandage Raban, Caladan enters the room and
         helps Ben'dar explore it.  A minute later they return to the
         hallway.  By then Raban has several times around wrapped
         bandages around his neck like a collar.  Arawn begins to
         dab at the blood on Raban's back a bit as Caladan and Ben'dar
         return to give a report.]

        Caladan: "We found another one of those creatures inside.  Looks
          like that is what hit Raban.  But he took care of it.  I've
          seen the style of room before.  Based on the altar and the
          runes and symbols it looks to be a Summoning room.  That
          would mean she is a wizard and probably summoned these beasts.
          I suspect she wasn't quite in need of saving as it was a trick."

        [Arawn listens to his words and glances at the beast on the
         ground.  He shrugs and turns to face Fremea and speaks.]

        Arawn: "Beautiful words Fremea and well done."

        [In case some didn't understand what just happened Arawn tries
         to explain to the party.]

        Arawn: "Fremea has appeased the elementals for now. They are free
          but they wish the binding magic destroyed and we have, by my
          calculations, roughly an hour, maybe less, to locate and destroy
          it. I think it would be good to work on this. It might be the
          only chance we have to direct this castle elsewhere and prevent
          a major catastrophe should it impact the ground below and possibly
          save Ticero if he's still here."

        [As Arawn bags up his healing materials he continues.]

        Arawn: "Let's clear up this spot and get moving!"

        [As the others tend to Raban and clear up blown gear from the wind,
         Fremea glances over the area.  She is amazed at making a good
         connection with the beings.  Not having dealt with such before.
         At hearing Arawn's words she even blushed.  A reaction she
         has never felt since she was tiny before her wings grew.  Her
         heart warms up even though the area's temperature drops big
         time due to the lost shield.  She glances up at the sky to
         determine if this place is still falling when she notices
         puffs of smoke to the south.  She figures some fireplace in
         one room is going strong.]

                        -------------------

        [Meanwhile below in the main room the fire has spread down from
         the couch to the carpet.  Instead of stomping and stopping the
         fire before it spread the Shaman and acrobat leave the room.
         Z'leyra distracted by the wild nature of Corona and Kiet confused
         by the bird's attack may just be confused.  Kiet in the
         hallway glances at Z'leyra and speaks quickly.]

        Kiet: "Z'leyra...watch the prisoners!"

        [As Kiet runs back through the secret door he is confused enough
         by the odd noises and bumps and now the eagle's attack.  What
         could he have done to the bird? As Kiet passes into the secret
         door smoke is in half the room.  About 10% of the room is on
         fire and growing fast from the old dry carpet.  Kiet knows the
         treasure chest with the gems and coins is on the east side of the
         room and trots toward it.]

        [Out in the hallway Z'leyra uses sign language and gestures to
         convey orders for them to move down the hallway.  The window
         Corona must've used is a good 40 odd feet to the east.  To the
         north are the doors where the courtyard is.]

        [Kiet gets a hold of the treasure chest and hefts it up.  As he
         turns he notices a line of fire has blocked his way.  He tries
         to head south around the chairs but the smoke is a bit blinding.]

                        ----------------------

        [Suddenly the entire castle shakes and those standing are thrown
         sideways. Those sitting or kneeling are knocked to the side.
         Everyone on both floors suddenly realize the island has hit
         something.  But there is no explosion.  No great impact or
         decompression one might expect from impact with the ground.]

        [Those on the second floor guess the angry cloud must've moved
         below the island and again is trying to support it.  There
         doesn't seem to be structural damage other than dust and minor
         bits of stone plaster falling.  Hearts sink at the thought
         of a sudden impact but it doesn't come to be.]

        [One barbarian falls into Z'leyra and both hit the wall hard but
         no damage is done.  Both eye each other in confusion as to
         what has just happened.  Kiet in the main room stumbles forward
         and the weight of the chest causes him to lurch and pitch
         forward.  With a loud slam he falls onto the ground and rolls
         tot he side a hot area of flame.  He looks up to see one
         chandelier swaying back and forth.]

        [The sound of gems and coins spilling onto the ground is heard.
         Z'leyra gets up and confused more hears the slam and heads
         back to the room to check on Kiet.]

        [As Kiet's eyes water from the smoke suddenly the room fills with
         a strong gust of wind.  This causes the smoke to splay out even
         more in all directions.  Kiet rolls to his knees and hands and
         begins to get to his feet when he notices a form in the north
         standing by the fireplace.  The person stands tall and looks
         a bit handsome.  Kiet blinks and seems to see flashes of light
         from his eyes but thinks its a mirage from the smoke.  As Kiet
         staggers to his feet the room fills with almost hurricane force
         winds.  Kiet is blown backwards and stumbles over the chest and
         curses at his timing.]

        [Z'leyra standing at the door now notices the strange man as well
         and sees Kiet falling backward toward the south door. Within 2
         seconds the man waves his arms and the winds form a wind current
         that surrounds and then pushes and then smothers the flames out.
         Kiet rolls over to see the man look the room over.  He briefly
         stares at Kiet but seems to ignore him as if a non threat.  The
         man looks the debris over carefully and the dead bodies of the
         guards.  As the smoke from the doused fire rolls through the
         room and toward the updraft of the now doused fireplace the man
         walks over to the now fire destroyed couch.  he leans down and
         inspects the pile of gear A'kril had.  He touches the armor
         and sword briefly.  That's when Z'leyra brings up her staff
         in guess this strange being is an enemy.  Kiet gets to his feet
         and quietly walks south of the glass table toward the secret
         door while he watches the strange being.]

        [The man picks up the bag that once held the magical powder.  It
         is now empty and must've been destroyed by the wind spread
         and destroyed by the fire or both.  The man nods and looks
         around and then in a blink of an eye seems to twist form and
         he is gone as a gush of wind rushes up the fireplace.]

        [Both Z'leyra and Kiet stare at each other in confusion.  Then
         the room is examined.  This once great room fit for a rich noble
         is useless and destroyed.  Debris, smoke and fire damage lay
         everywhere among what damage the party did during the battle.]

                        ----------------------

        [On the second floor all look at each other in confusion at the
         sudden lurch and shake of the island.]

        Caladan: "We are alive right?"

        ]Caladan jumps as Fremea pinches him in the side and she moves
         forward to look up into the sky.  Caladan gives a yelp of
         surprise and figures he must still be alive.  Caladan grumbles
         and knows the faerry like to be mischievous.]

        [As the party gather up gear that got strewn about Fremea stares
         at the sky with Chion.  The clouds are moving east to west
         which would be typical for the ocean breezes here.  But without
         some form of horizon reference it is hard to determine if the
         place is still falling or how high they are.]

        [Arawn frowns at the sleeping lady but notices that she has a
         odd black aura around her.  If she was a mage and she called
         these beasts upon them then she was likely trying to cast
         a spell on Raban.  With Raban's angelica defense it must have
         backfired.  Black auras usually mean massive spell failures
         or geas type curses.  From her reaction that Raban seems to
         indicate maybe whatever force of these beasts possessed her
         and she wanted to do what these creatures did - claw at Raban
         and Unali.  Arawn sighs and figures it will be good for her to
         sleep for some time.  Just in case she is tied up until she
         can be determined friend or foe.]

        [Arawn glances into the Summoning room and then moves the party
         forward east down the hall.]

                                -----------------

        [Back downstairs Kiet exits back into the hallway and places
         a sack on the head of the prisoner now awake.  From experience
         he knows that keeping prisoners confused makes them vulnerable.
         They break faster.  In case the man returns he unties the awake
         and sleeping guards.  He'll haul them and let them walk.  He
         hands two daggers to the ipanza warriors.  They seem confused
         by this but take it and don't suddenly turn on Kiet.  Z'leyra
         notes that Kiet seems to trust the barbarians quickly.  But
         she'll keep an eye on them just in case.]

        [Z'leyra glances down the hall and notices the door on the
         east end of the courtyard shows sign of holes?  She walks
         forward to examine it and notice broken stone and holes in the
         doorframe and roof.  Light from outside shines through.  She
         also feels the very cold temperatures drop from the broken
         window in the east.  She waves Kiet forward and suggests
         going into the courtyard to see what has happened.]

        [They use the west door and open it cautiously. The first thing
         the two notice is a odd sight of dirt floating in the air about
         20 feet east just to the side of the fountain.  There seems to
         be strong winds in the courtyard as well.  Then the two notice
         the second balcony is half hanging down and Z'leyra figures that
         to be the door damage and the noises they heard earlier.]

        [Knowing that time could be critical the team upstairs moves
         forward to finish exploring.  They move down a short hallway
         and find two doors.  Fremea, Unali and Raban head to the north
         door and Arawn and Ben'dar check out the other door.  After
         seeing no magic on the doors they enter.]

        [The north room (Room B) is 20' by 12' and clearly looks to be
         a master bedroom.  There is a large bed with silk sheets.  A
         small desk and chair also are in the room.  Small bedstands
         are by the bed.  The right north corner of the room has a
         small fireplace that is dim with hot coals but not roaring.
         A door on the east side is checked and then opened.  It is
         a small closet of clothes of nice noble station at least.  The
         floor is a blue carpet.  Lighting is done with candles on
         the desk, bedstands and fireplace.  The candles are now all lit.
         The door to the room is metal and has a lock but in this case it
         isn't locked.  The bed itself is turned down as if someone just
         woke up.]

        GM: Room has these items:
            Throwing Dagger       (2)     Fighting Dagger       (2)
            Silk Tunic            (6)     Jerkin                (6)
            Cloak, Silk           (1)     Cloak, Leather E.Q.   (1)
            Pants, Silk           (6)     Pants, Leather        (8)
            Belt, Silk            (1)     Belt, Snake Skin      (1)
            Ornate Boots          (1)     Dress, Silk           (5)
            Riding Tunics         (1)     Gloves, EQ            (1)
            Money Bag             25 CC, 13 SC style coins

            All will be noted in the master treasure report later.

        [It is quickly figured out this has to be A'kril's room.  It
         just seems to fit his style.  As the closet is explored Fremea
         reports to halt that magic is sensed near one bedstand. It
         seems to be a gem placed under the stand.  Cautiosly she
         inspects it and noticed an aura flash.  But nothing seems to
         have happened.  She waits for another aura but nothing happens.
         She looks under the stand carefully and notices the magic
         aura is gone.  Confused she shrugs it off.  Then she recalls
         the aura looks familiar.  She has seen that style before.  But
         where? Then she recalls.  Z'leyra's manor house.  Z'leyra
         said something about warning magic to warn her of theft or
         break in or something?  Maybe this was to warn A'kril of bad
         entry into his room and with him dead it is useless now?  She
         tells the other 2 it is okay to move now.]

        [Meanwhile in the south room Arawn and Ben'dar examine the other
         room (Room C).  This one is much smaller only 12' by 8' and
         is also a bedroom.  It has a single sized bed with nightstand,
         chest for clothing and chair of mundane design not noble.  Floor
         is stone and lightning is by candle on the nightstand.  The
         door is wooden with a simple lock.]

        GM: This room has these items:
            Fighting Dagger       (2)      Tunic                 (2)
            Jerkin                (6)      Pants                 (9)
            Boots                 (1)      Money Bag              8 CC

        [No magic is detected in the room.  When Fremea exits the other
         room and explains what they think that room is Arawn nods his
         head.  this must be the bodyguard's room.  It fits in with
         being right next to A'kril's room and less richly made.]

        [Meanwhile as the group explores the two rooms Caladan approaches
         Corona and seems to wonder how he got here.  The bird looks
         confused as well.  Then Caladan and Chion notice Z'leyra and
         Kiet below in the doorway.  Z'leyra looks up and notices Corona
         sitting on the ledge by the stairs of the courtyard.  She
          is happy to see him safe.  Almost immediately a loud yelling
          discourse is given by Caladan and Z'leyra back and forth on
          what happened.  Soon both groups are informed on events that
          have just occurred.  Those exploring the rooms can faintly hear
          Z'leyra yelling up but gets enough from it to figure out the
          Glyph must've been looking for A'kril's body.  The group wonders
          now if he'll return to do more justice or stay to his word and
          give the party time.]

        [Time: 12:04 pm]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: Chion - Expect email.

        GM: Experience has been noted on sheets.

        GM: Kiet the reason post didn't go out was your work email wasn't
            subscribed.  Simply add him or let me know and I can do it.
            All posts not approved (ie subscribed) get bounced and deleted.
            Most of it is spam otherwise we'd have spam about 30 posts
            a week of it.  I did find your post and its in the recap
            section so I can see what you did post.  But if anyone
            wants more than one email account for them just let me know
            the address or subscribe yourself.  I have 2 for the list
            myself.  So that's fine.

        GM: Ran out of time to do more.  Was going to finish the last
            of the area not shown (rooms or stairs to third floor?).
            But ran out of time.  Will be in next post.  Those from
            A'kril's room seem to have forgot Raban hasn't joined the
            group in the hallway.  He has found something neat in
            the closet to look at (email to follow).  At this
            point assume all know details of what happened in each
            group (1st/2nd).  If folks want to merge or do something
            else let me know.  Will assume 2nd floor group goes
            to explore more next update. Will work on it a bit Wed/Thurs.
            Chion expect email soon on staff results.  This will have
            to do for now can't go into more detail on some things. :<
            A bonus is below after the map segment.  I won't have
            the player map updated till tomorrow night for website.

  Map Legend -

       3 - Wind      - V29, Hovering 2 feet up, holding dirt hourglass
       X - I20 - Room Explorers - [Arawn, Ben'dar, Fremea, Unali]
       Y - M25 - Chion, Caladan, Corona
       R - Raban - A'kril's room
       A - W18 - Z'leyra, Kiet [1st floor doorway below balcony]

  [Second Floor]

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
                ° = Solid wall or earthen rock
           / or \ = Door
           ,,     = Stone Steps
           @@     = Table
           ##     = Cabinet, Storage Chest or locker
           *      = Chair
           o      = Barrel
           `      = Shelf
           ~~     = Pull lever
           I      = Stone wall
           $      = Bed
           :      = Window

      [Some symbols may be different and will be described if that
       changes for each room.]

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

           Rm A.      Room B
        I--------------------------                            Row
        I   [**]   I   ~$$$~   **I                              A
        I          I    $$$   ___I                              B
        :   ###    I    $$$   /  I                              C
        I   ###    I##        \  I                              D
        :          I##*       I  I                              E
        I *     *  I________/\I__I                              F
        I          I$$` ##I   I°°I                              G
        : *     *  I$$   *I   I°°I                              H
        I          I$$    \ X I°°I                              I
        I___/\_____I______/   I°°I_____/\______I°°              J
        I          Room C                                  I    K
        :                          Stairs                  :    L
        I_______________   ______Y___.._______  ___________I    M
     M  I           I  [  ]         I..[[.   [  ]I         I    N
     i  :           I  [  ]         I[[[[    [  ]I [~] [~] I R  O
     d  I ...   ... I  [  ]  *      ____     [  ]I [~] [~] : o  P
      ->I ...   ...    [  ]        /    \    [  ]I [~] [~] I o  Q
     L  : ...   ...    [  ]       (  *  )    [  ]I [~] [~] I m  R
     e  I ...   ...    [  ]        \___/     [  ]I  ~   ~  :    S
     v  I ...   ...    [  ]                  [  ]I  o   o  I G  T
     e  : ...   ... I  [  ]  *               @@@@I        #I    U
     l  I           I+ [  ]     .....3....   @@@@I        #I    V
        I___________I__[  A__________________ @@@I_________I    W
        I               /\                    /\           I    X
        :                \----Ledge/Balcony///             :    Y
        I____/\_____   ____________________________________I    Z
                   I   I
            Kiet -->   I   Main Room
                           [1st floor]

  Room A - Summoning Room 20x20'

     This room houses a fireplace ([*]) that stays low.  There is a altar
     (##) and stone columns ornately decorated (*) among the room.  The
     floor is a carpeted dark red.  Lighting is by fireplace, windows and
     candles by the altar. Door is a simple wooden with moderate lock.

  Room C - Bodyguard Bedroom 12x8'

     This room has a bed ($) with small nightstand (~), chest (#) for
     clothing and chair (*).  Floor is stone and lighting is by candle on
     the nightstand.  Door is wooden with simple lock.

                        ---------------------------

     GM: As a bonus this is what happened with Raban.  john said it was
         ok to post it in full.  Here it is!

        [Raban circles around the food preparation room like a bird, a
         very large one, with grace and speed.  He then selects the right
         angle and climbs up north toward the north hallway's stone
         railing.  Raban tightens his arms around his sides and folds up
         like a flying missile to squeeze between the railing and ceiling.
         Flying toward the north the Lion-Man leaps forward with slashing
         claws.  Claws seem to contact but go through the flying giant.
         Then in a blink of an eye Raban is here in the hallway and gone
         the next.]

        [Raban flies through the stone wall like a ghost and emerges into
         a bright room. A second later Raban's breath comes back to him
         as mass engulfs him and weighs down his trajectory a bit.  He
         continues to fly but slowly stops and attempts a somewhat awkward
         landing on his feet skidding against the east wall.  Raban takes
         a quick scan of the room.  On the west wall are tall windows about
         as tall as Ben'dar.  They shine bright with the storm now gone but
         grayness seeps into the room.  In the north center of the room is
         a roaring fireplace, a table of some kind is just to the south of
         it.  In the general center of the room at various square positions
         are tall columns from ground to ceiling.  The columns seem to have
         winding sculpture like decorations.  The room itself is about 20
         feet by 20.  The room has dark red carpet.  Lighting seems to be
         done by the windows, fireplace and candles on the table.]

        [The columns block some views but Raban notices the female is
         standing behind the table in front of the fireplace.  Flames
         dash shadows from behind her and show through her hair like
         sparkling gems.  At this angle it looks like her clothing shows
         the fireplace as well showing an almost ghostly like form. She
         is glancing to the left.  She looks to be in her late 20s and
         stands 4 foot 6' a very short gal and only looks to be 85-90
         or so pounds.  Her black hair rains down past her shoulders and
         onto her back.  She is wearing a blue/green gown of some sort
         that could be a evening dress in some cultures.]

        [For the first few seconds it seems she is alone but then Raban
         sees the quick motion to his left just around one column. Another
         Lion-Man leaps straight for him.  The creature roars and two claws
         strike out.  But Raban's blessing for defense helps and both miss
         his agile form as he dodges.  Raban twists and brings down his
         right gauntleted arm down on the man's shoulder as he passes.
         The Lion-man takes the damage and roars in pain.  The creature
         turns and gets behind Raban and claws again at the Giant. But
         Raban ducks and weaves and both claws miss again.  Raban raises
         his right leg and like a mule kicks backward as hard as he can at
         the creature.  The leg impacts against the creature's middle left
         abdomen and bones crack.  But the creature remains standing up.]

        [The creature staggers back but recovers and leaps for Raban again
         clawing desperately.  One claw misses but the second metal claw
         scraps Raban's back neck and digs deep tearing tissue and spilling
         great blood.  If it was the front he'd be dead likely.  But instead
         the massive 16 point wound spurts blood.  Raban twists around
         and faces the creature but staggers a bit from the wound.  He
         reaches out and grabs the creatures left arm and pulls.  The
         creature comes forward as Raban's other arm chops down and
         breaks the creature's left arm.  The creature jerks back and
         the force of pain causes him to pass out and hi the carpet.]

        [Raban grabs his neck wound and with his large foot he stops the
         creature's neck and crushes it to finish off the creature.  He
         draws back his hand and sees it covered in blood.  Raban looks
         around for others but finds nothing else.  The woman begins to
         move around the table and Raban staggers forward to help her.
         Raban applies pressure to stop the bleeding as best he can and
         moves forward.  She talks but Raban can't understand the few
         words she is trying to say.  But her face goes from look of
         surprise, fright to relief.]

        [The female stops as Raban walks toward her and she speaks a
         few words and looks at Raban's bloody hand with horror.  Raban's
         eyes begin to blur just slightly and he notices her hands seems
         to ring as if in sympathy pain.  Then Raban notices her green
         eyes are bright and vivid.  Another step and Raban notices her
         eyes seem to glaze over and her body tenses up.  Raban stops
         and glances back to ensure nothing is coming up behind him but
         sees nothing.  When he turns around the female is lunging for
         him with a snarled face.]

        [Confused and a bit dazed Raban easily side steps and the female
         passes him.  He tries to grab her and she twists and begins
         to claw at Raban.  But her fingernails are not sharp enough
         to do anything but minor scratches.]

        [With a bloody hand Raban grabs her arms and holds her tight so she
         can't fight.  He begins to speak soothing words but doubts she
         can understand.  Her looks aren't that great, compared to the other
         women in the group she is rather dull looking.  The female pulls
         up her knee and kicks forward in Raban's groin.  Raban flexes  back
         expecting this move.  But in the second it took to release her
         left arm she grabs a hidden dagger from her side pocket like hole.
         She lunges but Raban easily grabs her arm and brings the dagger
         down on her gauntlet.  The dagger goes flying to the ground and
         Raban pushes the female forward.]

        [Raban dreads the next thing and pushes her up against the wall.
         He knows some captives can be confused and maybe she is just dazed
         or under some spell.  But he grabs her arms from behind and pulls.
         She yelps but is now under control.  Her face is still snarled
         for some reason and she continues to speak in a odd language.]

        [Knowing that he could faint soon Raban rushes the female forward
         toward the door....]