[pnpgm] Game Update #35

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 03:01:09 CEST 2008

   Arawn had spent his life in court, albeit one rife with immortal affairs, and he knew enough to understand that protocol was a varied thing. Still, he knew enough to understand that, most of the time, there were certain actions and behaviours worth applying in an unknown situation. Keeping to this he calmly replied back in a modest tone in regards to Zhou's questions.

   "Thank you, it is my honor to be here," he nodded, lowering his head courteously. "I am Arawn, son of Morrigan and Payan of the Courts of the Sidh and True Sidh in the higher realms and their voice and hand among the druids of their faith."

   As they journey along Arawn makes a mental note of any significant things, starting with using Memorization on the rune-covered wall. As Zhou leads them around he asks,

   "The wall in the room where we entered, it bears many interesting marks, some of which I recognize while there are others I do not. If I may inquire, what meaning do they hold?"

   Later on, before they exit the building, Arawn asks,

   "You mentioned that other elves had been here before but rarely stayed due to conflicts. I am unsure as to the nature of the conflict but is this anything that I may need to concern myself with?"
   When they finally arrive outside and Zhou asks if there are any further questions Arawn makes a general inquiry, stating what he has already learned, and attempt to gain a further understanding of their customs in an effort to further learn their etiquette. At the very least he asks Zhou for any physical acts (bowing, hand gestures, etc.) that are deemed rude or, on the other end, signs of respect as well as how to properly address someone.

   Afterwards he will take a map and guide book and take a guided tour around the town and Citadel before exploring it on his own. He will keep an eye out for anything of interest and magics being used in the area. He will fully explore all 4 wards as well as the Citadel if time permits.

   In regards to the wedding and dance, Arawn will attend these if it comes up in the next post. He will dance and participate accordingly.

   During this time, if Chion has not yet allowed him access to learning the language (as I haven't gotten a response yet) Arawn will ask Zhou for permission to learn the tongue through magic. If this is allowed then Arawn will cast Tongues to learn the language permanently.

   During this time Arawn will have his face unwrapped. Despite his concerns in regards to his mysterious appearance in the middle-world he thinks that, if anywhere in the realm of mortals, he may be safe from prying eyes here. Indeed, he may have an opportunity for insight into this here, where supposedly the greatest living mortal mage is said to exist.