[pnpgm] Game update #22 - File #102 - Where did he go?

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Feb 23 07:16:27 CET 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 222 in sequence (file #102)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar wheels Tef'wo around, searching the area for any
          other threats.  Hearing sounds of the chase to the north, he
          nods to Unali and grins.  "Let's go!"  He charges after the
          flying man, sheathing his pike and taking out his bow as he
          rides.  He will fire on the flying man as soon as he is in
          sight, and will continue to pursue him, firing as he goes,
          until the man either escapes or goes down.
        GM:  Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will proceed with Orient Self, then she will cast
          Dark Sight EL3. It is likely that she will follow that up
          with Fire Darts at the Wizard.

          She is surprised that the wizard is apparently using both
          chaos and law spells.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion will cast insubstantial. He will then teleport about
          200 feet straight into the forest the direction everyone else
          is heading. Of course he will then see if he can find the
          fleeing person.
        GM:  Ack.

         [Decalis 13th, 104th day since left Marentia, 39th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Strie'bog's cabin/home]
          [Time: 5:34pm]

          GM: First experience on the combat

            Player      CEP      Expertise    Skill
            Unali        9          18        Dagger
            Farseeker   78          24        Great Sword
            Ben'dar     96          18        Pike

            Note: Magical experience not reported here but already
            recorded on character sheets.

          GM: Item Damage

            Ben'dar -    -1 FV to Pike (Took Damage)
            Unali   -    -1 AV to Leather (armor now useless)

            GM: Unali may have to wear chainmail till get another
                set of leather armor.  Let me know.

                Ben'dar the Pike took massive stress so did take
                some damage but luckily did not break this time.

          GM: Ammo Use

            Unali -    -1 Sling projectile

          GM: Skill Training - Days 34-39

              Player    Skill           34  35  36  37  38  39  Total
            Ben'dar    Horse Husbandry   1   1   1   1   1   1    6
            Farseeker  Forest Survival   2   2   2   2   2   2   12
            Arawn      -None Defined-    ------No Points-----------
            Xian       Forester          2   2   2   2   2   2   12
            Chion      Healer            2   2   2   2   2   2   12
            Trembyl    Throwing Dagger   1   1   1   1   1   1    6
            Strie'bog  Marentian         1   1   1   1   1   1    6
            Thig       Forester          1   1   1   1   1   1    6
            Unali      -None Defined-    ------No Points-----------
            Z'leyra    Horse Husbandry   2   2   2   2   2   2   12

            Note: Xian +2 to Forester EL, Thig +1 Forester EL
            Unali sorry never got your choice.  Arawn you mentioned
            Forest Survival/Herbalist but your Max in those skills.
            So too late for that.  Can do more next leg of trip.

           [Farseeker pushes the Axeman down to the ground as he
            finishes him off.  Thig takes to the air.  Ben'dar
            twirls around in the yard and looks around the
            perimeter of the hedge to see if he sees anyone else.]

           [Chion and Z'leyra begin to cast mana.  Z'leyra by
            beating her drum high up in the sky above the forest.]

           [Chion becomes insubstantial and Z'leyra enters her trance.]

           [Having heard Unali suggest going after the flying man
            Arawn rounds and heads for his horse in the front yard.]
           GM: Assume this since no posted actions.

           [Thig takes to the air and towards the back yard where
            he heard Xian said the others were.]

           [Farseeker looks over his shoulder and waves down
            Ben'dar.]
           Farseeker: "Ben'dar!  Cover me.  I need to clear the
             barn of any others.  Stand by the door will ya!"

           [With that he quickly kicks the door open with a foot
            and enters.  He begins to check the stalls for any
            enemy that might be inside.]

           [Unali runs to the east side of the house.  She recalls
            the outhouse and needs to check it out first.]

           [Ben'dar stays by the barn door mounted on Tef'wo.  He
            grabs his bow after putting his Pike in the string holster.
            He looks into the barn but also keeps an eye out at the
            wooden box to make sure no one else is there.]

           [Trembyl heads east to the court yard.  While the others
            are outside he knows more may be inside.]

           [Strie'bog and Boyzdar head around the corner and to the
            south front yard.]

           [Chion teleports into the forest beyond the horse and
            hedge.  He finds himself among some heavy bushes.  He
            begins to scan the forest looking for the man.]

           [Z'leyra casts her dark sight spell and looks down.
            Through the trees its difficult to see as trees and
            bushes move past her vision.  But the darkness area
            disappears from view as solid black to a more murky
            black though still she can see in it in the natural twilight.
            She doesn't see the man at this point.]

           [Farseeker quickly checks the rest of the barn and finds
            no one there.]
           Farseeker: "Its clear!"

           [Everyone else runs for their horses.  Trembyl gets to
            the courtyard and turns into it.  Unali reaches the
            eastern edge of the house.]

           [Ben'dar whirls Tef'wo around and gallops south to the box
            to ensure no one is inside.  A quick check finds no one
            but wood.  He heads for the center of the yard.  He does
            not know of the flying man at this point.]

           [Z'leyra shifts her position and gets a better view of the
            forest below.  The trees are so thick at this height its
            hard to view down.]

           [Chion sees the dark area ahead now to his south and doesn't
            see through the darkness.  He scans around for horses or
            other people in the area but sees no one.]

           [Unali finally reaches the outhouse and finds it empty.]

           [Trembyl slowly re-enters the house from the door the
            others left from while holding his scimitar.]

           [The others run south to their horses.]

           [Z'leyra finally sees the man bending over a bush looking
            out as if hiding among the tall bushes.  She smiles
            and lets her energy flow to her Firestone.]

           [Farseeker exits the barn just as Arawn gets to the
            front yard.  Then Strie'bog.  He explains about
            a escaping man in quick terms only.]

           [Z'leyra fires her Fire dart from her helmet and a
            lance of hot fire shoots down the 100 feet toward the
            forest ground.  The fire dart hits the man and bursts
            his clothes and the bush into flame.]

           [As the others mount horses. Farseeker heads for the
            house to check it out as well.]

           [Z'leyra begins to levitate lower toward the forest.]

           [It takes about 10 seconds for the riders to get around
            the sides of the hedge to the area in question.  By
            then Z'leyra is about 20 feet up.  As the trees clear
            and smoke begins to subside she notices the man is
            still kneeling in the bush!  But the bush all around
            him is on fire?  She blinks her eyes.]

           [Ben'dar, Arawn, Strie'bog, Chion, Z'leyra and wolf
            surround the darkness area.  Arawn casts dark sight
            himself and looks inside but the others can't see in it.]

           [A few seconds later Z'leyra is only 9 feet above the
            burning bush when the man disappears.  An illusion!
            She thought so.  A powerful one she figures.  She
            and Arawn look around the darkness area but finds no
            one there.]

           [Confused the area is checked for bushes and trees where
            he can be hiding.  Some 20 seconds later Corona is seen
            flying through the trees toward the party.  He lands
            on a high bush.  Four seconds later Thig follows.]

           Thig: "Its no use.  I saw Corona fly west through some
             trees.  I followed.  Eventually saw the flying man
             turn north after a few seconds then in a blue haze
             he disappeared.  We've all seen that haze before with
             Xian and Chion.  He is likely miles away now teleported
             somewhere.  I think he used something for it though
             as he said no words that I heard."

           [Soon the area of darkness is searched.  The fire is
            put out by Arawn and Strie'bog.  With the help of
            Z'leyra and Ben'dar (who can't see through the darkness)
            Thig finds the center of it.  He then lowers down into
            it and searches with his hands and senses.  Soon the
            darkness spell fades completely and Thig finds a clay
            ball on the ground.  He senses magic from it but doesn't
            touch it.]

           Thig: "I suspect he dropped this.  It must cast darkness
             and the illusion to fool tracking.  Very clever this
             one.  I don't sense powerful magic from it so it may
             not have offensive magic in it."

           [The greater forest is searched for more clues or tracks.
            Soon to the west Xian is found mounted on a horse with
            two others behind him.]

           [Xian is spotted by Ben'dar and joins him.]
           Xian: "I found these horses...hey...I had to leave with
             the body.  I didn't want Strie'bog to see the gore and
             headless body.  Especially if his mother is inside.
             I don't know what it would've done for them.  Some
             might go crazy seeing such things.  You know mothers.
             I left the body back there in the forest.  I heard the
             horses and found them.  My guess is it was theirs.
             That blow of yours was mighty strong!"

           [With the sun on the horizon and not even seen anymore
            due to the forest the darkness quickly comes.  No
            clues or tracks are found other than the three men's
            tracks that lead west toward their horses.]

           [The house is searched and no one else is found inside.]

           [When everyone comes back into the front yard Farseeker
            comes out.  Xian explains he dragged the body behind
            the wooden box to Strie'bog.]

           Farseeker: "No one is here.  Strie'bog.  Where can
             your mom be?  Who were these guys?"

           [Strie'bog confused isn't sure himself.  But the party
            enters the house.  Strie'bog checks his mother's room
            for clues while the party cleans up the dishes and
            stuff on the kitchen floor.]

           Trembyl: "So the flying man got away?  We should keep
             sentries just in case but I doubt he'll be back."

           Thig: "Tracking a man is hard enough in the night time
             but one who teleports AND flies is near impossible."

           [Ben'dar and Unali tie up the horses outside as the temperature
            begins to plunge from the night.]

           Farseeker: "What should we do with the axe man?  Bury him
             with the other one in the deeper forest?   Arawn,
             Strie'bog seems occupied looking for clues.  So what's
             the customs on burial here?  Do you know?"

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday..

          Small update.  A transition update.  Skill points and
          experience are recorded.  The deadline for skill points
          are over.  There will soon be another period though
          for spells and skills.  I'll announce that next week.
          At this point some private emails will go out for some
          behind the scenes stuff.  That'll help get the next
          part going.

          For above spell use will record the experience this weekend
          and hope to report any EL changes in next update if any EL
          changes exist.

          At this point the sun is down and forest is getting very
          dark.  Torches and such can be set outside.

          Damage:
             Player        Damage
             Farseeker        8
             Arawn            2
             Xian             1 * Already healed most of his own
             Strie'bog        1
             Unali            6
             Z'leyra          6

           Thig healed all his damage himself.  Strie'bog, Unali
           if you want healing say so and from whom. :)