[pnpgm] Game update #38 -file #174 -Decision to be made

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Apr 25 01:55:04 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 237b in sequence (file #170)

     Admin notes:  Anyone get my joke?  I guess not.  I talked about
     the Cait Sith.  Then mentioned they rarely take revenge. You
     know Revenge of the Sith?  Oh well.  Movie.  Big movie.  guess
     it flew too high a joke over heads. :)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          After checking the bandages of the wounded Z'leyra will dance
          for a bit, then she will go to sleep so to be ready for action
          in the morning.

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Strie'bog goes directly to Miklav, and relates the vision.
          "I must find Chion, for he can move people to a position
           close to the attackers."  He considers, "something seems
          to block the end of the vision.  Time is running short."

          He will then go to find Chion and the others.  Once found,
          he will relate the vision and Pan'to's part in the abduction
          of his mother. "We must reach her soon.  The trip would take
          us four days.  Chion, could you move us closer?  I could
          take you there, then you could come back for the others."

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          As Mertz and Thig prepared to leave for the Faerry palace
          Arawn, aware of the look on Mertz's face, gives the Sidh
          time to prepare for his arrival by informing them that he
          will stay with the others for a bit but will arrive later
          in the evening. He bids the two farewell and then strides
          over to Stok.

          "It is bad news that flies through the forest as of late.
           Your report, you did not have time to finish but I would be
           interested in what else you may have discovered. Perhaps
           some vital piece of information may be found."

          Arawn listens to anything that Stok has to tell him and then
          shares a bit of the groups recent journey as they head towards
          the festival.

          As the party entered the clearing where the festival was taking
          place Arawn carefully inspected the area. He noticed the Sidh
          and Elder creatures mixed in with the humans and quickly
          spotted the druids. Unfortunately before he could speak with
          them two elves cut through the crowd to intercept him. They
          were attentive and kind but fawned over him, which he never
          found appealing. Most Alfar shared the mentality of their
          parents, a certain air based on a sense of station, something
          that was always deeply ingrained in most of the Sidh. But
          Arawn had always been a little different. He did not share in
          the sense of superiority common among the Sidh, including the
          Alfar, and chose to view all life as being worthy of respect,
          not one being higher than the other. Even the hatred that was
          common among the Elder races was diminished in him. He quickly
          asked them to not worry so much over him and to treat him as
          anyone else present and to enjoy themselves. He made the rounds,
          introducing himself to all present and talking with them,
          particularly the elves and the druids present. He seems very
          interested in participating in the solstice ceremony and
          discusses it at length with the other druids before eventually
          wandering off into the night.
        GM: Ack.  Comments taken.  Thanks.

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [Hours earlier - ]

          Arawn [to Stok] : "It is bad news that flies through the forest
            as of late. Your report, you did not have time to finish but
            I would be interested in what else you may have discovered.
            Perhaps some vital piece of information may be found."

          [Stok shifts back and forth and looks at Miklav.  Stok clearly
           doesn't revere Arawn being a human that's typical.  He clearly
           reveres Miklav however.]

          Stok: "Nothing else of importance....unless you want to hear
            about a birth...some hunting...a few injuries..routine
            stuff for the forest.  It might bore you though."

         [At the Festival - ]

           [Arawn at one time tries to get some fresh air away from the
            2 Elves by greeting the female Elf chion is talking to.
            Arawn finds he is impressed when she doesn't even stand
            to great him but simply raises a hand toward him.  Finally
            its nice to see someone who doesn't turn to mush around
            him.  But only 5 minutes into the conversation the
            2 Elves return and drag arawn away.  Chion smiles at
            Arawn in a humorous way not a mean way as he is dragged
            away.  As Arawn turns and goes with the Elves he could
            swear he heard giggles behind him?]

           [The first to go to 'sleep' is Ben'dar and his gal mate
            for the night into the woods.  Trembyl is soon to
            follow toward their camp among the huts of the people
            of the forest.  Z'leyra dances for awhile but also
            eventually heads to sleep.  Next Farseeker is the
            next to head to bed to take off his armor and relax.]

           [Arawn is escorted a few hours later to the Faerry
            hill.  Leaving Chion the last of the party to head
            to the party camp.  Eventually the party declines
            to only about 3 humans drinking and talking quietly.
            Chion decides to head off to the camp a little after
            1am or so. he guesses.]

         [Back at the Faerry Hill/Castle - ]

           [Arawn is escorted to the Faerry hill and finds it
            is a castle of sorts.  He is led to a open air
            courtyard where True sidh, Elves and Faerry are
            around.  More fawning and attention is given to him
            greatly by the sidh here.  He is surpised to not
            find Mertz and the others.  Eventually Mertz
            comes down from someplace and greets Arawn.]

            Mertz: "I'm sorry I was just informed you had
              arrived.  I regret....to say ...that the Queen
              is occupied." [He shifts his feet slightly]
              "He is with your friend Thig.  I have sent word
              of your arrival and she has not replied ...
              through the ...door. I apologize for this and
              I'm sure she has a good reason."

            [Mertz tries to avoid the situation further by giving
             the same tour he gave Xian and Thig earlier.  Arawn
             is tired of the fawning over him.  But to be not
             seen by the Faerry Queen is a bit of a shock.  A
             twinge of confusion hits Arawn as he walks the
             halls thinking of why she would do such a error
             in protocol.]

         [Strie'bog's forest location - ]

           [As the vision ends Strie'bog stands fast.  He startles
            the sleeping wolf so bad he jumps back.  Strie'bog
            grabs his great and Miklav's staff and heads into the
            forest.  but he realizes its pitch black.  He slows
            down only so he can not stumble and die.  Dying this
            way would not be fun or good timing.  It takes him
            about 25 minutes to backtrack to the place the group
            had their first meeting with Miklav.  No one is there.
            He asks the wolf to track Z'leyra who has a scent
            around her from the herbs and other natural magical
            items.  It doesn't take long for the wolf to lead
            Strie'bog to the festival area.  But he finds only
            2 humans sitting at a table playing some form of
            game with small sticks.  He questions them to find
            where the party is.  He finds the party asleep in
            tents or huts.  He finds a human and asks him what
            time it is.  Strie'bog learns its near 2am.  That
            would mean he was in the spell trance for over 7
            hours this time!]

           [Strie'bog spends time and finally finds Miklav awake
            and tending to a sick deer who has some infection
            on its antlers.  The deer is quiet as he can be and
            is held by another druid of low rank.  Miklav looks
            up and whispers to the lad and both Strie'bog and
            Miklav exit the hut.  Strie'bog explains his vision.]

           Strie'bog: "I must find Chion, for he can move people to a
             position close to the attackers."  He considers,
             "something seems to block the end of the vision.  Time is
             running short."

           Miklav: "If she is that far out on the side of the forest
             and into the plains it could be the gods could not
             read past the forest?  But that seems strange to
             me.  Pan'to was involved.  The confirmation is not
             a shock at least."

           [Strie'bog returns the staff to Miklav.]

           Miklav: "Your friends are through there some may still
             be awake.  I shall return.  I must now do something."

           [With that Miklav storms into the bushes.  Strie'bog
            is surprised to see lack of concern but then again
            Miklav was one to hide emotions.  He must have something
            important to do at this point. Strie'bog goes to the
            others to find anyone awake and finds Chion at the
            campfire.]

           Strie'bog [to Chion] : "We must reach her soon.  The trip
             would take us four days.  Chion, could you move us closer?
             I could take you there, then you could come back for the
             others."

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          2            5       Minor Damage

          GM: Short update.  Long day.  Ran out of time.
            Here's the deal.

          Strie'bog.  Do you wake up the others and find the
            others in the Faerry hill?  Its 2am or so maybe 2:30.
            Sunrise isn't for at least 4 hours.  Strie'bog
            has asked for a teleport.  But...

          Chion can teleport all 10 people including Eagle and
            Wolf.  No problem that distance.  It will be Max
            EL.  BUT to take the horses will cost 3-4 jumps
            JUST for the horses. As they weighs 600-1200 pounds
            each.  So Here's the critical decision.  Take
            horses or teleport and walk?

          Pros:
            * Horses allow quicker travel and response
            * Horses can follow up on events quicker
            * Taking horses allows full equipment

          Cons
            * Teleport would require at least 4-5 jumps to get
              everyone in place to the first spot.  Only chion
              would know the mana drain involved.
            * Leaving horses allows more stealth but less speed
            * Leaving horses would need to leave some items like
              heavy blankets or bedrolls.

          So what I need to know:

          Strie'bog: 1.  Wake up the others ASAP?
                     2.  Teleport or Ride Teleport instant but
                         ride would take 3.5 days.
                     3.  If Teleport take horses or leave them?
                     4.  When to leave? Now 2am or sunrise?
                     5.  Take wolf with you? If Teleport
          Chion      1.  Willing to teleport? If so the required
                         1 or 4 jumps?
          Others - If you want to vote on taking horses or not
            you can but the critical votes are by Strie'bog and
            Chion at this point.

          I will have news on Unali in the next update on Friday.

          If I have the above answers by Friday I can go ahead
          and write up the next part and the start of the rescue.