[pnpgm] Game Update #39 - File #151 - Dance party ends

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Apr 18 08:38:02 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  -- J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #39 in sequence (file #151)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          [Raban is faced with a dilemma, he was cautioned that
          transformed wizards could be anywhere, but this snake
          could endanger Kiet or others.So he has little choice but
          to rush over to Kiet and pick him up and set him on the
          table.  Raban to Kiet: "Careful where you step." Raban to
          snake: "My small friend, it is not safe here for you. There
          are too many here who may accidentally step on you and cause
          injury to both." <This would work better if he knew Tonah or
          maybe even Katai, but it serves the point by pointing out
          the snake and apologizing to it in case it is a wizard?>

          <Metagame: Raban should be fast enough to just grab the snake
          if needed but I cannot be sure with PnP rules.>
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar doesn't reply to Novasa, but simply regards the
          Sarghut man with thinly veiled hostility.  Were he on the
          plains, his pike would likely already be drinking this
          enemy's blood.  However, Ben'Dar is in a strange land, among
          strange people.  He will hold his tongue for now.

          He stays with the others, chatting in Zen'dali with Caladan,
          and of course, drinking.  He'll not try to get into trouble,
          but if Novasa gets in his face after he's had a few drinks,
          all bets are off....

          During the course of the evening, he can't help but notice the
          huge Raban.  He wonders briefly about the strange newcomer to
          the party. Obviously of great strength, Raban could be a
          champion warrior, yet he spends his time playing music.
          Ben'Dar wonders what sort of horse would be able to carry
          such a man.  He thinks of the massive draft horses he has
          seen in civilized lands.  Perhaps one could be trained as a
          mount...  Ben'Dar ponders the training that would require.
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea barely having the strength to move and knowing that
          she may not see the next night, reaches to her side, rubbing
          her armor in the process, to grab her bag. In doing so, a
          single word, almost inaudible, escapes her lips. This night
          will not end well, but it will not be her that ends, it will
          be the one who attacked her that will suffer, Fremea thinks
          to herself as something begins to happen to her body.

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time : 5:42pm]
        [Event: Back at Teleport Reception underground room.]

        [Chion and Arawn barter on language trade.  Chion gives Katai
         to Arawn so its up to Chion to decide what he wants.]

        Arawn: "Perhaps. The language of gods is a powerful thing, the
          language of men is a simple thing to learn in comparison. I
          know a few tongues of power, what languages could you offer
          in return?"

                                -------------

        [Time : 8:00pm]
        [Event: Correl's Wedding Dance/party]

        [Arawn continues to mingle in the audience hearing various
         stories and comments about Correl and even some of Chion.
         At one point he heard a fellow named Zing make not so kind
         comments about Chion  Arawn moves on having learned the
         art of court like affairs.  Rumors are only rumors unless
         they are confronted head on.  He has learned in his own
         homeland court to ignore the many rumors and lies.  Its
         just a typical way of court life.  After all how could
         Chion be accused of being a death dealer?  He doesn't seem
         that evil to Arawn.  Mysterious but not evil.  He hears
         mostly good rumors of Correl.  It seems all like him or
         they wouldn't be here clearly.  As Arawn walks around
         though there are no rumors of danger or threats to these
         lands.  There is a small bit of information about some
         minor border incidents with the northern ipanza tribes.
         But the information is lacking and in bits and pieces.
         Arawn occasionally sees the party mostly at their tables
         sitting and chatting.  But Arawn doesn't notice where
         Fremea is.  She must be away on Zhou's favor.]

        [Ben'dar continues to ignore Novasa during the few minutes
         he stays at the table talking to Unali.  Novasa takes
         the snub and ignores Ben'dar.  Ben'dar continues to drink
         lightly and chat with Caladan.  Caladan is also not one
         to like the Sarghut and wonders what he did to be here with
         these people.]

        [Chion leads Correl to the side and introduces him to the
         party members that are free to talk.  Chion translates
         for those who don't speak Katai.]

        Correl: [to Caladan] "Glad to meet you sir."

        Caladan: "I and my friend here " [He points to Ben'dar] "are
          from the Zen'da plains.  I am honored to be in this place.
          Our people hear only stories that go back a long time.
          Much outdated information.  I hope to spread the kind
          nature of this place."

        Correl: "We are a place with no fear to learn magic.  But
          most of our people are isolationist.  This exchange
          of culture will be a benefit to both our people."

        [Correl is introduced to Ben'dar.]

        Correl [to Ben'dar]: "Zen'da I hear are great horse riders.
          I am not a skilled rider but understand the complexity
          of the skill.  Some day some say we'll not need horses.
          using strange flying magical devices or magical wagons
          that can move without horses.  At least if magic grows
          and is improved on. Personally I think the horse is
          a grand animal of nature.  As loyal as a dog, as friendly
          as a companion and as fierce as a fellow warrior."

        [Correl is quickly shown to Unali.]

        Correl: [To Unali] "Novasa has told me your from Katai or
          was it Zhou?  I heard it somewhere.  It is good to see
          a native of the mother land here to see how we live.  I
          do hope one day our people will see eye to eye and agree
          to live as equals.  The people here are Katai through
          and through but still feel like outcasts in a sea of
          ignorance.  I hope you spread our good will to your
          family and the empire."

        [Z'leyra is introduced to Correl.]

        Correl [to Z'leyra]: "A shaman!  Fascinating.  We do not have
          a shaman in the Lands here.  The closest might be Novasa
          but otherwise that is one faith of magic we don't seem
          to have here.  Maybe we can learn from you and some day
          in the future have a Shaman own his or her own Domain here."

        [Correl stays to chit chat with the party for a few minutes
         when someone catches him by the arm and drags him away
         to speak to someone else.]

        [Raban meanwhile is playing his pipe when he sees the black
         snake slithering against the shadows of the night and the
         green grass.  He recalls what Zhou and Chion mentions about
         who could be what and what could be who.  Yet he notices
         the snake seems to be going back and forth as if homing in
         on something.  As Raban is distracted his playing wanes
         a bit as he sees the snake home in on Kiet who doesn't
         see it at all.  Raban drops the pipe gently and runs toward
         Kiet with 6 large strides.  In no time he is upon the small
         acrobat and lifts him from behind.  Kiet begins to wail and
         fling his arms and legs surprised by this new turn of events.
         Suddenly Kiet's world is dizzying as if the ground itself
         is opening up.  Then his stomach churns as he is off the
         ground and being lifted body and all up and up.]

        Raban:  "Careful where you step."

        [Raban speaks it but Kiet doesn't seem to understand the
         worlds only some strange barbarian touching him.  In
         mid-air Kiet screams.]

        Kiet: "What are you doing!  PUT ME DOWN YOU BIG BARBARIAN
          OAF!!!"

        [By now seeing this giant haul up the small acrobat the
         crowd stops dancing and begins to look over.  Lucky for
         both Raban and Kiet don't understand each other or they
         might be more upset than shocked.]

        [The snake continues to fork out its tongue back and forth
         searching and begins to slither up a leg of the table.
         Suddenly 2 guards from the citadel come rushing over to
         stop the fight as they see it.]

        Raban [to snake]: "My small friend, it is not safe here for you.
          There are too many here who may accidentally step on you and
          cause injury to both."

        [One guard grabs a torch and brings it over.  Both see the
         snake and suddenly stop in their tracks a few feet away.
         Kiet brushes off his nice tunic and looks at Raban.  Now
         sitting on his knees Kiet can see Raban eye to eye.]

        Kiet: "At least now we can see eye to eye...you moronic
          barbarian monster...WHAT's YOUR PROBLEM!

        [Kee starts to run over as well seeing that its Raban
         in the middle of trouble.  Suddenly Kiet notices the
         eyes of the guards and Raban and looks down.  He sees
         the snake and backs up by sheer reflex on the table.
         One guard approaches and waves the torch at the snake
         who hisses and follows it.  The snake lowers to the
         ground and both guards stare at the snake for a few
         seconds.  Then suddenly one grabs his scimitar and
         draws it.  Before Raban can lift a finger to stop him
         the guard smashes the snake on the head once and then
         twice.  Raban gets to him about to stop him when Kee
         approaches.]

        Kee: "Wait!"

        [Raban stops and looks at Kee and the dazed snake. The
         guard speaks and Kee translates it.]

        Kee: "Look at its eyes.  All transmutated or changed
          creatures retain the eyes of a human.  This snake
          has pure snake eye slits.  Its not a human wizard."

        [Dazed the other guard grabs the snake by the back and the
         one with the weapon grabs it by neck.  They carefully
         take it away into the darkness.  Then Zhou approaches.]

        Zhou: "A snake inside the citadel is rare!  I am sorry
          if it scared you two."

        [Correl and some of the party break free of the crowd and
         approach Raban.  Kiet and Raban hasn't met Correl yet
         but Correl studies Kiet and the ground.  he then points
         to Kiet's shoulder.  Kiet understands as both speak
         in the Katai tongue.  Kee translates for Raban.]

        Correl: "That brown dust on your shoulder." [He grabs the
          torch from the ground and swings it around.] "Yes there
          must be some down there.  I've seen it before.  Its
          a powder that acts like a snake lure.  Hunters sometimes
          use them.  I suspect young man someone tagged you for some
          fun with the snake."

        Kee: "A poisonous one and deadly from the looks of it."

        [Zhou raises his hands and speaks to the crowd to get back
         to fun and dancing its nothing.  Lucky for the crowd they
         didn't hear Correl's explanation.  Another entertainer comes
         and plays a violin like instrument and hard dancing begins
         again.]

        [Kiet startled gets off the table and looks up at Raban who
         seems glad to see Kiet safe.]

        [Meanwhile outside the east wall in the black darkness of the
         night Fremea runs through possible solutions to her mortal
         wound.  She knows damage wise its not bad.  But the poison
         is fast acting a highly potent and deadly one.  It seems to
         have decreased her entire strength by half in just a couple
         of seconds.  Clearly she wouldn't have time to fly back to
         even the nearest guard tower.  She considers transmutating
         into a rock and hoping to be found later.  Maybe that was
         Corona who killed the creature?  He could tell Z'leyra where
         she is.  But even a fast spell like that could fail and she
         would surely die.  Then her past catches up to her and she
         recalls something.  A word escapes her dry mouth and she
         reaches back to the wound where her armor, bag and weapons
         are.  Then her strength ebbs and her hand falls away.  She
         blacks out and time seems to slow down mentally.  Time seems
         to pass and she isn't sure if its seconds or hours.  Her
         strength is still weak but she feels it no longer lowering.
         She knows her wound is light but it is in the middle of her
         back between her wings.  A hard to reach spot.  She looks over
         at the black body of the small one foot creature.  She raises
         her head and coughs.  Something changed or helped her or it
         was a miracle of the gods.  She sits up and kicks the creature
         with her foot.  Such a deadly creature for a small one.  She
         then notices Corona is sitting nearby staring.  He gives
         a slight croak of acknowledgement.  Fremea stands but her
         knees buckle from the strength drain.  After three attempts
         she stands and lifts off with what little strength that seems
         to remain in her.  She notices Corona grab the dead creature
         and fly behind her.  Fremea flies over the wall and toward
         the lighted field of the party.  Every 20 feet or so she bobs
         or lowers as she pushes her strength to keep in the air.]

        [After what seems like forever she reaches the perimeter of the
         open field and lands. She notices two guards passing her
         with a large black snake and tries to call for them but
         they seem to be too locked on the snake to hear her.  Corona
         drops the creature near Fremea and flies toward Z'leyra.
         Corona warns her about Fremea and Z'leyra, Ben'dar, Chion,
         Unali, Arawn and lastly Raban rush to the weak Faerry.
         Zhou sees this suddenly departure and brings Kee carrying
         a torch.  As the party continues the group gets to Fremea
         and sees her flushed face.  Z'leyra leans down to check
         her back and finds a small wound but easily treatable.  But
         Fremea reports she has been poisoned but it seems to be
         cured.  She is still greatly weak though.  Z'leyra knows
         her satchel is back at the tavern.  Kee offers to fetch the
         satchel and her healing kits.  But Z'leyra seems to ignore
         his request showing a bit of distrust for Kee it seems.  But
         he doesn't show no response to it.  Without bandages and
         other aids she decides to magically heal the wound.  Feeling
         a bit weird without her depeednet healing materials.  Z'leyra
         places her hand on Fremea and casts the spell to heal.  The
         wound completely heals up and heals.  Showing no sign of
         physical damage.]

        [Zhou, Correl and a couple guards examined the burnt lizard
         like creature and Zhou speaks softly to Correl.  Then
         he approaches Fremea.  Kee translates for the party.]

        Zhou: "The creature looks to be a Dirasa.  A very nasty creature.
          They seem to know the whereabouts of sidh from long distances
          and seek them out to destroy them.  Its amazing that your
          still alive.  correl tells me the poison is a fast immediate
          one.  His wound must've not been a poisoned one.  You are
          indeed a lucky person." [He bows and frowns.] "I am sorry
          to have asked you to search the grounds.  If I knew this
          would have happened I'd not have asked you to do so.
          I am sorry for that."

        Correl: "If your alive the poison must've not touched you.
          I hear it can kill most in a minute or two at most.
          This is the first I've seen one up close.  You look
          flushed though are you sure it didn't poison you?"

        [As the party progresses the group rejoins the party.
         By 9pm many start to leave either to the citadel tavern
         or the village inns.  By 10pm the food is cleared and
         only drinks remain.  By 10:30pm the party is down to only
         a dozen or so couples talking in clumps.  Caladan has
         already gone to bed eager to visit the bed he hasn't had
         for the last few months.  Arawn roams around the citadel
         and village but finds it closes up early.  Shops and homes
         are dark as the village sleeps early.  Arawn only finds
         a dozen or so people on the streets or dark areas of the
         village.  The only place that seems to be open is a tavern
         where lumberjacks are drinking.  By 11pm the dance party
         is virtually over as entertainers and dancers leave to
         go to bed.  Ben'dar finds the short party depressing. Not
         quite like his homeland where a party could be all night.
         These weak civilized people don't last long!]

        GM: As I didn't get actions on what is done after the party
            aside from Arawn "roaming" around, we'll move on.

        [Eventually the party finds beds.  Arawn is allowed into the
         manor house and is shown to his room.  Arawn is eager to
         explore but knows that guards are everywhere and likely
         security wards.  Tempting though it is Arawn finds his
         room comfortable.  The manor house is quiet as is the
         citadel tavern.  That night nothing else comes about but
         quiet sleep.]

                    ---------------------------------------

        [Marqi 30, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time: 6am.]

        [The next morning finds the party alerted to a breakfast at
         the tavern which holds a good number of people.  Arawn
         is invited to join the party as well at the tavern.  The
         night was uneventful and resting for many in the party.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Monday...

        GM: Arawn - So don't want to give him your Cern. or Morrigan
            tongues or even Neutral?  As to your emailed actions.
            Not much to go on there per se.  As to roaming the intrigue
            would be found at the party not in the darkness alone. :<

        GM: Schedule -
              Currently  - 6:00am
              Today      - Wedding 8am
              Today      - Wedding Celebration - 10am
              Today      - High Elder Audience - around noon

        GM: All right.  If you guys want to do anything for the morning
            two hours.  Well almost 2 hours (time to dress and get
            seated).  Let me know.  If you don't want to do anything
            in particular let me know that as well "do nothing.".
            I figure the only one might be busy is Raban if he wishes
            to play at the wedding some songs, so practice time.
            Monday I'll go ahead and start and end the wedding.  So
            We'll jump to past 8am.  I may go ahead and move up
            the post-celebration feast.  If so you guys can plan
            time events from 8-10am and really 8-noon.  At noon
            the meeting with the High Elder will go on.  If no one
            has serious "play around town" actions that takes time
            we could do the audience update next friday.  Short
            update but ran out of time on this one.  You can
            still react to actions for the night but with the
            village closing up its a bit limited.