[pnpgm] Game update #38 - File #147 - Fremea is attacked

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Apr 15 07:23:56 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  -- J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #38 in sequence (file #147)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <One small mistake, Raban does not have a horse unless
          someone gave him one? All his gear was on his back etc. >

          <Raban can add little at this time, his role is background.
          He will watch the other entertainers to see if they know
          anything he doesn't and compare skills. If he can get a
          translator he may ask about the women and customs.>
        GM: Ack. Opps.  Yes No horse.  My bad.  I must've been
            tired or rushed.  As you saw it was a fairly big post
            last few updates unlike this one.  :)  Sorry.

                        ------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion's reply to this revelation is a stern look and "It is
          a good thing that you are wise enough to take back the wand
          prior to telling me this good news." without smiling.
        GM: Ack.

                        ------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea doesn't hesitate in casting a spell, causing it to
          stop doing anything right now (sleep touch), as it is already
          on her. (Thinking to herself, how could she be so stupid as
          to not watch out for anything flying around here. She has
          been on the ground far too long recently and not watching
          her back, like she is supposed to know. She will need to
          practice again over the next few weeks to make sure nothing
          like this happens again.)

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time : 5:57pm]
        [Event: Party's Arrival, Verbal Tour]

        [Zhou gives the good news to Chion.]

        Chion: "It is a good thing that you are wise enough to take
          back the wand prior to telling me this good news." [without
          smiling.]

        [Zhou gulps slightly as nervous tension breaks out.

        Zhou: "Like I say it wasn't my joke.  I do hope you take it all
           in good cheer."

                        -----------------------

        [Time : 8:00pm]
        [Event: Correl's Wedding Dance/party]

        [Arawn continues to study the crowd to learn more of the strange
         human customs and behaviors.  He is a bit confused that in
         different places he has varying status.  In Marentia he
         is treated almost as a street thug with his face wrap on.
         In the Vassa forest he was almost treated as he should be,
         a demi-god.  Here they don't care either way who he is or
         where he came from.  He notices the rich seem to stick with
         the rich and the less rich stay with the less rich.  For
         Arawn it seems he's outside both spheres.  He finds it most
         interesting and irritating at the same time.]

        [Ben'dar continues to drink and stare at Novasa who seems
         now interested in Unali.  How would the Sarghut wizard could
         be here.  He knows the Zen'da are Barbarians to most nations
         but even to the Zen'da the sarghut are barbarians and that's
         saying something.  Novasa must've done something in his past
         to earn his right here.]

        [Caldan eats and watches the crowd with Ben'dar.  He spends
         much of the time not dancing but talking to catch up on
         past few months in Marentia with Ben'dar and others.]

        [Unali and Z'leyra are occasionally asked to dance by men of
         more mundane means than the upper crust of this group but
         the men enjoy their company for a few dances.]

        [Chion stares at Zing who glares back with utter contempt.
         Chion smirks and walks past Zing without a word.  Zing
         gives a slight laugh that is barely heard over the music
         and conversation.]

        Zing: "Yes.  Go to your master..." [his voice trails off.]
          "..like always..."

        [Chion walks toward Correl as Zing joins a small group of
         other young people.  Chion can barely hear words like "coward"
         and "had to return for help".  Chion smiles to Correl as
         he hears the slurs of his childhood ex-friend fade into the
         background.  Correl looks over after dismissing a older women.
         He nods to Chion and walks over.  The man with salt and pepper
         hair is in his mid-50s.  Weathered lines from intense study
         and reading show on his eyes and face.  His callused and firm
         hands show he is a working man unlike the bulk of these nobles
         who only lift wine glasses.  Chion knows that Correl is loved
         by man and hated by few.  In these Dark Lands a wizard of Balance
         seems to have the most trust and loyalty.  Chion wears tan and
         brown leather tunic befitting a woodsman or lumberjack.  Not
         quite the formal clothes as most.  But he was out in the field
         just hours before, even the night before his wedding.  Correl
         is one not to change clothes for a silly occasion like this
         when some will overdress and some will underdress.  It all
         balances out he figures.  He wears light green pants that has
         a nice belt and belt pouch full of something.  He shows no sign
         of weapons but Chion always knew he rarely used weapons other
         than a staff or stick.  Correl only stands 5 foot 10 and about
         185 pounds but he looks big due this large shoulders.  He rarely
         wears jewelry or magical items finding them too demanding and
         folks get addicted to them.  Correl smiles at seeing Chion.]

        Correl: 'Chion! This is a surprise!" [He gives Chion a big bear
          hug and then breaks stepping back.] "I was not expecting
          you here.  Someone must've sent for you." [He leans in closer
          to a low voice] "I thought you wouldn't want to come back
          so didn't invite you.  I though that is what you wanted, son?"
          [He looks concerned. He then looks over at Zing in the
          distance talking to other boys.  He raises his voice.] "Zing
          still bothering you I see.  You reacted well.  Good boy."
          [Chion shivers at the word boy.  Chion was always called
          that by Correl.  But now a man Chion feels the term a bit
          unworthy if not irritating.  But Correl has always been
          more a father than most others in this land.  Chion knows
          its just how Correl acts and talks.] "Come!  Meet my bride."

        [Correl grabs Chion's arm and drags him into the crowd.  As
         he goes he hears Zing mutter something about "..gained some
         weight as well." Then some laughter follow.  After stopping
         and saying hello to a few Correl finally turns a bend
         and both men come up to a small female with her back to them.
         She turns from talking to another female and Chion is stunned
         by the clean face and features.  Zhing Yew must be in her
         late 30s, by Katai standards quite the old maid.  But her
         vivid green eyes, flowing black hair and face make up for the
         fact she only stands 4' 11 and can't weigh but 120 pounds
         at most.  Its hard to tell from her flowing green and silver
         dress.  Zhing bows to Chion.]

        Correl: "Chion this is Zhing Yew, Cousin to Count Culdo and
          distance cousin to Baron Beudo."

        [Chion recalls the names vaguely from the northern domains he
         seems to recall.  A long historical family line from Katai
         that is known for its mining operations if he recalls. ]

        Zhing: 'Glad to meet you, Chion.  I've heard so much about
          you from Correl.  He tells me your his most skilled
          apprentice he has ever had.  He called you his natural
          world wizard soaking up great amount of skills and powers."

        [Suddenly two women come by and grab Zhing away to go
         and show her to some other females.  Correl turns to
         Chion for some sign of approval or comment.]

        Correl: "Soon before you left on your great trip I meet her
          when her husband was killed by a forest beast.  She
          was so sad she wouldn't leave her house for weeks on end.
          Her sister asked for me to deliver some herbs and spices
          since I was collecting some so I did so.  After that
          we got to know each other in time." [Correl watches Chion's
          eyes and face for any sign of response and quickly changes
          the subject.] "I hear we have visitors in the citadel from
          far south. Are these your friends?  If so care to introduce
          me to them?  I would like to meet your friends."

        [Meanwhile Raban continues to play his mandolin or pipe
         During breaks he rests at a table with the short non-Katai
         man he met as Kiet.  For a short while Kee had to translate
         Marentian into Katai as Raban doesn't know Katai.  But
         sometimes gestures can convey your meaning.  The acrobat
         entertainer known as Kiet seems to occasionally stare at
         the tall giant Raban with awe.  Raban towers of everyone
         in the entire audience as most never reach 6 foot and he
         has a good 2 foot height difference.  For that reason Raban
         feels better to perform from the ground rather than a raised
         stage.  Raban know she clearly stands out in such a crowd
         as this as he seems to have also a good 200 or more pounds
         weight advantage on all but a few of the guards on the perimeter.
         Raban occasionally breaks and dances with a cute girl or two
         who are obviously swooned by his handsome tall features.  To
         others its like a giant dancing with a dwarf.   But Raban
         doesn't seem to care.  But now near 8pm Raban is playing his
         pipe in beat to a drummer who is following Raban's song.
         Though Raban thinks he is following the drummer.  To his
         left about 10 feet away Kiet is leaning over the table grabbing
         a cookie while talking to a servant in front of him.  While
         the lighting is low the magical orbs behind Raban seems to
         give enough light that one can pick up mushrooms in the ground
         in at a good distance.  As Raban is finishing his song he
         notices something black in the grass slithering toward and
         behind Kiet.  Raban figures it to be a snake.  As Raban stares
         to get a better look he sees the snake to be a good 4 foot snake
         coal black with a red splotch on its neck.  It quietly slithers
         toward Kiet under the table where Kiet can't hear or see it.
         It could reach Kiet within seconds if that is where the snake
         is going toward.]

        [Meanwhile Fremea is attacked on the east wall in the darkness.
         The guards looking out see nothing in the darkness as she
         is in the middle section.  Most times they use magical light
         poles to scan the forest but they don't want to scare the
         party goers tonight by making it look like the citadel should
         be protected.  Even on a regular night the light scan is just
         a security precaution started by the High Elder's chief of
         security forces.  One never knows when a giant or beast might
         appear to endanger the citadel.  Fremea tumbles right and
         left trying to shake off the odd creature on her back. She
         curses to herself that she wasn't looking or didn't sense
         the creature.  She was concentrating on the wall and ground
         area solely.  She plans to cast a spell but knows that to
         do so one must hover or land to remain motionless.  In that
         split few seconds it could be dangerous.]

        [Fremea in that couple of seconds trying to rock back and
         forth she tries to hover in place to cast her spell.  But
         in those few critical seconds it takes to stop the creature
         clenches its claws in deeper tearing flesh for 1 more points
         of damage.  Its fangs sink into Fremea's upper back and she
         suddenly fells something entering her body.  She immediately
         recognizes the pain and sensation as poison.  The pain of
         her physical body breaks the spell casting concentration.
         Fremea tumbles toward the wall falling slightly down and lands
         onto the ground.  Both Fremea and creature tumble a few
         feet in the grass.]

        [As Fremea tumbles the creature by reflex releases its grip and
         tumbles 3 feet away from Fremea.  Fremea feels the poison
         soaking into every muscle and she feels greatly weak.  She
         fears this favor for the Katai may lead to her death.  What
         irony to live this long and survive slavery only to die here
         in the darkness in some strange land.]

        [Fremea tries to grab her dagger but her strength ebbs from
         the intense poison. She raises it as the creature she now
         sees is only 1 foot in length.  Tiny creature for such
         a danger thing.  The Creature stands on its hind legs and
         flaps its wings as poison drips from its fangs. It hisses
         at Fremea sees a bolt of red energy from the skies it seems
         hit the creature and it bursts into flames.  She then
         hears the flap of wings as Fremea face sinks into the grass
         weak from her attack as her strength ebbs....]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Friday..

        GM: Wow.  I wasn't expect this attack on Fremea to be so
            devastating.  Fremea consider your actions carefully.

        GM: Schedule -
              Currently  - 8:00pm
              Currently  - Dance/Feast/Celebration/Reception -
              Tomorrow   - Wedding 8am
              Tomorrow   - Wedding Celebration - 10am
              Tomorrow   - High Elder Audience - around noon

        GM: Assuming Fremea lives through this.  I would like to
            know what each of you do for the rest of the night
            from 8-bedtime.  I can then move onto the morning
            events (wedding and such) or at least prepare for
            them once the above is resolved. :)  Due to the
            last Friday's update going out Saturday (late) this
            update is very short.  If you've not read the last
            update do so as its lengthy. :)