[pnpgm] Game Update #70 - File #365 - Introductions are Made

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Aug 29 06:09:12 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #70 in sequence (file #365)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Odd you are right sheet says Donaran, not Xianese for native.
          Though I think Xian is part of Donara. So use whichever, does
          not make much difference. Likely should have both at 80 but
          sheet does not say that either. yup Xian was conquered by Donara
          and became part of it. I have him being Xianese, later moved to
          Artad to fit the background events the best.>

          [Raban is a bit confused at what little he understood and the
          tone that seems a bit hostile. Perhaps they are not as friendly
          as conditions suggested and need to be watched carefully for
          threats. If it comes to a fight, they should not be a problem
          unless one is a powerful mage and then that metal man makes for
          a bad time. So disable mage or metal man as quickly as possible.
          Satisfied that he has a plan, Raban relaxes some, but ready to
          pounce at a moments notice. A nice steam lodge would be wonderful
          right now, maybe one can be found when they are done up here....
        GM: Ack.  No your right. Xian is Donaran dialect.  I just didn't
            put that 2 and 2 together.  Should have.  I do show you at
            EL80 Donaran.

                        --------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea studies the man talking for a sec, figuring out that he
          must have spoken in the Sidh tongue. Her eyes dart to a spot on
          the wall for a second and then she turns back to the man who
          spoke. She decides to speak the man with the Sidh tongue to make
          sure that is really what it was. "Who is it that you are waiting
          for? It seems that we are here and I doubt that there are really
          any others that could have made it this far easily." As she says
          this she scans the room and realizes that Chion is not in the
          room. "What have you done with Chion?" Her stance switches a
          little to more of an offensive posture, though no open action
          is taken to show she will attack.
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          As Fremea completes her statement and question Z'leyra makes a
          calming motion with her right hand and speaks to the men "This
          is Arawn, Fremea and I am Z'leyra. These others are our friends
          including one who is left outside this room by the door being
          shut." Using her hand to indicate each as she speaks of them.

          She continues "We would like to talk peacefully with you and
          exchange knowledge, but first would you please introduce
          yourselves and allow me to translate this conversation for our
          friends? If so, I will introduce you to them as well."
        GM: Ack.

                        --------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar sees the hostile move by the armored man toward Kiet.
          He tenses and takes a menacing step toward the man, leveling his
          pike toward the man with a scowl on his face.  He cannot
          understand the Sidh words of Arawn, Fremea, Z'Leyra, etc.  But
          he does notice that Chion has been locked out of the room and
          sees the distress in the body language of Fremea.  He realizes
          that combat is inevitable, and tenses for the charge toward his
          target.  Ben'Dar will not initiate hostilities, but it is clear
          form his body language that he is ready (and eager) for them.

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 9 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 10:16am]

        [Ben'dar doesn't like his friends being threatened even if no word
         was said.  When Fremea simply tries to warm up the armored man
         goes into a hostile stance.  Ben'dar tenses and steps a foot
         forward.  Ben'dar levels his pike in a clear hostile act and
         scowls.  He glances at Fremea and her body language and notices
         Chion isn't in the room.  But he recalls that Unali was the last
         one she would've seen Chion either decide to stay outside or not.
         He listens to the gibberish talk and has no clue what is said. He
         knows the brief history of this group and ho well negotiations go.
         He prepares for combat.]

        [Raban is just confused by the words spoken but it doesn't take
         a empath to know the two men are likely hostile.  But then again
         wouldn't you if someone just stormed into your secure place high
         in the sky?  He knows that the party will not have much trouble
         handling 2 simple men. They are clearly out numbered not expecting
         the party of such numbers to be in this room.]

        [Fremea continues to study the bearded man, unsure if she has heard
         communication through a spell or the Sidh tongue.  Then he
         realizes the quick clips of certain words that have to be Sidh.
         She is unsure how this human could speak such a sacred tongue.
         Maybe his tongue should be cut out not to offend the gods.   Then
         she realizes Z'leyra is also speaking the same thing.  So she
         guesses humans also learn the language.  Her eyes dart to a spot
         on the wall that seems interesting to her, then back to the man
         with the beard.  She decides to break the silence and speaks
         back in the Sidh tongue.]

        Fremea: "Who is it that you are waiting for? It seems that we are
          here and I doubt that there are really any others that could have
          made it this far easily."

        [As she speaks she glances to Z'leyra and Arawn for some sign of
         advice or other body language to follow.  She then realizes
         Chion is missing from the room or either is hiding by magic.]

        Fremea: "What have you done with Chion?"

        [Fremea shifts her feet to a more offensive stance and flexes
         her wings and fingers.  Ready for action but taking none so far.]

        [Caladan sees Ben'dar tense further at Fremea's distress and reaches
         forward and touches his left shoulder and grabs it firmly.  Ben'dar
         looks back over his left shoulder annoyed at being bothered.
         Caladan shakes his head and tilts his head to Z'leyra.  In
         Marentian he whispers.]

        Caladan: "Talk before violence is always suggested."

        [Clearly Caladan hopes to calm Ben'dar down who other than Fremea
         seems to be taking a somewhat more hostile move.  Sure Raban is
         tense and Unali is stone faced but they seem to be that way most
         of the time.]

        [Z'leyra glances to the right toward Fremea hoping to get her eyes
         in attention.  She lowers her arm down at a 45 degree angle and
         pats the air with her right hand in a calming motion.  She turns
         her head to the Bearded Man and replies back in Sidh Tongue.]

        Z'leyra: "This is Arawn, Fremea and I am Z'leyra. These others are
          our friends including one who is left outside this room by the
          door being shut."

        [With a graceful hand gesture she indicates each person in question.
         Fremea seems to get her meaning and figures Chion may have
         decided to stay outside for tactical reasons.  It isn't like
         a 250 pound man who can teleport 1000 miles in a blink of a eye
         couldn't simply walk through the door.  Fremea gives a slight
         sigh of relief. Unali cringes at the tactical blunder.  To let
         the host know someone else was outside gives surprise away.  But
         surely the armored man saw him right?  Maybe it is best to say
         he is outside to not frighten the host.]

        [Arawn gives a subtle shoulder slump at the thought of release of
         names.  Sure it is protocol to give hosts introductions of people
         in situations like this.  But mother always said a name once given
         is power to a person.  It tells all one may ever need to gain
         knowledge about a person.  To give a name, she would say at bedtime,
         is to release almost your soul.  Once a enemy has your name he can
         use it against you even in death.  Arawn never forgot those bedtime
         stories even now.  Some gods using names as a tool or leverage against
         others.  But in human society such names aren't a big deal so
         Z'leyra was right to give them their names.  It is a habit he will have
         to deal with in this world.  Z'leyra continues speaking.]

        Z'leyra: "We would like to talk peacefully with you and exchange
          knowledge, but first would you please introduce yourselves and
          allow me to translate this conversation for our friends? If so, I
          will introduce you to them as well."

        [Silence descends in the room for a few long moments.  Only the
         crackle of logs breaking in the fireplace and thunder is heard.
         The bearded man's eyes dart to Fremea and to Z'leyra.  It is
         clear he is deep in thought.  The other man glares at Ben'dar in
         clear dislike.]

        Bearded Man: "I do not care what you tell your friends or your
          servants or your dogs." [He considers a few more seconds as
          if deciding give his name is useful to this situation or not.]
          "I am A'kril Mantos Master of this Castle and you are not
          the ones I've expected here today." [he continues his stare
          with Z'leyra ignoring Fremea all together.] "I do not know
          who this Chion person nor care.  As to who I am expecting
          that is none of your business.  An exchange of knowledge is
          what you seek but I have no summoned you here.  Before we
          continue this exchange of knowledge as you say state your
          purpose here and how you have come to my castle.  Before we
          can all be cordial and sit down for our civilized" [the word
          civilized is spoken with a icy tone and his eyes glare at
          Ben'dar for a half second] " talk you must disarm yourselves.
          My servant can house your weapons for safe keeping.  If you
          refuse we may have a problem here.  I do not welcome uninvited
          guests in my home with such large numbers of weapons here.
          Will you comply with my request?"  [He gives a smile that reveals
          white teeth.  He obviously seems to ignore the other man as
          if not caring to introduce him at all.]

        Actions/ Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
                ° = Solid wall or earthen rock
           / or \ = Door
           ,,     = Stone Steps
           I      = Stone wall

  [1st Floor]

        [Ceiling here is about 10 feet high.]

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

                            Fireplace
                              \I/
        I             _/\______________/\__                     Z
        I            I       \~~~~/       I                     aa
        I   Room A   I         1         @I <Cabinet            bb
        $         -->I     2  *  *       @I                     cc
        I            I    *          *    I <Chairs             dd
        I            I       [====]       I                     ee
        I            I   *   BR       F   I                     ff
        I   Table -->I  ### C   Z N K     I                     gg
        I            I U###               I                     hh
        I            I   *         [=====]I <Couch              ii
        I            I_________/\_________I     I               jj
        I                  I  M  H        /     I    I     I    kk
        I                  I              \_____I    I     I    ll
        I                  I        $$               I     I    mm
        I        \    ___/\I        $$               I     I    nn
        I        /                                   I     I    oo
        I        I                                    [[[..I    pp
        I________I_____________/\_____________________[[[..I    qq

                           Main Door

     R  - Arawn       [ff22]      B  - Ben'dar     [ff21]
     C  - Caladan     [gg20]      H  - Chion       [kk25]
     F  - Fremea      [ff30]      K  - Kiet        [gg28]
     N  - Raban       [gg26]      U  - Unali       [hh15]
     Z  - Z'leyra     [gg24]
     M  - Metal-Man   [kk22] [Last known position]
     $$ - Statue      [mm28-29/nn28-29]
     1  - Bearded Man [bb23]      2  - Other Man   [cc19]

   GM: All Doors currently closed in the room.