[pnpgm] Game update #84 - File #341 - Fun with Bohusara

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Oct 23 09:06:41 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #84 in sequence (file #341)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re:Actions]
          Ben'Dar nods thoughtfully at Farseeker's comment.  He glances
          back at Arawn, "Is this true?  Does the sound of horse speech
          distract on the battlefield and in other situations?  If so,
          perhaps a magic device that would allow me to speak to horses
          only when needed would be better.  I think Z'leyra mentioned
          that she could make such a device, but she has not had a
          chance to look into it."

          Ben'Dar will ponder the matter and during a quiet moment ask
          Z'leyra about it.  "Do you speak to horses with magic or do
          you know the language?  Does the chatter of the tongues of
          horses, eagles, and other creatures not distract you in battle?"
        GM: Ack.

                ---------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn listened quietly as Farseeker and Ben'dar spoke. He could
          understand the concerns of the warrior but to him it would just
          be another voice on the battlefield, no more of a distraction
          than any other, but he realized that he was raised very
          differently than these mortals. To ones such as they it could
          possibly be disorienting and take time to grow accustomed to.
          When Ben'dar spoke he took a moment to think over his answer
          before replying.

          "I cannot say how distracting such speech would be for you. I
          was raised with the sounds of battle in my ears and the voice
          of an animal is no different than the voice of another man on
          the battlefield, whether an innocent, friend or foe. It just
          takes some time to get used to it. As for finding yourself
          distracted, I'm assuming that most horses a warrior such as
          yourself would ride into combat would be battle-trained
          warhorses and used to the rigors of the battle-field. I would
          not assume that they would be skittish or flighty and in Tef'wo's
          case I'm guessing that he is far more than your average
          warhorse." Arawn smiled as he said this, his eyes drifting
          over to the magnificent steed before drifting once again to
          the seasoned plains warrior.

          "Ultimately though it is your call, though, in my opinion, it
          would not be so much a hinderance as it would be a potential
          benefit and serve to facilitate a greater bond between you and
          Tef'wo. If it does not please you however then perhaps we may
          find some other way to facilitate this without causing undue
          concern, maybe with Z'leyra's help as was suggested by Farseeker.

          Regardless of the decision I would be happy to help you with
          any information you seek from Tef'wo, his collar and this Varo."
          Arawn paused after he said this and an odd look came over his
          face before he continued.

          "Let me know if you wish me to speak with Tef'wo but as to the
          other two items I have a few questions. The collar, what, if
          anything, have you discovered in regards to it? Has anyone
          attempted to divine, through magic, it's powers? Has anyone
          asked Tef'wo about it?

          And for this Varo, you say she is a goddess? I have spent my
          entire life dwelling amidst the gods and I have never heard of
          a such an entity. Though it may be possible that she is some
          obscure or forgotten deity I have to wonder as to this Varo's
          true nature? Is there anything else you can tell me about her?"

          As Arawn made his way back to camp he could see the odd looks
          and smirks crossing the others faces. He was still cold and wet
          from  his early morning swim and no doubt they were either
          finding his dripping form humorous or had caught sight of him
          naked as he swam. Either way it did not bother him and when Thig
          jested with him he couldn't help but grin in return.

          "I was just checking things out at the bottom of the lake. I
          wanted to be sure that there was nothing else down there that
          could be of concern." As he sat down by the fire he began to
          take off the wet clothing and layed it out to dry.

          "I didn't find anything of interest and all seems well, though
          I have to admit it was only a very quick reconnaisance."

          As the group pondered decisions on where each of them would
          travel Arawn thought over the input given by the others and
          considered his other plans and how it would work in the
          timeline he had mentally plotted.

          "Chion, when were you planning on teleporting everyone to
          Marentia? I would definitely like to help you by transmuting
          the horses but my magics are severely depleted right now and it
          could take me some time to regain my strength. I was planning
          on performing some rites on the night of the winter solstice
          but will do what i can if you wish to teleport everyone before
          or by then. If you can hold a few days it should take me about
          a week to fully recover all my magic starting from tomorrow.
          If you are in a hurry though I have a few ideas to speed things
          up. Just let me know how much time I have to prepare before
          everyone leaves.

          As for my staying, I do wish to explore Marentia as I think the
          idea of seeing new places an exciting one," a fire seemed to
          burn in his eyes when he said this,"but I feel there may be more
          to investigate here before we leave. I wish to delve deeper into
          the happenings at the cabin ruins in hopes of uncovering
          knowledge lost to us by peering into the past, a grueling and
          time-consuming process, and I also wished to see to the needs of
          the Sidh here before I leave the area.

          I do not know how long it will take, perhaps a month or so but
          I was wondering, Chion, if you would be willing to come back
          for me after a month or so and teleport me to Marentia? If
          this is too much of an inconvenience though I do understand
          and will either plan for passage to reach the rest of you in
          Marentia in time to prepare for the next expedition or else
          simply leave with the group for Marentia if it may prove
          difficult to reunite. Let me know what you decide on this and,
          as I mentioned before, I am willing to pay for your services
          if you so desire."

          When he is done listening to the groups replies he makes his
          way toward Z'leyra to discuss a few things.

          "I was wondering, Z'leyra, as the group may be in a hurry and
          you seem quite adept at bringing out the magical properties
          inherent in things, if you may be willing to help me with
          something should the group need to leave quickly. I would save
          it as a last resort but if need be would you be willing to
          enchant my spittle? Enchanted it could power my magics enough
          to alter the forms of all the horses. Beyond that I have
          rethought my decision to delve deeply into the Claw. I still
          wish to examine it but I do not think it would be wise for me
          to bond with it. I tried to do so with one of the serpent-
          staffs and found myself overwhelmed. I had garnered more
          information when bonding with the serpent-crown, though
          whether this was due to it's nature or some luck on my part
          I do not know but I think that you are right in being wary
          about linking with it. Although I will be backing out of
          bonding with it, unless divinations prove favorable for doing
          so, I still wish to perform some rites on it during the
          solstice in hopes of uncovering more about it's past, powers
          and with whom or what it is connected to."

          OOC: If anyone asks for further details Arawn is hoping to
          cast Akashic on the cabin in hopes of uncovering information
          but since this could take a while he will only do so if he is
          left in the Vassa woods for a while. The same thing goes for
          attempting to speak with the dead (he has no plans on slowing
          the party down right now and would only ask questions after
          the Akashic spell and some deliberation).

          If someone is willing to come back for him at a later date, or
          if the journey to Marentia can be done via caravan or through
          a relatively safe area, he will stay in the Vassa woods for at
          least a month. He definitely would like to continue with the
          group, whether to Katai or elsewhere, and makes it clear he
          is happy to help them in any way they need, all they need do
          is ask. I just need to hear back as to whether anyone is willing
          to do this or if any caravans move through here/or I can travel
          relatively safely alone to Marentia (Scott, I'm guessing you'll
          have to let me know if the NPC's know anything about this)

          When he hears Bohusara speak of a ritual to replace a Green
          Lady he looks up, surprised, and asks Bohusara,

          "A ritual? I didn't realize that one was needed. I do not wish
          to seem rude but I am curious. I had never thought how a Green
          Lady is bound to her wood. I guess I had assumed that they
          simply came into existence within the forest and were bonded
          automatically but hearing this makes me wonder. If a rite is
          needed then it is possible for multiple Green Ladies to exist
          within the same stretch of forest and only one of them is truly
          bonded to the wood? Or does the ritual summon a Green Lady from
          Cernunnos's court?"

          OOC: I hadn't realized that the gold was already figured out
          based on selling the items. As a new player I didn't know if it
          would have been alright to ask for the wand and the two
          talismans. I would like them as they would prove to be very
          useful to Arawn but if this is going to eat into everyones gold
          then I'm okay with just 'buying' them back, purchasing them
          with my share of the gold. Let me know what you all decide but
          if it matters my item choices, in order, are:
            1 Talisman MEL9/EL5, Negation/Protection vs Light Creatures
              (nice one for me as I have elvish light vulnerability)
            1 Wand MEL10/EL4, 24 inches, No magical power
            1 Talisman MEL7/EL5, Summoning ability
          Scott, as I mentioned, if my going for these items is going to
          throw everything off just let me know how much gold it would
          cost me to purchase them and then I can just subtract the cost
          from my share of the gold, up to what I can afford.
        GM: Ack.

                ---------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion smirks and says, "Well, first of all, I can help you with
          the transformation of the horses. I know the spell too. And in
          reality teleporting this way suits me fine. But don't tell
          Farseeker (winking in his direction) or I will be moving whole
          armies. As for picking you up, I am going to be working on
          something for that soon. Until then it would be no problem to
          pre-arange a meeting. I am usually punctual. And no payment is
          necessary if I can call you friend." Still smirking he adds,
          "May I?"
        GM: Ack.

                ---------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Grinning in return the tall alfar replied, "Of course, so long
          as I can say the same to you. And don't worry, Farseeker won't
          hear a thing." Relaxing a bit, now that he knows that need not
          worry being left behind, he asked, "If you don't mind my asking,
          you said that you are working on something, what did you have
          in mind?"
        GM: Ack.

                ---------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will lend her Watchful Sleep brooch to Arawn,
          explaining how it works.

          [Basically helps recover 7 mana and also heals 7 hp...warning
          that it does count as magical healing and may be dangerous if
          already magically healed within the previous 24 hours. It also
          helps the user stay aware of the surroundings while sleeping.]

          She will cast Watchful Sleep on herself at EL1 each night while
          the brooch is on loan.

          To Ben'Dar she says "How distracting are the horses...not bad...
          think of a bunch of kids...one learns to ignore the non-important
          stuff. If you want I think I can cast the spell that may allow
          you to permanently learn Horse Tongue, but it IS a very expensive
          spell in that it takes a LOT of magic and worse, the spell is
          likely to not work for most people most of the time. I can cast
          it...but only those who are sure in themselves or sensitive to
          the feelings and emotions of others will have more than a small
          chance of gaining a language from the spell.

          <email sent to Scott re spells if Ben'Dar proceeds.>

          If Ben'Dar wants her to do a Perception spell on the necklace
          Tef'wo wears she will first ask permission of Tef'wo then if
          given, she will Cast OS EL0, Purification w staff EL2  then
          Perception EL2.

          To Thig, Z'leyra will bow saying <in Tongue of the Faerry Sidh>
          "It has been been an honor and a pleasure to adventure with you.
          I hope to have the privilege of enjoying your company again in
          the future. May your travels have meaning and your life be fun.
          I wish you well."
        gM: Ack.

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia, 44th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Lake Oca/Deep Forest]
          [Weather -  Overcast, 49 Degrees]

          [Time    -  Just after sunrise]

          [After Arawn does his shape changing swim in the cold lake
           he returns to camp...]

          [Arawn walks quickly to the fire in his damp clothes and
           warms by the fire hoping he doesn't catch a cold.  Water
           drips from his pointed ears and sizzles into the hot fire
           as he leans closer inward.  Arawn can't help but notice
           the smirks and grins on the faces of the party.  He
           then realizes likely he was seen swimming naked.  He
           then recalls what his friend said of the mortals down
           here.  They have a thing about "sex" and nudity.  Common
           men and women make it some serious big issue.  Up in
           the upper world its a bit more ritualistic only and
           tends to serve little purpose for gods.  Silly mortals
           and their "love fests" as his friend called it.  He
           glances at Z'leyra didn't she mention something about
           massages one day?  Could she be one of those hired
           females for sex? Strange customs.  Thig jokes to Arawn
           and Arawn grins back.]

          Arawn: "I was just checking things out at the bottom of the
            lake. I wanted to be sure that there was nothing else down
            there that could be of concern."

          [As he sat down by the fire he began to take off the wet
           clothing and laid it out to dry.  The others look at
           Arawn strip and exchange glances.  Farseeker and Trembyl
           look at each other and shrug.  Guessing the Elf is used
           to this stuff the party gives him room and seems to keep
           eyes off him for more reasons than privacy.]

          [Bohusara glances over her shoulder and stops talking to
           one Vassa on his comment.  She frowns and then shrugs
           and turns back to talk once more.  Not used to being
           underestimated or checked on she ignores the comment.]

          Arawn: "I didn't find anything of interest and all seems well,
            though I have to admit it was only a very quick
            reconnaissance."

                        ------------------

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia]
          [Time    -  7:49am]

          [As party ends breakfast...]

          [Bohusara explains a ritual to replace a Green Lady.]

          Arawn: "A ritual? I didn't realize that one was needed. I do
            not wish to seem rude but I am curious. I had never thought
            how a Green Lady is bound to her wood. I guess I had assumed
            that they simply came into existence within the forest and
            were bonded automatically but hearing this makes me wonder.
            If a rite is needed then is is possible for multiple Green
            Ladies to exist within the same stretch of forest and only
            one of them is truly bonded to the wood? Or does the ritual
            summon a Green Lady from Cernunnos's court?"

          [Bohusara suddenly looks nervous a sign no one has seen
           up to this point.  Maybe she has spoken too much.  She
           glances around and eyes everyone especially the Vassa.
           With a quiet voice she speaks.]

          Bohusara: "I can answer there will only be one Green Lady
            to a forest.  The Wild forest is huge maybe 5 times bigger
            than this one I hear but it only has one.  As to how they
            come about only three people know that secret in this
            forest.  It is a ritual I can not discuss I'm afraid.
            Even with you.  No offense intended.  If folks knew
            how to do it the ritual could be bent for bad purposes."

          [Arawn quickly thinks.  Three people.  It doesn't take
           brains to figure out one is herself.  One must be
           Miklav though does every forest have a Forestal?  The
           third is maybe Strie'bog?  Or would she risk even telling
           him the secret?  Maybe the Arch Druid himself?]

                        ------------------

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia]
          [Time    - 11:07am- - Party rides westward...]

          [Farseeker warns Ben'dar about the talking to horses and
           distractions..]

          [Ben'dar listens and glances back at Arawn.]

          Ben'dar: "Is this true?  Does the sound of horse speech distract
            on the battlefield and in other situations?  If so, perhaps a
            magic device that would allow me to speak to horses only when
            needed would be better.  I think Z'leyra mentioned that she
            could make such a device, but she has not had a chance to
            look into it."

          [Arawn listens to both warriors discuss distractions and
           ponders the mortal ways.]

          Arawn: "I cannot say how distracting such speech would be for
            you. I was raised with the sounds of battle in my ears and
            the voice of an animal is no different than the voice of
            another man on the battlefield, whether an innocent, friend
            or foe. It just takes some time to get used to it. As for
            finding yourself distracted, I'm assuming that most horses a
            warrior such as yourself would ride into combat would be
            battle-trained warhorses and used to the rigors of the
            battle-field. I would not assume that they would be skittish
            or flighty and in Tef'wo's case I'm guessing that he is far
            more than your average warhorse."

          [Arawn smiled as he said this, his eyes drifting over to the
           magnificent steed before drifting once again to the seasoned
           plains warrior.

          Arawn: "Ultimately though it is your call, though, in my
            opinion, it would not be so much a hindrance as it would be
            a potential benefit and serve to facilitate a greater bond
            between you and Tef'wo. If it does not please you however
            then perhaps we may find some other way to facilitate this
            without causing undue concern, maybe with Z'leyra's help as
            was suggested by Farseeker. Regardless of the decision I would
            be happy to help you with any information you seek from Tef'wo,
            his collar and this Varo."

          [Arawn paused after he said this and an odd look came over his
           face before he continued.]

          Arawn: "Let me know if you wish me to speak with Tef'wo but as
            to the other two items I have a few questions. The collar,
            what, if anything, have you discovered in regards to it? Has
            anyone attempted to divine, through magic, it's powers? Has
            anyone asked Tef'wo about it? And for this Varo, you say she
            is a goddess? I have spent my entire life dwelling amidst the
            gods and I have never heard of a such an entity. Though it may
            be possible that she is some obscure or forgotten deity I have
            to wonder as to this Varo's true nature? Is there anything
            else you can tell me about her?"

          Farseeker: "Ben'dar think of it this way.  Ever see a cat?  They
            are very emotional creatures.  Sometimes they can be scary
            staring at things not seen for hours.  Other times they can
            be nice and cuddle.  Other times they can be hostile and
            bite your finger off.  Would you want to hear a cat whine
            all day about lack of mouse or not being scratched enough
            or things he can see but you can't? I'd go nuts.  Same
            with a ranch full of horses.  You'd be riding one horse
            and the other horses might whine about their training or
            food or combing or something odd.  I'm one that sometimes
            nature should be as it is.  If the gods wanted us to hear
            all the creatures I think they would and I think if they
            did we'd all go insane. But that's me."

          Trembyl: "Arawn does make a good point about battle trained
            horses.  Most would be quiet in battle.  But even a trained
            fighter screams once hurt."

                                     --------

          [Thig makes his farewell speech of staying here after
           the above id talked about.  Z'leyra approaches.  She
           gives a bow and speaks in the Faerry tongue.]

          Z'leyra: "It has been an honor and a pleasure to adventure
            with you. I hope to have the privilege of enjoying your
            company again in the future. May your travels have meaning
            and your life be fun. I wish you well."

          [Thig nods in agreement.  He is already so low to the ground
           a Faerry bow looks silly.  He smiles.]

          Thig: "Thank you.  I know you knew Varange in the past.  I
            could call for him to replace me in the party?" [He grins
            and looks at Farseeker knowing how much Farseker despised
            Varange and that Farseeker can't understand the words.
            Of course he wish Farseeker would know the Faerry tongue
            just to tease him.]

                        ------------------

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia]
          [Time    -  1:12pm- - Party rides westward...]

          [Arawn considers all his plans for the future and puts in
           his own views.]

          Arawn: "Chion, when were you planning on teleporting everyone
[...]

          [Chion smirks back at Arawn.]

          Chion: "Well, first of all, I can help you with the
            transformation of the horses. I know the spell too. And in
            reality teleporting this way suits me fine. But don't tell
            Farseeker" (winking in his direction) "or I will be moving
            whole armies. As for picking you up, I am going to be working
            on something for that soon. Until then it would be no problem
            to pre-arrange a meeting. I am usually punctual. And no payment
            is necessary if I can call you friend." [Still smirking he
            adds,] "May I?"

          [Grinning in return the tall Alfar replied.]

          Arawn:  "Of course, so long as I can say the same to you. And
            don't worry, Farseeker won't hear a thing." [Relaxing a bit,
            now that he knows that need not worry being left behind, he
            asked,] "If you don't mind my asking, you said that you are
            working on something, what did you have in mind?"

          [Trembyl looks surprised.]

          Trembyl: "You know that spell as well?  Impressive.  One
             could travel the world with an entire storehouse in
             a bag if one was skilled enough with that spell."

          Chion [with a cocky smirk] : "I know many spells which
            I never have cast around my friends."

          GM: I don't care what you guys do during the In-Between time.
              I will give the info on this in a week or two.  I have
              to settle things here first action wise.  But once it
              is given you guys can work up the details then (not now
              on the actual actions but general outlines in your mind
              are ok :)).  Keep in mind though a month without the
              horses to sell will cut in the "present" treasure amounts
              if folks use that gold to buy things.  Arawn can stay
              as long as he wants in the forest.  No big deal to me.
              But in the end its up to Chion.  The In between time
              is the Free form part of the campaign.  Do what you want.
              All right.  With chion's help the horses can be done
              since he can handle a lot of mana.  As to when
              to pick you up Arawn wait for the In-between schedule
              and you guys can pick a date.

                                ------------

          [Arawn approaches Z'leyra and talks over a few things.]

          Arawn: "I was wondering, Z'leyra, as the group may be in a
            hurry and you seem quite adept at bringing out the magical
            properties cnherent in things, if you may be willing to help
[...]

          GM: Casting magics on it huh?  Fun.  But casting spells
              would drain that needed mana.  But up to you guys. :)
              Glad Cetric is only a teleport away to resurrect
              any dead folks from bad spell failures. :)Doing the
              Akasha spell is fine if you do stop. the in between
              time will have plenty of time to do that (month+).
              Details soon.  As to staying in forest a month.
              That's fine as well if Chion gets you.  Otherwise
              you'd have heard by now stories of taking a month
              to get here by horse.  It would be dangerous
              crossing the Humagi plains, less so on the Zen'da
              plains if someone gave you their pass.  But the
              Humagi encounters would be more risky.

                        ------------------

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia]
          [Time    -  3:41pm]
          [Location - Vassa Village]

          [Bohusara guides the party to the Vassa village in the
           forest.  It is a village of only 18 hamlets with maybe
           50 people.  To the party they are simple people.  They
           are preparing for a long winter by building up supplies
           and food.  Some of the village men are out hunting.
           Bohusara explains this is the village that had the
           men who encountered the Humagi who took her.  That
           party was killed by the Humagi.  Bohusara is clearly
           emotional when she quietly spends time with the elders
           and widows.  The party stands back as they quietly
           talk among themselves.  Its clear Bohusara is grateful
           for their sacrifice.  Tears are shed on both sides.
           Bohusara spends a good hour in the village with them.
           Helping them out and talking.  Its clear to the party
           she has gone into her guardian and motherly rule to
           the Vassa people.

           Chion, Arawn, Thig and Z'leyra especially watch in
           awe her work her simple eloquence.  Clearly the
           widows are in pain but she seems to suspend it
           for a short time and cheer them up.  No magic
           is worked or it seems no supernatural power is
           used just plain soothing talk and charisma.

           She promises to have Mertz send a couple of druids
           and other Vassa to supplement the tribe with supplies
           and any thing lost in the battle.  She also
           says she will be back after the Solstice celebration
           to help with more things.

           Bohusara knows time is short and she has to get back
           so only spends about an hour in the village.  She
           mounts up and guides the party back into the forest.
           She seems sad for the next hour or two.]

          [The tough hard nosed Farseeker sees her sad and speaks
           quietly to her.]

          Farseeker: "I've had folks die along with me and
            under my command.  Friends who served with me for
            many years.  I've had friends rescue me and die
            trying.  We can hole that pain inside here." [He
            taps his chest over his heart] "but it will eat
            away at us.  We must use the sacrifice to build
            our will and our strength for a better cause.
            You have clearly done that here.  They knew what
            they were going into when they tried to save you.
            Aside from their own family they knew your
            importance.  I'm sure they would not have done
            it lightly and they did it willingly."

          [Bohusara wipes a tear and gives a half hearted smile.]

          Bohusara: "You are right.  But its never easy.  I
            couldn't even save my own husband.  Sometimes
            I feel with my great power so useless.  I'm glad
            the widows are not upset with me.  When they
            learned of the details they were proud of their
            fallen husbands.  Life is harsh I know this. It
            seems life is a balance.  I lost my husband
            and so have they.  They realize this and understand
            that things are out of our control sometimes."

                        ------------------

         [Decalis 17th, 108th day since left Marentia]
          [Time    -  7:03pm]
          [Location - Some 32 miles west of Lake Oca]

          [As the sun sets and camp is made Ben'dar approaches
           Z'leyra for another chat.]

          Ben'dar: "Do you speak to horses with magic or do you know the
            language?  Does the chatter of the tongues of horses, eagles,
            and other creatures not distract you in battle?"

          Z'leyra: "How distracting are the horses...not bad...think of
            a bunch of kids...one learns to ignore the non- important
            stuff. If you want I think I can cast the spell that may
            allow you to permanently learn Horse Tongue, but it IS a
            very expensive spell in that it takes a LOT of magic and
            worse, the spell is likely to not work for most people most
            of the time. I can cast it...but only those who are sure in
            themselves or sensitive to the feelings and emotions of
            others will have more than a small chance of gaining a
            language from the spell."

          [Ben'dar considers his options.  A bond between a horse
           and rider is very special akin to wife and husband or
           father and son in the Zen'da world.  Riders talk and
           communicate with their mounts through signals and
           brief commands.  Both seem to work together through
           instinct and training.  If he can fully talk and know
           what Tef'wo knows would it be good or bad?  Would Tef'wo
           want to complain or talk for hours on end?]

          [Later Arawn approaches Ben'dar and asks about the
           collar around Tef'wo.  Z'leyra hears the conversation
           and all 3 walk toward the horse.  Arawn can definitely
           sense magic from it but is unsure of its power or
           what it does.  As Arawn approaches to take the collar
           off Tef'wo shakes his head and stomps a foot.  He
           then backs away.  Arawn steps away.  Z'leyra speaks
           in horse and tries to calm him down.  Ben'dar tries
           to come close and take the collar off but Tef'wo
           neighs.  Z'leyra explains Tef'wo said "No! No Learn
           now." All three look at each other.  Its clear that
           Tef'wo refuses to have the item inspected.  Z'leyra
           looks up at Corona and his tiny collar.  Z'leyra
           tried a few months earlier to inspect the collar
           and it went almost the same way.  Clearly Tef'wo
           has a problem with learning details of the collar.
           Aside from the transmutation to the cabin he has
           never taken the collar off.  Tef'wo snorts and
           stares with his black eyes at Ben'dar pleading.
           But the power of Tef'wo seems to roll off the horse
           and his will is respected for now.  All three back
           off as Ben'dar pats the horse and comforts him.
           The horse nudges up against Ben'dar.  Ben'dar
           stares back at Arawn and wonders what mystery this
           collar will tell someday.  Maybe when Tef'wo is
           ready and willing.  As with a family dog in Marentia
           pets are important.  But to a Zen'da rider a horse
           is not just an ordinary pet.  He is family.  He
           should be respected.  For now Ben'dar abides by
           his wishes.]

          GM: You can push the idea if you guys want but
              its clear Tef'wo wants privacy for now.

          [As the night grows on the party spends time relaxing
           and talking.  Without the pressure of the Lake
           situation the tension fades.  Strie'bog and Z'leyra
           entertain the party with dancing, music and singing.]

          [At one point Arawn asks if there are ways to gain
           magical strength quickly.]

          Bohusara: "There is a spell I have called mana sending.
            But it needs a bond to work.  I don't think we
            count for a bond yet.  The Alectorius stone gives
            some mana back a day I believe.  But that's all I
            can recall."

          [Z'leyra offers Arawn her magical Watchful sleep brooch.]

          [Eventually the cold makes the party sleep good and
           well that night.  As Bohusara warned no trouble
           comes that night.  The forest around them seems to
           be a protective covering.]

                   -------------------------------------

         [Decalis 18th, 109th day since left Marentia, 45th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - 35 miles west of Lake Oca]
          [Weather -  Overcast, 45 Degrees]

          [Unali wakes up and checks her wounds.  All but a minor
           scab remains.  Another day and she should be fully
           healed.]

          [Strie'bog gets a healing from Bohusara and is now
           fully healed.]

          GM: Strie'bog is a very busy man.  I had hoped he'd
              get free time.  But probably won't till next
              month when college breaks come in.  So I'll
              turn Strie'bog into a NPC for now and run him
              as I'd figure he'd want to be run for now.
              This adventure centered around him but can't
              help life getting in the way :)  Not his fault.

          [The party breaks camp and continues the ride west.
           All day the temperature seems to stay about 51
           degrees with a high of only about 58.  The
           skies clear and all clouds leave the skies.  No
           adverse weather effects today.  No encounters of
           any kind.]

          [Camp again is made at night and the party is once
           again entertained by stories, music and dance.]

                   -------------------------------------

         [Decalis 19th, 110th day since left Marentia, 46th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - 59 miles west of Lake Oca]

          [Unali wakes up fully healed today.]

          [Again the party breaks camp after breakfast.  The
           temperature seems to decline a few degrees.  It
           seems to stay 56 degrees all day.  Clouds roll it
           but doesn't make it overcast.  Shortly after 11am
           a quick hail storm rains down.  Ice balls from the
           clouds but not right for snow or rain.  As quickly
           as it comes it ends in a minute or two.  The size
           of the stones seem to only be marble sized.]

          [The party continues westward toward the Sacred Forest.
           For the last 2 days morale increases.  Strie'bog
           enjoys time with his mother and vice versa.  The
           party gets to know Arawn better.  Close friends say
           good bye to a long friend in Thig.  Bohusara tells
           stories of the forest and the Vassa.  She even
           shares stories of her husband and his teachings of
           the Dawanist Life.  Strie'bog shows the prized book
           with that title to the party and its teachings.
           Both speak proudly of the faith and of how many
           folks he surely must've converted over the years.]

          [That night Bohusara stands by the fire before folks
           go to sleep.]

          Bohusara: "Tomorrow we enter back into the Sacred Forest.
            With my duties I will be helping the Druids and Miklav
            prepare for the festivals.  I will have little time
            to spend with each of you.  I again thank you for
            helping me and my family in the forest.  As well as
            helping my son.  This group here is destined for some
            greater purpose.  I've seen Adventurers come and go
            as far west as Caldo and as far south as Marentia
            before come and go in the forest.  Many don't
            make it through the Wilds.  Just the fact that you
            came here unhurt is a miracle of the gods." [She
            smiles] "Maybe it was just good magic." [She pauses
            and makes eye contact with everyone.]

            "Arawn you will find happiness in this world I'm sure.
            One day you will regain some of your memories and
            shall return home.  Your kind live long but your
            parents live even longer.  Ben'dar the bond between
            you and Tef'wo will only grow.  To the other horses
            around here they will never grow as strong or as
            powerful as Tef'wo.  That I can sense.  Your skill
            with him is clearly great.  Chion, for such a large
            man you are a quiet one.  Isn't that how it always
            seems to be?  Cuddly like a bear cub.  Your magic
            I sense is without limit and potential.  Even now
            the Protectors envy you and your power.  You should
            hear the whispers I hear." [She winks] "Farseeker,
            even your name suggests a wandering soul.  Always
            seeking far off lands.  your skill as a fighter is
            clearly great but your hear is stronger.  Never
            let that be forgotten.  Thig, I'm glad you will be
            with us for some time.  It is always good to know
            more Faerry.  I wish to learn more of the homeland
            of our kind and this Wild Forest the Druids speak of.
            Trembyl, your humor is one that I have enjoyed this
            trip.  You never seem to be depressed.  Keep this
            in mind when life gets you down. Unali, dear Unali.
            You are a person out of place in this world. A
            female who works in a man's world.  Yet you drive
            yourself to prove yourself when you clearly do not
            need to do so.  Your skilled as good if not as better
            than most men are." [Farseeker and Ben'dar nod
            in agreement.] "Your strength is your will and it
            will always serve you in life to improve the life
            of women you meet.  Xian, we have talked of your
            dreams and your regrets.  I feel you will fill your
            dreams and lose your regrets.  Don't seek out the
            ills of this world but the good in everything.
            Z'leyra, like Unali your a woman in a world of men.
            As a shaman and healer your fighting a uphill battle
            to prove yourself in both areas.  I understand you
            wish to build a school in Marentia.  The Vassa do
            not deal with gold so I can't help there.  But
            I suspect your school will be operational soon if
            you dedicate yourself to it.  As your healing skills
            improve with your magical power never look beyond
            the need for power balanced with wisdom.  With
            great power comes great risks.  Look at me being
            kidnapped.  I give this warning only in hopes that
            you slow down your growth for your own sake.  I've
            seen druids who strive for power and go mad.  We've
            had to banish a few to only turn against us."

            [She begins to speak in a language then shifts to
             two more languages.  Some recognize the words
             from the tongue of the wood as well as Faerry,
             Sidh and Vassa lastly.  In each she blesses the
             party good travel and good fortune. ]

            Bohusara: "Before you rush off stay for a few days
              and enjoy yourselves.  The rituals and solstice
              celebration tends to never be seen by outsiders
              aside from the Vassa.  So it is a rare event
              we have visitors to see it.  I'm sure even
              you will want to share the events you see.  This
              is fine.  We hold no secrets in the rituals.  As
              long as you keep the stories in respect to the
              Vassa's privacy."

            [With that the party heads for tents and bedrolls
             for the night's rest.  Bohusara takes to the sky
             with Corona and both sit high in the canopy watching
             the stars for some time as below the fire shrinks
             in the cold air...]

          GM: The Vassa returned before the party ventured into
              the village above.  So it was just the party and
              Bohusara.  A minor FYI.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          GM: Skill Point Table [Next 5 days till end of Adventure]
              [Decalis 18-22]

                 Player      Skill          Points Earned   Recorded Now
              Ben'dar       Scimitar            10              Yes
              Farseeker     Vassa Tongue        10              Yes
              Xian          Disguise Artist      5              Yes
              Trembyl       Fighting Dagger     10              Yes
              Thig          Axe                 10              Yes
              Arawn         Smuggler             5              Yes
              Z'leyra       Horsemanship         6              Yes
              Z'leyra       Forest Survival      4              Yes
              Chion         Horsemanship        10              Yes
              Strie'bog       ---Unknown---     ??              No
              Unali           ---Unknown---     ??              No

              GM: If none listed for Strie'bog and Unali will
                  go with old skill sections (see timeline link).
              GM: Deadline for above is 11/1/07.

              GM: Chion +1 Horsemanship EL

                     ---------------------------

            GM: Travel Plans [Assumptions]

                 Player         Travel to
                Ben'dar   *     Marentia, Maren, Ranch
                Chion     *     Zen'da Plains, Caladan's Village
                Farseeker *     Marentia, Sivas
                Thig      *     Pavassa Forest, Vassa
                Trembyl   *     Marentia, Sivas
                Unali     *     Marentia, Sivas/Maren
                Xian      *     Marentia, Sivas
                Z'leyra   *     Marentia, Sivas
                Arawn     *     Stay in Forest then return to Marentia
                Strie'bog       Marentia? Vassa?

                * - Confirmed.

              Options are 1) Stay in forest 2) Zen'da
                          3) Marentia       4) Other

                     ---------------------------

            GM: I regret having to send the email about the gold.
                Mistakes are bad.  Sorry.  I know its 1/10th
                the original amount listed but its still a good
                anount for a 4 month period.  As far as wages
                like Magicians getting 4 GC/month that's a good
                amount for 4 months.  So only 55 Gold.  :<

                     ---------------------------

            GM: I will add the following items to Arawn's sheet
                since no one seems to deny the claim.
              1) 1 Wand MEL10/EL4, 24 inches, No magical power
              2) 1 Talisman MEL7/EL5, Summoning ability
                Arawn doesn't claim the Protection talisman.
              Arawn I'll figure out the prices above and let
              you know in a day or so.

                     ---------------------------

            GM: I haven't figured out Mana status at this point.
                I will do so before next update on Friday.

                Decalis 17-19 - Z'leyra casts Watchful Sleep nightly.

                No other spells cast by anyone at this point.  So
                that'll be good resting period.  If you wish to
                cast spells in the time 17-19th let me know
                by Friday please.

                Friday, the party will enter the Sacred forest.
                I'll do the things during the celebration (some
                actions from Arawn for example).  Looks like
                these events for the celebration will last
                Friday and Monday.  If all goes well Monday
                will be the ending post for the Adventure.  We
                can then move on and I'll announce the in between
                time period and other info.