[pnpgm] Delay. Questions to be asked..

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Aug 12 21:15:02 CEST 2008

<Read Amulets on page 31 of original book 4. Since most passive items
are related to amulets its likely that those 'rules' apply. In effect
they tell the GM to put restrictions on item uses as needed to limit
them. Most GMs do not go beyond the 'must be worn and exposed to
function' except for those things which need extra ingredients like
making potions. Some add daily limits if the power is too useful and not
otherwise limited, like making cures by dipping into water. As written
that could be seen as infinite amount of cure potions or it could be
just one? If the potion made has a limited life then its more self
limiting, but most do not say they expire. In the case of the Angelica
Potion, normally it has no 'shelf life' but it is a little more costly
to make. And of course any stored potion can be ruined with ease by
breakage.>

<There may be other related rules in that section. Sadly permanent
magics never was detailed to the level it needed for easy use by the GM
or players. As a result all worlds differ in how the GM regulates such
things. This is literally the Magic Economy of the World and determines
just how common magical items are. In this case our GM has a more
relaxed limit system and thus magic is more common. He limits it in
other ways by use of 'balance', a quite effective method and a warning
to everyone around those with lots of magic. When I have GMed I used a
similar method for those characters who had better 'events' as obviously
that meant the Gods had taken some interest in that person. So the more
powerful the character the more likely some diety had things they wanted
done by them and thus some other dieties may want to prevent it.>