[pnpgm] Game Update #36

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 03:11:50 CEST 2008

   In regards to trading languages with Chion Arawn will accept the trade of Elf Sidh for Katai. If Chion decides he wants to try for Supernatural Languages and can think of how he wants to broach the topic just let me know and we'll go from there.

   Arawn maintained his composure as Zhou and Kee reacted to his introduction. As they make their offers and speculations Arawn smiles modestly as he replied to their various questions.

 - Zhou: "I know of your parents? This is indeed a great honor!"
          [Zhou and Kee whisper quietly and seem to argue over some
          details.] "Excuse me.  I am not sure of the protocol of
          someone of your status here.  I will have to consult others.
          But if I suspect the custom you may be introduced first
          to the High Elder and Court."

  Arawn: "Thank you but please I ask for no special treatment but I am honored for the consideration."

    Arawn was aware of Chion's reaction and wondered what it was that made him grin. He did not wish to upstage the wizard on his return trip home but felt good that Chion could find some humor in the situation. Still, he was curious but he kept his thoughts to himself and maintained his focus on Zhou and Kee as they continued.

        Kee: "Are there any special things you will need while here
          at your stay?  I am sure the High Elder will request you
          to stay in the manor tonight and not the inn.  I will
          make the arrangements if its all right with you."

Arawn: "No, I do not believe I am in need of anything at the moment but thank you for offering. As for the manor, I do not wish to impose or be an inconvenience but if the High Elder decides that he would wish my presence at his manor then I humbly accept."

   Arawn waited until Zhou and Kee were not looking to steal a glance to the party. He did not mean to be treated exclusively in regards to the others but he knew that asking for permission for them to stay at the manor would be in poor taste under the current situation. It would put pressure on Zhou to ask while the others were around. Perhaps later on, if he met with the High Elder, he may be able to procure them a place at the manor.

   As they continued on their brief tour Arawn took in everything Zhou had to say, pondering them for a moment before filing them away for later thought. As Zhou went over the issue with past Elves Arawn replied,

   "Thank you for the insight. I do not think that situation will be a problem with me. I have always held different views from most of my kin and always look for an opportunity to learn, grow, and understand others. I can only hope others will share or respect my beliefs."

   When it is discovered that Chion is the one to be wed Arawn cannot help but be aware of Chion's reaction. Apparently it is as much a surprise to him as it is to the others. While the others do their best to avoid laughing aloud or outright teasing the wizard Arawn's face remains relaxed. He was aware of the political nature of arranged marriages but was never a fan of them. The Sidh are an impulsive people, ruled by their passions and lusts, and though Arawn shared this quality in many ways he was also very different from his brethren. He did not believe in marriage but was nevertheless a hopeless romantic. To him love was the greatest of all things but until he found one to give his heart to he held no desire to be with a partner. All he wished was to be free, even in love, and to him marriage was an abhorant thing, sad in the invisible chains which bound people together and robbed them of their freedom, whether that freedom was given away willingly
 or not.
   Whatever he felt he did not choose to impose it upon others. Let them decide and learn themselves, free to make their decisions. But in Chion's case the marriage seemed to fit into Arawn's thinking as it appeared to be an upleasant surprise for the eastern wizard.

   During the tour Arawn will take some time to keep an eye out for a library or any other place where he can begin studies on the information found on the scroll discovered in witches cabin as well as look for house symbols in an effort to identify the symbol at the bottom of the parchment. With events going on tonight he will likely not have time for a real search but will make a note to himself to go there when time permits if such a place is found or inquire as to whether there is such a place nearby. (The parchement is update 65 in adventure 3)

http://mail.yahoo.com