[pnpgm] Game update #62 - File #264 - Lake Oca Found

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Jul 20 06:36:27 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #52 in sequence (file #264)

     Admin notes: Happy Birthday to a certain Player out there - Mr X!

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion considers the words translated. Well, I guess she is intent
          upon us riding there. Four hours of busting our butts in saddles.
          Well, that makes up for the teleport to rescue her I guess. Life
          truly is balanced. Even in extremes. He considers that if there
          is any trickery on the way, such as losing people in the woods
          the green lady should make easily passable for a hard ride, that
          teleporting is always still an option. "We can ride, but I have
          no idea what to do about a mysterious blackness invading a
          mysterious green." With a slight smirk, of course.

          He will look at Ben'Dar and say, "Looks like we're going to have
          to eat on the run."

          [Re: Trembyl's comments on Interrogation]
          "Yeah, I hope I never get taken prisoner by us. I'll get a
          shovel." Chion says relatively uncaringly.

          RE Treasure; "I don't think I will need treasure for a while.
          Perhaps it is time I started making my own treasures."
        GM: Ack.

                        ------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
         Z'leyra will talk with Corona, thanking him for his help,
         telling him the party's plans and asking if he has anything
         he wants from her.

         She will help the party get ready to go by talking with the
         horses and getting them saddled.

         [Decalis 16th, 107th day since left Marentia, 42nd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Eastern Edge/On Plains]

         [Time - 11:53am]

         [Bohusara informs the party of the forest trouble....]

         Chion: "We can ride, but I have no idea what to do about a
           mysterious blackness invading a mysterious green."
           [With a slight smirk, of course.]

          [Chion will look at Ben'Dar and say,]

        Chion:  "Looks like we're going to have to eat on the run."

        [Ben'dar grunts with a mouth full having obtained a healthy
         hunger after being hurt and the combat, though little he
         personally undertook in. thrives hunger pains.  With roasted
         meat from the cabin's own stores he continues to nibble as
         he stands and looks to Tef'wo.  He's ready to go.  Ben'dar
         continues to nibble as he knows he is already ready.]

        [Bohusara looks to the forest and seems to study it for some
         time then looks back at Chion after hearing Strie'bog's
         translation.]

        Bohusara: "A blackness is not new to this forest." [She pauses
          and Strie'bog's voice breaks as he translates the words,
          knowing she means the spot where her husband and his father
          died.] "But this new threat is extreme.  We've had tree
          blights, diseases, infestations, bad weather, bad seasons
          of fire and ice, but this seems from what the forest tells
          me is something new.  As if a illness has come to the lake
          itself.  Maybe you" [she waves to the party] " have come
          to help me cure this and other problems..." [She glances
          at Strie'bog ever so slightly and back to the forest.  Face
          turned from the party.]

        Farseeker: "Well you heard her.  Let's get moving and break
          camp.  Come on Ben'dar we can eat on the way."

        [Ben'dar grunts and continues to smack on the fresh meat
         that must be rabbit he figures?]

        [One third of the party prepares the horses of the Humagi
         and the large wagon found.  There is an argument whether
         or not to even take the wagon through the thick forest
         but its suddenly broken when Bohusara interrupts.]

        Bohusara: "I've already asked the Forest to help us.  It
          will generate trails and widen other areas.  That wagon
          will fit nicely in those trails.  I've been in situations
          like this and the forest has even helped to push " [she
          does a shoving motion with both arms] "of the wagon with
          its own plant life.  Benefits of the position you might
          say to get faster through the forest." [She grins with
          a sign of pride.]

        [Those dealing with the wagon listen but consider the words
         then unsure if this will really work finally give up and
         prepare the wagon for the gear and loot.  Virtually everything
         from the enemy weapons and armor to the food from the cabin
         is stored on the wagon or non-rider horses.  Everything but
         the furniture is taken from the cabin.]

        [As the party is ready to go the party looks over the cabin
         still unsure on the Green Lady and this new mission.  Maybe
         its how Arawn is acting toward his fellow Sidh that is catching
         on with the party members.  The reactions and non-interaction
         of Arawn is clear to even Bohusara who seems to ignore the
         antics.  She seems used to being either scruntinized as a powerful
         being who can't be trusted to a silly being who should remain
         in her own place.]

        Farseeker: "What of the Humagi?  They'll certainly find the
          grave.  We didn't go out of our way to hide it.  Won't they
          want to retaliate?  Ten plain horses are a big loss to some
          of those tribes by my guess."

        Bohusara: "That is another reason to ride.  We will warn the
           nearest Vassa tribe of any possible danger and to be
           aware in the next few days and weeks.  Another reason to
           ride is to watch and seek out any more forest wards they
           have placed.  Strie'bog informs me they placed some to the
           south and were eliminated.  But I can't just teleport out
           to the Lake and have some innocent Vassa stumble on those
           traps as well.  Don't worry we shall be cautious on our
           travel.  The Protectors now are already seeking out any
           traps they may have set."

        [Arawn continues to listen but sits in the saddle silent to the
         news still considering the situation.  Chion glances at his
         ring, satisfied and smirks.  He knows he could be there
         instantly but yet again he is caught in the saddle.  Ironic.
         He can jump over 1000 miles if he wished to but to ride is
         more interesting...especially to his saddle sores.]

        [Final preparations are made for leaving by party members and
         personal gear.  Ben'dar ensures Tef'wo's wounds are completely
         gone before he mounts him and finds no wounds.  Before Ben'dar
         does mount Z'leyra does one final magical healing spell for
         Ben'dar and completely heals him to 100%.

         Unali continues to wonder why the Green Lady does those random
         glances her way with that expression on her face.  To come
         all this way in a man's world like the Zen'da and even her
         homeland shunned and shamed by her talents.  Now to be
         treated by the Green Lady like a weirdo.  Unali remembers
         the comments Strie'bog made and ignores the Green Lady's
         glances and chalks it up to just nerves of new strangers.

         Trembyl mounts the Wagon as its driver since he has some
         experience, actually some knowledge taught by Balrog.

         [Time - 12:34pm]

         [it has been over 40 minutes since the Green Lady gave her
          warning of forest problems.  The party is now ready and
          sets out into the forest.  At first it is heavy going as
          the wagon and Trembyl get the bearings of driving in a lush
          forest as this. But after 20 minutes the party notices
          the trees and grass seem to brighten, if that's accurate,
          in the wake of Bohusara on a horse of the enemy.  Soon the
          forest itself seems to part and almost guide the Green Lady
          to easier paths.  in some cases limbs and shrubs on the
          ground seem to move as they pass to give further wider
          paths for the wagon.  Instead of zigzagging to find the
          best paths in the forest soon very little deviation is
          required for a straight path leading North-West.]

         [Arawn rides in the rear of the party behind Bohusara and
          the wagon keeping a eye on everyone, especially Bohusara.
          As he rides forward he keeps an eye open for interesting
          plants and animals.  As he rides he wonders being a Druid
          himself if the other Druids might invite him to the Solstice
          Ceremony assuming they get to it in time and they survive
          the next few days.  While his distrust of Bohusara seems to
          ebb and flow during the next few hours Arawn is torn between
          confronting Bohusara and avoiding her.  Being a son of a god
          has its special status but she also seems to be a daughter
          of a god, or so influenced by the Gods.  He wonders if she
          has clues to how to return to his home but knows by asking
          he might open himself to more paranoid thoughts and distrust.
          After all he has only known this party for a few days...]

         [Ben'dar continues to munch on what seems to be rabbit meat,
          now luke warm.  Alarm hits him as he wonders where the Claw
          is then he realizes Z'leyra must still have it.  Maybe that
          forest being guy might know something about it?  But maybe
          by asking he could cause problems.  As he rides and finishes
          his lunch he feels more and more uncomfortable by the forest.
          Being born on open and wide plains this tight cramped area
          doesn't give him much breathing room.  Tef'wo doesn't seem
          to mind though.  All these trees and bushes places where
          enemy can hide not like the plains.  In fact places like this
          forest is hard for good horse combat.  What would his family
          think of him now travelling with a Green Lady, a son of a god,
          a shaman, several wizards and having met a Forest Being like
          Miklav.  They think his stories were crazy and he was drinking
          again.  Then Ben'dar wonders what Pasha is doing today and
          how she might be doing this and that...]

         [Chion rides silently for the most part hobbling back and
          forth in his saddle like a giant sitting on a tree limb
          in a heavy wind.  One of these days he'll find a large horse
          and a large saddle to make riding normal.  He wonders why
          the staff has been almost a constant warmth of the last few
          hours just slightly warm to the touch not overly hot but
          warm enough like a mug of hot tea.  He recalls the magic
          Miklav put into the Balalaika of Strie'bog and wonders if
          he might know how to read his own staff?]

         [Farseeker rides along side Trembyl and keeps him occupied
          during the ride and to ensure nothing falls off the wagon.
          For hours the wagon doesn't have trouble moving through
          the heavy grass.  Z'leyra later discovers the horses seem
          to be entranced and strengthened by something.  Maybe
          Bohusara or maybe just the forest itself.  At times when
          Trembyl and Farseeker are alone they whisper back and forth
          of the day's events.]

         Trembyl: "So do you trust her?  Could we be going into a trap?"

         Farseeker: "Yes.  She is just a mother.  We all had mothers.
            Well maybe not Chion maybe he just grew out of a mountain."
            [He grins] "But seriously Strie'bog trusts her and has
            shown no sign of confusion on her part.  He knows her
            best and what would be her or not her.  As to this lake
            thing I personally won't be able to do much.  But maybe
            Z'leyra and Bohusara might be able to figure something out."

         Trembyl: "The whole rescue though seemed easy."

         Farseeker: "You weren't inside the cabin though.  It wasn't.
           They overlooked her the first time.  I suspect Strie'bog
           will try to learn more of how she got captured and why
           while they talk."

         Trembyl: "If she is so powerful as she seems why didn't she
           escape?  Many questions."

         [Farseeker nods...]

         [As Unali rides she examines the jade bracelet she got as
          treasure.  Its a nice small bracelet that fits nicely
          on her wrist though it could be delicate in combat to be
          torn off.  She wonders why that one guy was wearing what
          looked to be a old Katai uniform from the military...]

         [Xian rides quietly as well and questions Z'leyra bout
          the various plant life in the forest.]

         [Z'leyra as she rides looks around the forest being new to the
          area for interesting plant life.  At one point she finds
          a purple flower that Bohusara explains has no natural magical
          value other than being pretty.  But this flower seems to have
          a hole in the center of the flower likely to capture bugs and
          insects.  An interesting flower she can only examine it briefly.
          As she rides she does a mental inventory of her medical supplies
          and thinks next time she is in a city she may need to stock
          up on some burn ointment and herbs.  With Ben'dar's loan of
          bandages that'll help.  She also wonders what she could've
          done differently for the man killed by the spiders.  If she
          could've frozen him maybe or seen the spiders quicker.  Her
          mind wanders with thoughts as she gets to the Druids.  In fact
          this is the first time she has met druids much less travel
          with one - Arawn.  She wonders about their medical techniques
          and if she could learn things from them.  That one spell that
          Bohusara used earlier to heal the party was mighty powerful.
          She wonders if she could ever learn such a spell....]

         [Thig rides but often will scout ahead with Corona to the
          next point in the woods.  When he gets tired of this he'll
          drop back to talk to Bohusara about various things during
          the few hours of travel. ]

         [For a full 90 minutes or so Strie'bog and mother travel
          mid way of the party separated by distance.  The party
          seems to understand to give them a good 30-50 feet
          distance so they can talk quietly and be alone.  Strie'bog
          and mother talk and catch up on old times.  Strie'bog
          explains the events from Marentia all the way up to here.
          All the while Bohusara beams with pride on her son.  She
          wonders if maybe he will follow in his father's footsteps
          and become a missionary of far off lands.]

         [Time -  2:06pm]

         [Thig comes back to the party to report smoke is seen in the
          distance.  Bohusara comes up front and seems to cast a spell
          to talk to the forest.  She learns it is a Vassa village.
          All the while travelling no traps or wards were found and
          the Protectors, the forest spirits, vily and such do not
          find any traps.  The party enter the village to see a well
          protected and secluded hamlet of about 12 straw and wooden
          structures.  There seems to be about 40-45 people living here.
          Bohusara and Strie'bog talk to the elders to learn if they've
          heard of any forest problems, especially near Lake Oca.
          But the elders simply report the lake is too far for common
          water but they visit it often.  After some checking no one
          has visited there in days and it was in good shape then.
          The Vassa seem to fawn over Bohusara having a rare visit by
          her and seem to ignore Thig, Arawn all together in their
          Sidh Status.  Bohusara tells the party they should continue on.]

         [Time -  3:56pm]

         [Corona this time returns with report of a water source ahead
          about a mile away.  The party slows down looking every which
          way for any one or anything.  In fact for the last 3 hours
          the most animals seen are deer and the occasional fox or rabbit.
          The party finally slowly emerges into a large clearing of the
          forest about a half mile wide.  As they ride toward a lapping
          pond (almost a lake) the color strikes them immediately.  Indeed
          the pond seems to be a light brown as if mud was dumped into
          the pond.]

         Bohusara: "It smells right but looks awful.  Best not to touch
           or drink the water.  Make sure the horses don't do so.

         [The pond itself seems to be a half mile wide tear shaped
          water area.  The smaller top side of the 'tear' lays to the
          north east while the fat rounded bottom lies to the south
          east while the sides curve this way and that south-west to
          north-east.  By this time the sun is low to the west being
          only about 2 hours till night.  The pond seems to lap up against
          the sandy shore but in most places the water meets up against
          the tree line.  The trees here are ancient looking as thin
          as 6 foot trees to large 9 foot diameter trunks.  Most trees
          seem to average 80 feet but as tall as 215 it seems.  the
          area looks more ancient than the deeper the forest the party
          came from in the south.  The party scans the water as much
          as they can see from this angle in the curves and see no blue
          water just brown low visibility water.  The party also scans
          the trees, especially Strie'bog.  But all seem to be healthy
          even for this time of year.  While most have no thick limbs
          full of leaves they seem to be quite green and healthy.  That's
          a good thing at least.]

         [Chion dismounts ready to get off that tiny saddle.  Thig
          flies and then lands on the ground with Bohusara.
          Strie'bog also dismounts to scan the area better. Trembyl
          gets off the wagon to stretch.]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          GM: Let me know of any actions at the pond.  Since no one
              posted Travel actions just moved the party here.
              Will work on update about 10pm Monday night. I did
              a map so folks get a feel for the scene.

          GM: Treasure [Removed from Master Treasure List]
              Z'leyra - Gets Jacinth Gem
              Unali   - Jade Bracelet and Carbuncle Gorget
              Ben'dar - Magical Battle Horn

              All other items will be sold for party shares.  Unless
              other items are claimed.

                        ------------------

           * Player Status Report

              Player             Player Health Status (% of Total)
              Arawn                      80% [Light]  1 Healings

         * Mana Report

              Player          Current Mana Percentage (of total)
             Arawn                     56%  [44% Used]
             Xian                      80%  [20% Used]
             Chion                     87%  [13% Used]
             Strie'bog                 38%  [62% Used]
             Thig                      83%  [17% Used]
             Z'leyra                   60%  [40% Used]

  [Lake Oca Map ]

%%%%%%%%%\__°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  1
%%%%%%%%%/  \__°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  2
%%%%%%%% \__/  \_°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  3
%%%%%%\__/  \__/ °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°Lake°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  4
%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  5
%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \_°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  6
%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  7
%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  8
%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  9
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__°°°°°°°°°°°° 10
%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/   11
%Forest%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__ 12
%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%% 13
%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__G  \L_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%%%%% 14
%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  S__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 15
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \W_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 16
%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__C  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%%%%%%%% 17
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/B \__/  \__/  Z__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%%%%% 18
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/ X\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%% 19
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__A  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%%%%% 20
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%% 21
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/  \R_/WW\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%% 22
%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/  \__/  \WW/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%% 23
%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \__U  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%%%% 24
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%% 25
%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%% 26
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%% 27
%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%% 28
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%% 29
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 30
%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%%%%%%%% 31
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 32
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%  33
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%%%%% 34
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%% 35
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%%%%% 36
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/   37
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQR
                                                   ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQR

  Legend  =  1 Hex = 10 feet        North
             1 Row =  5 feet         /I\
          1 Column =  5 feet
            %%%    = Forest/Trees
            °°°    = Pond water

  Player/Object Positions -
     Player   Code   Location
     Wagon     WW    j/k22/23
     Arawn      A    o20            [On Horse]
     Ben'dar    B    d18            [On Tef'wo]
     Chion      C    l17            [Standing on ground]
     Farseeker  F    u22            [On horse]
     Thig       G    c14            [Standing on ground]
     Strie'bog  S    i15            [Standing on ground]
     Trembyl    R    g22            [Standing on ground]
     Unali      U    c24            [On horse]
     Xian       X    h19            [On horse]
     Z'leyra    Z    r18            [On horse]
     Bohusara   L    g14            [Standing on ground]
     Corona     E    ???            [Flying or forest?]
     Wolf       W    g16            [On ground]

     [Other horses not listed on map]

     Note: The forest is thick here and you can only see about 5-10 feet
        beyond the tree line due to the amount of trees, shrubs and
        thick foliage.

See Website if Map not shown well in Email!