[pnpgm] Game Update #67

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 02:57:55 CEST 2008

OOC: Sorry for holding things up guys. I've slept about 9 hours over the last three days. Yaawwnn...
   I'd love to post some RP here but due to time (and a zombie brain) I'll save this for another post, maybe if the group gets a chance to rest.
   By the way, thanks to everyone for their input/feedback on the spell issues, especially with Shadow magic. I know it's going to take some getting used to and I look forward, as a player, toward understanding when and where I can use this magic.
   Arawn graciously accepted the towel offered by Caladan and began to dry himself. Quite a bit drier than the others thanks to the protective clothing he acquired before leaving the Citadel he finished quickly and spent the remaining time studying both the creature and surroundings.
   The construct, if that is what it was, was interesting, though he refrained from studying it mystically lest some sort of defensive reaction occured, whether from it or another source. He wondered as to what metal it was constructed from, whether it was truly made of bronze or of some other, possibly rare, material. It occured to him that it might be possible to deactivate such a thing, a switch or power source as it were. He looked to the eyes and wondered if they could be removed, a possible switch for the creature. Then again, it could very easily not be equipped with one, especially if it were truly alive. Something about held a repellent quality, as if it were made of cold iron, not a metal normally mixed into bronze, yet something inside of him relished the opportunity to test his will and toughen himself to the ancient fey weakness. While others fled from fire he sought it out, attempting to conquer his fear as well as body in an effort to
 master himself.
   After studying it for a bit he turned his attention to the statue, examing it top to bottom as best he could. He had worked with various metals over the years, some quite rare, and tried to identify the metal as well. He looked the statue over, studying it in detail, including the face, belt, stick, orb, and platform, looking for unusual markings that might be a clue of some sort or possibly a language unknown to those present. As he did so he wondered if he might recall further information that could identify the man or reveal more of this place. Finally he studied the wooden base, seeing if it was stationary or if was moveable, perhaps on a hidden rotating platform.
   When this was done he looked up the stairs as far as he could from the foyer floor and then the walls and doors for markings of interest.
   Assuming nothing unusual catches his interest he will then follow Z'leyra and Fremea from the room.