[pnpgm] After the giants

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 13:53:55 CET 2007

   Looking up from his work, Arawn smiled at the green-eyed man. He continued tending to the wounded as he replied in the Zenda tongue.

     "It's a pleasure to meet you Strie'bog." He turned to address the others for a moment, "A pleasure to meet you all. My name is Arawn and I am sorry for the trouble I brought into your camp. It was definitely a surprise to encounter you, apparently both for me and the giants." Focusing once more on Strie'bog he continued,
     "Thank you for that. I agree with your father and I try to take every advantage I can to learn and understand different cultures and languages myself. I believe it is one of the first steps to developing peace between peoples."
     As he talked Bodyzar the wolf walked up, nuzzling Strie'bog, and after the introduction Arawn extended his hand, palm down, for the wolf to sniff, taking a moment to pet him if the creature allowed. As he did so he spoke quietly to it in a strange tongue.

Robert Maxwell <bioram at langate.gsu.edu> wrote:
  "We are close to my home now Ben'Dar, and I am anxious to be there.
Already I can feel the call of the pines still awake through the early
days of winter, and the dreams of the oaks as they slumber. Let us to
my mother's land. We can search for the giants lair latter." As he
talks, Strie'bog's green eyes become more vibrant.

He will listen in to the discussion between Arawn and Z'leyra, as
Strie'bog respects her wisdom as a healer (and wants to learn more).
Strie'bog will extend his hand, (He will address Arawn in Elf Sidh)
"Arawn, I am known as Strie'bog among my people. It is a good thing
that you came upon us, for there is strength in numbers when it comes to
fighting a giant. As for other languages, we have just come form the
land of the Zen'da, and many of us can speak that language." Strie'bog
looks down for a moment, "when I first these in my company, I had a
problem communicating with all of them. Of course, my father always
told me to take any opportunity to learn the language and customs of
whomever I met." Strie'bog stands, reflecting quietly for a moment. He
shakes himself, saying "be that as it may, it is good to make your
aquaitance. Oh," noticing that Bodyzar has come up, "this is my friend
Bodyzar. I raised him from a pup," he says as he kneels down to pet the
wolf.

Looking up to Z'leyra, "is there anything I can do to help you in the
healing?"

Robert