[pnpgm] Game update #79 - File #313 - Bohusara forms a plan

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 02:22:04 CEST 2007

As purifying magics coursed through him sensation once again returned to Arawn's body including, unfortunately, the pain of the multitude of snake bites covering his face and neck. As he wearily pulled himself up he heard a chuckle off to his side and turned to find Ben'dar grinning at him.

   "Good to see you are ok, Arawn.  You gave me a suprise back there."  He chuckles, "Had
I known you wanted to be eaten by snakes, I could have chopped you
up into little peices first to make their meal easier!"
   Smiling back at the horseman Arawn laughed,
   "Yeah, sure,  you do that, and we can make elf jerkey with what's left over. Mmmm, yummy."
   Shaking his head he continued to smile and added,
   "Thanks for your help. Too bad about the snake crown though, the snakes seemed innocent enough and there could have been more to learn but I understand why you did what you did."

   Reaching for his waterskin he propped himself up against a tree. The poison had been neutralized but his body was still recovering and he knew enough to allow it the chance to do so while there was a moment of quiet. Taking a swig he went over the vision he received, sharing it with the others. It was an odd vision and it could prove to have some useful insights but right now it was still a mystery and now wasn't the time to go over the vision as the lake needed to be dealt with first. Deciding to bring the images up again later he thought about the crown and the poor snakes attached to it. The loss of the serpent crown was an unfortunate thing but he felt there would be other, similiar, opportunites soon enough. Closing his eyes he said a prayer for the spirits of the dead snakes. Others might worry that they could be corrupted spawn of Kototh but Arawn felt otherwise and hoped that they would find peace before once again returning to the world.
   Opening his eyes he saw Z'leyra standing in front of him, ointment in hand. Smiling he waved away her offer and pulled out a carefully wrapped bundle. Upon being unwrapped it turned out to hold various herbs, ointments and bandages. Taking out one of the containers Arawn began to tend to himself and listened as plans were formed to purify the lake. As he finished up he caught sight of Bohusara making her way towards him.

   "Arawn if your still in contact with your parents can you pray to them to give us a blessing and help?"
   A distant look came into Arawn's eyes and he gazed off into the distance. A strange shadow once again passed over his face and he sighed.
   "There is much I could say about that but now is not the time." He looked up and added, "I will do what I can and pray for their assistance in this endeavor."

   Getting up rather unsteadily he began to gather his things while continuing to listen to Bohusara's ideas and after all his gear had been looked over piped in.

   "You mentioned that legend spoke of a nymph that once dwelt within the lake. If this is true perhaps her spirit still lingers here. It may be worthwhile to commune with the waters of the lake or, at the very least, attempt call forth a spirit of the lake, an undine or nixie perhaps. The water or the spirit may have insight to guide us.
   Also you mentioned a deep spring feeding this lake. Perhaps we could start by examining the spring. The corruption could be centered around there and we may be able to end this by destroying it at the source. Even if the spring is still clean we may be able to center the purification there. With the waters shooting forth from there and filling the lake we can possibly speed up recovery by focusing the magics where the water begins to fill the lake. Perhaps, if we use the stones such as the hyacinthus, we could place it at the springs location to facilitate pushing the cure outwards, into the surrounding water."

   As the final preparations were made Arawn secluded himself from the group and made his way to an area between wood and water. He was wise enough to stay within ear and eyeshot of the others however, just in case there proved to be trouble. Stripping off his stained gear he cleansed himself with some of the water left in his waterskin and then put on clean cloth over which he placed the grey and red robes of a druid.
   He moved to the shore and knelt in the dirt, between the mystical border of land and water. His arrival in this place had been sudden and unforseen and he wondered if his parents could sense him still for he felt disconnected at times. Still, there were the occasional feelings that had crept over him, even during the bonding with the crown. He wondered if here, so close to a sacred forest, he may be able to reach out and gain hold of the attention of his mother and father, however tenuously. There were ties between the Sidh and Court of Life and his father held some special alliance with forces such as Cernunnos as well. Perhaps this would help initiate communion in the great Vassa woods. Centering himself he began to pray.

Got a little couch potato?