[pnpgm] Game update #32 - File #148 - Party enters Sacred Forest

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sat Mar 31 07:27:46 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 232 in sequence (file #148)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions[
          Assuming that people are still paralyzed after he is mobile
          Arawn will then cast Neutralize Poison on the others to remove
          the paralysis. Also he will offer to cast Detect for poison on
          the mans belongings and then Neutralize any that are there as
          well.

          As for the herbs, Arawn wouldn't mind a dose or two of the
          Balim to carry around.

          If Strie'bog is still out when Arawn comes to he will make
          his way across the clearing to kneel beside the Bard, looking
          to the others once he is on the ground.

          "I will do what I can for him."

          Arawn looks him over for a moment and then lays a hand on
          Strie'bogs forehead. Closing his eyes his brow furrows in
          concentration...
        GM: Ack.  Thanks exactly what I was looking for in terms of
          helping Strie'bog.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar says 'Yes' to Arawn's poison scan.

          He will gather up all the unclaimed treasure that appears to
          be of good quality (ie could be sold at a market) and loads
          it up on the four captured horses.

          He says, "We should burn all these bodies before they start
          rotting and poisoning this area of the forest."  If the party
          agrees, he'll begin gathering wood to build up the fire, then
          he'll help throw the bodies (after they've been looted, of
          course) onto the blaze.

        From Arawn: [Re: More actions]
          Before Ben'dar begins to gather firewood Arawn speaks up.

          "I'm not sure if that would be a good idea right now. It's
           the middle of the night and we are in a forest. Besides the
           worry of a forest fire the smoke and light may attract
           unwanted attention. I suggest leaving the bodies here for
           scavengers. I can detect poison before we leave and deal
           with what we find so as to avoid tainting anything here.

           For now I think it might be best for us to simply relocate
           camp some distance away, preferably somwhere sheltered. I
           can scout out a location if everyone is alright with that."

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          After being healed by Arwan, Strie'bog extends his hand to the
          druid. "Thank you brother for helping me.  My concern for
          Bodyzar distracted me from concentrating on the healing spell."
          He then turns and holds Bodyzar.  "We have been together for
          so long;  he's like family."

          At the boarder of the sacred forest, Strie'bog stops.  "Most
          of you may not be able to see where the forest changes.  Wait
          here."  He then calls out in the Tounge of the Forest (Forest
          Speak) to what appears to be an old tree.  "Hail Uncle!  I
          have come home to find my mother and take council with Mikhal.
          I bear only love for the forest, and love for life.  My heart
          is filled with the joy of Cernunnos for the life I see around
          me.  I ask for permission to enter this sacred heart of the
          world."

          After he is given permission, he will enter, then turn to
          address the group.

          "Remember, this is a place of life and peace." Turning to the
           forest, Strie'bog says, "I have come with friends.  Hear their
           words and know their hearts!" "He will then address each in
           turn, starting with Arwan: "Do you come with harmful intent,
           to either steal or injure the forest or its creatures?"  He
           will wait for an answer, then "Give to the forest your heart,
           give to it a burden that it may be lifted from you.  You do
           not have to speak it aloud as the ancient trees will hear
           your heart.  But if you wish to be truly free, speak and gain
           strength from your friends and the forest. Then enter friend."

           This will be repeated for each person.

           Will have to wait to see what is happening in the forest, but
           will warmly greet friends and family (including the Forestal).
           A very fond hello to mother.  (If I remember, didn't Strie'bog
           take something as treasure to be used as a gift?  If so, he
           will give this to his mother).

           Strie'bog replies, "No Ben'Dar.  Within the forest we do not
           burn the bodies of the dead.  It can be done in a larger
           clearing, but there is too much danger for the fire spreading
           here."  Looking at the other, "there are ways of building
           fires that will not threaten the forest, but it will take
           time.  Normally we bury the dead, for the earth is soft in
           most areas.  This also takes time.  I suggest that we cover
           the bodies.  The carion eaters will finish with the bodies in
           due course, so the goblins will feed the forest."

           He will then offer prayers for the dead.

           "Save your energies brother.  We do not know what awaits us.
           This forest will quickly dispose of the dead."

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest]
          [Time: Around 4:05am.]

          [Time the Shaman's body is inspected -]

           [Unali takes the small bag of Cayenne for her self.  She
            has an eye on the mistletoe as well unless someone else
            claims it for their part.  Arawn also claims 2 doses
            of the Balim for himself.]
           GM: As the person who killed the shaman Unali is entitled
             to it all but she is good enough to allow others to
             choose their share.

          [After everyone is free by Z'leyra's magic - ]

          [Arawn notices Strie'bog is still down and the four horses.
           But the horses can wait.  He crosses the camp toward
           Strie'bog and examines him.  He knows the others including
           Thig, Xian and Z'leyra have checked him but to be safe
           he does the same.  He finds his muscles free of movement
           unlike the others so he is not   he finds the eyes rolled
           back, an indication of coma as Z'leyra says.  Strie'bog
           speaks outloud to those around him.]

          Strie'bog: "I will do what I can for him."

          [Strie'bog lands his right hand onto Strie'bog's head
           and the other on his chest.  He begins to speak in
           a tongue only Strie'bog might know.  He then casts
           some magical words winding the words into a magical
           spell.  His right hand glows yellow and magical energy
           spreads from his hand into Strie'bog's head and then
           quickly into his chest and legs.  Arawn's brow furrows
           in concentration as the spell ends.  Arawn lifts his
           hand and waits.  A second later Strie'bog's eyes blink
           open.  Z'leyra gives him some water to drink and then
           both help the Bard up to sit up.  Strie'bog looks to
           Z'leyra for thanks but she nods to Arawn.  Strie'bog
           extends his hand to the Druid.]

          Strie'bog: "Thank you brother for helping me.  My concern for
            Bodyzar distracted me from concentrating on the healing
            spell."

          [Bodyzar leaps up and begins to nudge his head into Strie'bog's
           shoulder and whimpers now a mischievous greeting.  Strie'bog
           then turns and holds Bodyzar.]

         Strie'bog: "We have been together for so long;  he's like
           family."

         Thig: "No need to explain.  I miss my dogs.   Its not
           common for Faerry to own dogs.  But I've had them since
           they were pups."

         Xian: "We are glad your back."

         [The survivors at the end - Unali, Z'leyra, Thig and Chion -
          explain to the rest what exactly went on to catch up the
          others who missed it.]

         [As this talk is given to catch up folks Ben'dar collects
          up the treasure from the goblins and piles them into
          one place.]

         Thig: "Remember we won't be able to sell them in a market
           for a long time.  But maybe they can be bartered for
           some items we need."

         [The frogs and toads are heard fleeing away from the camp
          as they wait from the mist and merge with the forest night.
          The party is still confused how frogs can even be found
          and summoned this time of year.  But Z'leyra is the only
          one to know the true calling of a Shaman's tonah tie.
          As she ponders this she knows she herself hasn't used this
          tonah connection in quite some time.]

         [As the bodies of the goblins are gathered on the south
          side of the camp.]

         Ben'dar: "We should burn all these bodies before they start
            rotting and poisoning this area of the forest."

         Arawn: "I'm not sure if that would be a good idea right now.
            It's the middle of the night and we are in a forest. Besides
            the worry of a forest fire the smoke and light may attract
            unwanted attention. I suggest leaving the bodies here for
            scavengers. I can detect poison before we leave and deal
            with what we find so as to avoid tainting anything here.

            For now I think it might be best for us to simply relocate
            camp some distance away, preferably somewhere sheltered. I
            can scout out a location if everyone is alright with that."

         Farseeker: "Its almost sunrise in about two or three hours.
            By the time we find a new camp it will be light and time
            to go.  We might as well stay here."

         Strie'bog: "No Ben'Dar.  Within the forest we do not burn the
            bodies of the dead.  It can be done in a larger clearing,
            but there is too much danger for the fire spreading here."
            [Looking at the other,] "there are ways of building fires that
            will not threaten the forest, but it will take time.
            Normally we bury the dead, for the earth is soft in most
            areas.  This also takes time.  I suggest that we cover the
            bodies.  The carion eaters will finish with the bodies in
            due course, so the goblins will feed the forest."

         [Strie'bog then does some hand gestures and speaks a few words
          of bardic prayers for the dead.]

         [Arawn offers a spell to deal with the bodies.]
         Strie'bog: "Save your energies brother.  We do not know what
           awaits us. This forest will quickly dispose of the dead."

         Thig: "Burial would take time.  This amount of dead would take
           hours and most of the day.  Especially with only one shovel
           in our group.."

         Trembyl: "The Shaman may still exude poison.  The goblins
           would not.  I would not like animals to die eating the
           foul shaman.  But then again some animals die from eating
           poisoned plants and animals all the time."

         [Strie'bog explains he can prevent that problem.  But first
          he turns his attention to the horses.  He grabs his bag
          and pulls out a plant from his bag and walks to the horses.
          He grabs a torch and lights it in the fire and lays it
          on dirt so it doesn't go out or cause fire in the grass.]

         [He knows Z'leyra is tapped out or she would have done the
          horses as the people.  She did free two horses after all.
          But now he can help.  He knows he isn't as powerful as
          z'leyra in he dispell spell itself.  But with the help
          of other things like this root he can level the playing
          field.  Z'leyra leans down and both quietly talk and
          exchange another item to help.  He begins to speak in
          a tongue no one knows.  As he does this he takes a piece
          of root from the plant he has and places it over the torch
          and it begins to burn.  The smoke spreads and will boost
          his dispell strength.  He then touches the first horse and
          speaks the words for dispell.  Since he has the spell to
          dispell Kototh magic he doesn't have to worry about MDV
          doubling.  The first horse immediately begins to move and
          flail its legs in success.  Tef'wo nods his head and neighs
          to the horse.]

         [As the smoke is still there he begins again on the second
          and the spell frees that horse as well.  Farseeker, Xian
          and Ben'dar helps to get the first horse to its legs.
          On the third horse the spell fails.  Arawn frowns but
          places the last of the root onto the torch and waits for
          the smoke to spread near him.  He then begins again and
          this time the horse flails about.  Moving quickly before
          the smoke ends he goes to the fourth and casts the spell
          again and that horse is free from the paralysis.  Arawn
          frowns that he had to use his root he found just a few
          days earlier.  But then again its almost pure luck or
          other divine intervention he found that root.  Otherwise
          the horses might be paralyzed for most of the day.]

         [Now all the horses are up at this point.   By now its
          about 4:15am.  Arawn then explains he can detect for
          poison itself using the basic detection spell most
          magic users have.

         [Arawn walks to the group of weapons in a pile the goblins
          were using.  Included in the pile are the foot, water and
          the goblin armor the Elite Goblin wore.  He piles them
          closer together and then speaks detection spell words.
          Assuming the spell succeeds he detects nothing from this
          pile of loot.  But he doesn't know if the spell worked
          or not.  He hopes so.  He then goes to the group of
          items the shaman has and casts the spell on those items.
          He waves his hands over the items and expects to find
          something.  Within a half second the spell directs him
          to the arrows.  The separated arrows he passes over
          slowly and it detects poison from 4 of the arrows.  But
          the axe he detects nothing.  So only 4 of the arrows
          were poisoned.]

         Farseeker: "If the axe wasn't poisoned that means you won't
           need to detect poison in Ben'dar. Strie'bog as he was
           hit by a goblin weapon, Unali hit by the axe and Z'leyra
           by a goblin weapon.  Great.  That leaves just me and
           Trembyl hit by arrows to detect for.  Go for it."

          [Arawn turns to Trembyl who nods permission as well to
           be scanned.  Unali happy not to be scanned as its a bit
           intrusive continues to stare at the dead shaman.]

          [Ben'dar is also happy not to be scanned.  He goes over
           to Tef'wo.  Magic cast on him gives him the creeps
           even those healing spells.  But he is getting used to it.]

          [Arawn casts the detect poison onto Farseeker and frowns.
           He detects poison where the wound was and healed.]

          [Seeing the frown Farseeker frowns.]
          Farseeker: "I wasn't going to say it but I do feel weak
            even though Z'leyra healed my physical wounds.  Can
            you do something?"

          [Arawn nods and says he can cast another spell to try to
           get rid of it.  He speaks the words.   He then casts
           another detection spell and scans the wound.  He grins
           and Farseeker gives a sigh of relief.]
          Farseeker: "Thanks."

          [Arawn then scans Trembyl for the poison.  Being still
           wounded and with 2 arrows hitting him he fears the
           worst.  But the first scan reveals nothing.  Not so
           confident that the spell didn't fail he casts it again
           and still can't find anything.  He tells Trembyl though
           if he gets weak to notify him or Z'leyra immediately.]

          Trembyl: "Well I'm weak now.  But that's physical.  Energy
            wise?  I feel fine but will let you know."

          [Time: Around 4:30am.]

          [Now that the party is fully awake and the sun is going to
           be up in about 2 hours the party is unsure its good to
           sleep or not.  The only ones to feel sleepy is Z'leyra,
           Xian and Arawn.]

          [Arawn knows the Shaman exudes poison.  He walks to the
           body.  Unali still cowled, watches both intently.
           Arawn glances at Unali but respects her beliefs.
           He glances at the party.  If Thig knew this he might
           get upset as might Strie'bog.  The party clearly has
           no respect for this man who tried to kill them and almost
           got away with it.  Arawn watches the party go about their
           business and talk.  He was surprised earlier when Strie'bog
           offered prayers for the goblins.  But the goblins were
           likely just pawns controlled by this man.  Though they
           are vile creatures that likely hurt the forest the
           man did his prayers.  Arawn shakes his head.  The more
           he learns from these humans the more surprised he gets.
           But then again just a few days ago he was invited into
           this group with open arms.  The group used to a Elf already
           they don't seem to worry about Arawn.  But maybe they
           would if they knew what he was thinking.  Maybe one day
           he will meet this Jordi person.  Arawn being a druid finds
           Kotothi creatures foul much less his Elf side.  Especially
           this one he should've died and feels nothing bad about that.
           This one must have killed many a ancient tree with his
           foul magics.  He glances back at the party and back at
           the dead shaman.  He begins to quietly speak the words of
           the detection spell.  He nods when he finds poison over
           various parts of the shaman's skin as Thig suspected.
           But his clothing the leathers is clean.  Now for the hard
           part.  If it weren't for the aniamls of the forest who
           would surely die or suffer from this poison he would not
           be doing this.  He hopes the forest understands this.
           With a sigh he places a hand on the Shaman's leather
           pants leg.  Unali continues to stare at the two.  She
           is unsure what the Elf is doing.  But Jordi acted odd
           at times as well.  She does not react when Arawn casts
           more magical words.  He then removes his hand and
           casts another detection spell.  The spell reveals the
           Shaman has no more poison on his skin.  Hopefully that
           will be it.  Since he is dead he shouldn't produce more.
           Touching a Kotothi shaman feels so dirty Arawn feels
           like burning his fingers to get rid of the stench.  He
           walks back to the party without saying a word to Unali.
           Unali is unsure what Arawn just did but the man is still
           dead so that'll work.]

          [Time: Around 5:02am.]

          [As the party spends about an hour talking about the
           bodies, shaman and event's of the night Unali stands
           from her position and comes to Z'leyra.  She asks
           Z'leyra for a second healing fearing no risk.  Z'leyra
           checks the bandages and finds no recent bleeding but
           recalls she is low on Mana.  So Arawn is Unali's second
           choice.  Arawn is happy to help and casts a healing
           magic spell.  Z'leyra watches with interest as the
           color of the blue energy is different from hers.  The
           wound on Unali heals by little over 50%.  Z'leyra
           estimates the moderate damage is now a minor wound.]

          [Unali then stands near Ben'dar and speaks to him.]

          Unali: "Ben'dar, to get acquainted with the simple dagger
             will most likely take two years of training. I am not
             sure if your quick mind could deal with the hardship of
             so long a training to become a dagger wielder. If you can
             spare the time we might take up the training when we
             return to Maren of course."

          Farseeker: "What do we do with him?"
          [Farseeker points to the one goblin still alive but
           paralyzed.]

          Thig: "If we leave in a couple hours we could just leave
            him here and he'll be free in a matter of hours.  We'll
            be long gone by then.  He would see all his pals dead
            and may want to flee the forest and spread the word
            that fighting humans is not wise."

          [For those sleepy they may snooze a bit around the campfire
           as the party warms up talking.  Everyone is leery about
           sleeping now as more folks may be out there.  A search
           was done but no others were found.  But just in case
           its best to be aware and alert.  Soon an hour passes then
           another.]

          [Time: 6:35am]

          [Finally the eastern sky grows gray and blue and then
           orange as the sun raises through the thick forest.  Birds
           and day animals begin to stir and sing.]

          [Soon the camp is broken down.  Strie'bog explains today
           or tomorrow they should surely be at the sacred forest.
           Either way its good to be away from the dead.  A quick
           breakfast is cooked and eaten.  Then camp is broken down.
           If the folks hadn't been free from the spells the party
           would surely be around for most of the day.  A waste
           of a day wouldn't be good.  With Strie'bog it could be
           weeks that's even worse.  But the party was able to stop
           those magics.  The party soon leaves camp as the first
           rays of the day shine through the forest.]

          [The temperature at sunrise is in the low 50s but in
           the distance the clouds begin to roll in.  By 10am
           the party notices snow begins to fall in faint amounts
           into the forest from high dark clouds.  The party
           gather up clothing around them for warmth and continue.
           The snowfall is light and not enough to be a paint to
           movement.]

          [After noon the snow has stopped and will soon melt
           in the late afternoon or evaporate.  But this time
           Strie'bog takes the lead and scans the forest for
           any signs or clues.  He knows the sacred forest can
           expand and shrink from season to season.  As the
           forest itself does.  He knows some of this is the power
           of the magics and the inhabitants within.  He knows
           the sacred forest can be as big as 20 miles wide or
           as small as 2 miles.  There is no definite border that
           is one solid distance from the center.  It can vary
           as wildly as forest mushroom groves.]

          [Strie'bog recalls when he was invited many years ago.
           This was soon after Boyzdar was found.  He smiles
           of the fond memories.  The day was a great day for
           his parents as well.  It is sad though that most
           of the Vassa themselves may never enter the sacred
           forest itself.  Not many DO get invited in.  Those
           Vassa who are lost or wounded may be though.  It
           tends to seek out those people.  In some rare times
           it has been known the Sacred Forest (with the big S
           Strie'bog thinks) has invited folks without others
           knowing.  The magic of the place is as mysterious
           as life itself.  He recalls the story of the Vassa
           female chased by human travelers intent on rape.
           The four men were lost but found the young girl and
           attempted to have some fun before she fled.  The
           chase it was said to last over an hour with the men
           not getting tired knowing what reward they would have
           with the young girl.  But the forest itself somehow
           detected this threat to the girl.  Without warning
           the forest invited the girl and as she ran across the
           border she found herself in a glade that wasn't there
           seconds before.  The first man however on her tail simply
           saw the girl pass through one bush and when he exited
           the other side couldn't see her at all.  Even though
           physically they were in the same location only feet
           apart but could not see each other.  Confused the female
           soon found friends inside to help her.  Even more confused
           the men started to beat the first man for losing the
           female.  That's when the forest reacted and called upon
           its sentries the Druids for justice.  It is said by
           the Vassa legends that only one man was found the other
           3 were never seen again nor their bodies.  At least
           that's the legend he learned.  Strie'bog knows legends
           are sometimes based in truth but sometimes used to scare
           young kids into being good....]

          [As the party continues hours pass....]

          [Time: 4:21pm]

          [As Strie'bog merges from three tall ancient trees he
           rounds them and then sees the border glowing intently
           to him.  The border is now only about 100 feet away.
           He looks back to see the party about 30 feet behind
           him.  He quickly says a prayer of thanks and then
           waits for the others to join him.]

          Strie'bog: "Most of you may not be able to see where the
            forest changes.  Wait here."  [He then calls out in the
            Tongue of the Forest (Forest Speak) to what appears to be
            an old tree.]  "Hail Uncle!  I have come home to find my
            mother and take council with Mikhal. I bear only love for
            the forest, and love for life.  My heart is filled with the
            joy of Cernunnos for the life I see around me.  I ask for
            permission to enter this sacred heart of the world."

          [Strie'bog knows he already has permission but its always
           common courtesy to ask anyways.  He crosses past the
           border and then turns to the others.]

          Strie'bog: "Remember, this is a place of life and peace."
            [Turning to the forest, Strie'bog says,] "I have come with
            friends.  Hear their words and know their hearts!" [He will
            then address each in turn, starting with Arawan:] "Do you come
            with harmful intent, to either steal or injure the forest
            or its creatures?"  [He will wait for an answer, then] "Give
            to the forest your heart, give to it a burden that it may
            be lifted from you.  You do not have to speak it aloud as
            the ancient trees will hear your heart.  But if you wish to
            be truly free, speak and gain strength from your friends and
            the forest. Then enter friend."

          [Arawn knows of this procedure through stories of his own
           family.  But he has never been involved with such.  The
           forest detects no harm from Arawn.  Suddenly Arawn is
           amazed to see the forest floor glowing in green, brown
           and lighter colors of blue, yellow and red.  He scans
           the forest and sees this glowing border go on for
           hundreds of feet in both east and west.  So this is the
           border.  He wonders how it would look if not invited?
           Maybe a dark black color.  Surely animals must know
           or feel something.  Arawn dismounts out of respect and
           hopes his horse also has permission.  He quietly walks
           across the border and finds he is still alive at least.
           Course the forest wouldn't kill him.  But he looks back
           to see the party and Strie'bog who smiles back.  The
           horse is also there.  Strie'bog repeats the procedure
           above for each person.   Ben'dar and Tef'wo is next
           to cross.]

          [Chion closes his eyes, afraid to look.  Would the forest
           detect his past doings?  Would the forest detect some
           of the thoughts he has had? As he considers this he
           breathes deeply and finally opens his eyes to reveal
           the glowing border.  He then notices the staff give
           a warm sensation as he crosses the border.  One of these
           days he must figure out why the staff does that?]

          [Farseeker, Thig (walking), Trembyl then all cross
           over into the Sacred forest.]

          [Unali looks at the forest and the others.  she
           wonders if she is worthy of this.  But all her life
           she has strived to save life rather than take it.
           Within 2 seconds of Strie'bog's invite Unali sees
           the glowing border and crosses over with her horse.]

          [Xian then crosses over with his horse and the other
           captured horses.]

          [Last one to be invited surely not by design than fate
           is Z'leyra.  She crosses over with her horse after
           Corona is invited in.]

          [Soon all are across the border into the Sacred Forest
           of the Pavassa forest.]

          [Anxious to get to his mother before the sun sets
           Strie'bog mounts up and heads further east into
           the sacred forest.  The party notices his face and
           hands are more green than usual and his pale skin
           seems to be less pale.  His eyes also seem to glow
           from within green with silver around the green.  his
           mood seems to increase to pure joy.]
           .
          [The party continues onward...]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          2            5       Minor Damage

          GM: Ok.  Bodies including the Shaman are left in the forest
              for scavengers.  That's fine.  Better than a fire
              as suggested above.  Time involved for fire and burial
              would be costly.  But I still haven't heard what is
              going to occur to the one goblin STILL alive and
              will wake up in 12 hours from the paralysis?
              Do you leave as Thig suggests or kill outright?

          GM: Ok.  It is the same day so no natural healing yet.
              No mana changes as well.  Monday I will report on
              the next event.  If there is anything you guys
              want to do inside the Sacred Forest or before hand
              let me know before Monday.  The next update will
              be short more or less with the meeting of mother and
              all that.  Unless I have a surprise! (Evil grin).
              So let me know what you want done.  I would have
              that event now but running out of time tonight.
              Update is late as it is due to distractions and
              other problems.  So this will give you time to
              plan any specific things.  Will work on update
              Monday at 10pm.  Shouldn't take long to do :)

          GM: John - will report any experience to you in next
              update or live in ICQ over the weekend if I remember.