[pnpgm] Game update #45 - File #197 - Plans continue to be made

Robert Maxwell bioram at langate.gsu.edu
Mon May 21 21:37:49 CEST 2007

Sorry for the delay, but a family emergency came up.  The only internet connection I had was a very old dial up, then a cross country trip in a Uhaul with my partner and a sick dog.  I'm just glad to be back home.

Strie'bog will make sure his mother's presence is in this place.  As he is in the forest, he will use the spell Woodsage (forest powers at EL 1) to determine the health of his mother.  He will then use Forest Speak to ask the forest what other traps have been laid by the enemy magic users (just on the off chance that they may know.

Depending upon answers:
If mother's health is ok, "The forest says she is fine, so let us wait until the best time to attack."  Though he tries to sound reasonable, all can sense that he is seething with anger and wants to return his mother quickly.

If his mother's health is indeterminate through the woodsage spell or it appears to be failing, "We need to move as soon as possible."

If through forest speak he can learn the placements of traps, he will say, "there are more traps."  He will explain locations the best he can, and then say, "if it would take too much to disarm them, there may be another way.  Though I am loathed to ask for it.  The animals of this place depend upon my mother, just as the trees do.  I can ask the forest if it will come to my mother's aid, and clear a path for us.  I will ask this of the forest and its creatures only as a last resort."

If he has to, he will use his forest speak ability to try to convense animals to help in the rescue of his mother.

Hope this helps, and that I got all the posts during my absence right.