[pnpgm] Game update #11 - File #13 - Status 12/19 - Happy X-Mas

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Dec 19 07:13:07 CET 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
     Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #11 in sequence (file #13)

     Admin notes: None.
     [Recap] - None

        GM: Administration Info -

            * Status file updated.

              1. Characteristic Points

                          Total Players: 14
                    CPs sent to Players: 14
                 CPS allocated/returned: 13
                  Character sheets sent: 13
                       Current progress: 93%

                  Leaves only Strie'bog at this point.

              2. In-between time actions

                          Total Players: 14
                 IBT Actions sent to me:  9
                    IBT completed by me: 10   [*** Changed ***]
                       Current progress: 71%  [*** Changed ***]

                 Have IBT actions from:
                    [New Player]

                 Check out the Status link on the website to
                 see order of IBT actions given to me and
                 which at the time of the week I'm currently
                 working on.

        GM: All right.  Z'leyra's IBT Action Plan is complete.
            Character sheet is being reviewed for changes.
            This is a 7% increase in status to 71% completed
            IBT actions.   This gives a boost of 3% overall
            progress toward start of adventure for a total
            status of 82% completed with CPs and IBT Plan.

        GM: Looks like I have a new player's slew of rough drafts
            for a IBT action plan.  Still needs a lot to be
            ironed out before I can start it.  So its in the
            queue but if someone sends me their action plan that
            is ready and complete I'll start that one first.
            Give the new player time to finish his up.

        GM: Not heard anything from Robert in about 3 months.
            Still gotta wait on Arawn, Strie'bog and Unali
            to turn in plans.  Since new year is two weeks
            away guess that hope for starting 1/1 is gone :<
            If you guys are too busy to do IBT actions its
            not required.  Its only an option.  If you don't
            want one done I can do some encounters up and
            finish the time off.  Just let me know.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update Wednesday...12/26/07

        GM: Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy Holidays.

        GM:  As a present some fun for you guys to read while your
             bored waiting for me to start the adventure :)

    'Twas the Internet Night Before Christmas

    'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Net,
    There were hacker's a surfing. Nerds? Yeah, you bet.
    The e-mails were stacked by the modem with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.

    The newbies were nestled all snug by their screens,
    While visions of Java danced in their dreams.
    My wife on the sofa and me with a snack,
    We just settled down at my rig (it's a Mac).

    When out in the Web there arose such a clatter,
    I jumped to the site to see what was the matter.
    To a new page my Mac flew like a flash,
    Then made a slight gurgle. It started to crash!!

    I gasped at the thought and started to grouse,
    Then turned my head sideways and clicked on my mouse.
    When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    My Mac jumped to a page that wasn't quite clear.

    When the image resolved, so bright and so quick,
    I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick!
    More rapid than mainframes, more graphics they came,
    Then Nick glanced toward my screen, my Mac called them by name;

    "Now Compaq! Now Acer!", my speaker did reel;
    "On Apple! On Gateway!" Santa started to squeal!
    "Jump onto the circuits! And into the chip!
    Now speed it up! Speed it up! Make this thing hip!"

    The screen gave a flicker, he was into my "Ram",
    Then into my room rose a full hologram!
    He was dressed in all red, from his head to his shoes,
    Which were black (the white socks he really should lose).

    He pulled out some discs he had stored in his backpack.
    Santa looked like a dude who was rarin' to hack!
    His eyes, how they twinkled! His glasses, how techno!
    This ain't the same Santa that I used to know!

    With a wink of his eye and a nod of his head,
    Santa soon let me know I had nothing to dread.
    He spoke not a word, gave my Mac a quick poke,
    And accessed my C drive with only a stroke.

    He defragged my hard drive, and added a "Dimm",
    Then threw in some cool games, just on a whim!
    He worked without noise, his fingers they flew!
    He distorted some pictures with Kai's Power Goo!

    He updated Office, Excel and Quicken,
    Then added a screensaver with a red clucking chicken!
    My eyes widened a bit, my mouth stood agape,
    As he added the latest version of Netscape.

    The drive gave a whirl, as if it were pleased,
    St. Nick coyly smiled, the computer appeased.
    Then placing his finger on the bridge of his nose,
    Santa turned into nothing but ones and zeros!

    He flew back into my screen and through my uplink,
    Back into the net with barely a blink.
    But I heard his sweet voice as he flew from my sight,
    "Happy surfing to all, and to all a good byte!"

     GM: How about another?

     A Dragon Christmas

     'Twas the night before Christmas, all was quiet throughout the lair
     A blizzard raged outside, but I didn't care.
     My mate was nestled beside me, my wing draped over her form.
     We just lay there together, sleeping throughout the storm.

     All of the sudden, from outside came a sound
     I quietly got up and checked to see what was around
     My mate remained behind, she wasn't feeling too fine
     Having recently eaten some humans dragging a pine

     Such a weird little custom! Why should they be
     Outside in this cold, just to be fetching this tree?
     Indeed 'tis peculiar, but that isn't the point.
     This tale I shall tell, to you I anoint.

     Continuing the story, I looked up into the night sky
     And found eight tiny reindeer going on the fly.
     Now that was a sight! Especially for me to behold!
     A phenomenon indeed to a dragon this old!

     They had bells attached all over, jingling merrily.
     So that was the noise, I thought suspiciously.
     Almost upon their heels, they towed along this little sleigh.
     It didn't matter much, they were now all my prey.

     I unfurled my wings and leapt off into the night.
     Those poor little creatures! They're in for a fright!
     My wingbeats were strong, and my eyes glowed with glee.
     I'll catch up with them soon, and that's the last they shall see.

     My appetite was great, as saliva dripped from my fangs.
     I only hoped they were enough to suit my hunger pangs.
     As I slowly approached them, their final doom impending,
     I suddenly noticed that they were descending.

     I looked down beneath, and found to much discontent.
     That we were all nearing some human settlement.
     Oh, curse all the luck! This was not to my appeal!
     No matter, then. I shall still have this meal.

     With but a thought in my mind, I blinked out from sight.
     Invisibility has its uses, I must certainly indict.
     From the sleigh came a command, and they all landed upon a roof.
     I settled on the ground, and to the surroundings, became aloof.

     A fat little man with a sack on his back
     Jumped out of the sleigh, for which he seemed knack.
     He approached a chimney, this stony outcropping
     Within its confines, he fell down adropping.

     Now what was he up to? That I didn't know.
     But I was interested enough to pursue this little show.
     Closing my eyes, focusing concentration,
     A spell I performed with a mere incantation.

     What I once saw before was just the building's wooden walls
     Were now dissolved away, leaving bare its rooms and halls.
     Looking up and down, I searched out this fellow
     Where was he now? Where did he go?

     Ah, there he was, in a room with a fireplace
     A plate of milk and cookies he was stuffing into his face.
     All the more the better, my fat little friend.
     One snap of my jaws, is where you shall end.

     After eating his food, he proceeded to take out of his bag
     Many colored boxes, but an occasional gag
     Where did he put them, but under a tree!
     The same kind of tree that I did previously see!

     This mystery continues to boggle my mind!
     With the more I discover, yet more I must find!
     When he was finished with that, he took his bag by the string
     And went to the mantle where many socks stood hanging

     He proceeded to stuff them with goodies and snacks
     Generosity, this man certainly did not lack
     Suddenly, in my mind, something did click
     Reindeer, boxes and socks--this must be St. Nick!

     The renowned man of Christmas, who comes every year
     He visits all these places and spreads his limitless cheer.
     It is he who is respected by humans all around
     Giving away gifts for all the world abound.

     He wore a red suit, and a great big belly
     Which jiggled a lot, and was similar to jelly.
     Thus, I came to a conclusion, and I'm reluctant to say,
     I couldn't eat him, much to my dismay.

     He was too well known, and if him I devour
     Everyone would be sad, and that'd make everything sour.
     Humans would grow suspicious, if he didn't come next year
     They would become downtrodden, and would happen to fear

     That he'd given up his job, but that is not quite.
     What he really did was feed a dragon's appetite.
     And perhaps, with concern, they came out to search
     And discovered it was me, would their hearts ever lurch!

     But, alas, if they did, they'd react just the same
     As always to my race--they have me slain.
     So, you see, I cannot eat him, not outright
     Therefore, I must turn back and jump into flight.

     A saddening thought, I do so confess
     *sigh* What I must do to avoid such a mess
     But as I returned to the lair I found much to my surprise!
     Happiness indeed in the form of a guise!

     Succulent meats, throughout the cave, were arrayed
     My mate had already eaten half (she had several eggs on the way).
     Ravenously hungry, I prepared myself to eat
     But paused for a moment; Where'd we get the meat?

     We didn't have a clue, until we recently discovered
     A rolled piece of paper, from the food we uncovered
     It was a small little scroll, which I could read ever so slight
     On it, it read Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

     GM: Lucky for you guys the Dwarfs are not allowed to post their
         awful jokes due to the Treasure Math Error they had
         awhile back.  Maybe next year if you guys are bad.
         To all happy holidays!