[pnpgm] Game update #36 - File #164 - Secrets Revealed

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Apr 17 06:45:29 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 236 in sequence (file #164)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion makes a mental note about the whole attacking and
          getting teleported. Wondering if he can block the teleport
          or not with his own. Of course, it most likely is a sort of
          interplanar teleport. But it would be nice to be able to
          attack in here if he needed too. Of course, being teleported
          outside is fine so long as the one you need to attack goes
          with you he supposes. He understands the warning now a little
          better. A forest this size teleporting you to the outside...
          but where on the outside? Could be north, south, east or west.
          Not a bad teleport, if he does say so himself.
        GM: Ack.

              --------------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra is impressed by the power and watchfulness of the
          forest. She is confident in Unali. She waits and watches,
          ready to join the party in any wise actions.
        GM: Ack.

              --------------------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Strie'bog places his hand on Farseeker's shoulder.  "The
          forest sees deeply into a person's soul Farseeker.  All it
          did was remove a threat.  Pan'to was not entirely forth
          coming, but he may have been acting initially with good
          intentions.  Unali's tension was on the surface."  He shakes
          his head, then looks into Farseeker's eyes, "Unali has proven
          herself time and again as a good person and loyal friend.
          This I know.  The forest only saw a dry twig ready to flare
          into a raging fire.  This judgement of the forest is a
          defense.  It is then for the Druids to determine the truth
          and final judgement. My mother can calm the forest, and grant
          Unali permission again to come in to this holy place.  She
          may even be able to help calm Unali's heart,"  Strie'bog
          pauses, and then turns to the party.

          "But my mother is sick, her heart wounded.  You saw the wound
          made visible when we came upon the blight in the forest."  He
          pauses and looks to Miklav, "I have said before that my mother
          is the forest. This is no diversion or poetic dream.  My mother
          is the soul of the forest."  He shakes his head, closing his
          eyes.  "Some of you had heard stories of the Forestals prior
          to coming to this forest.  No doubt you have heard stories
          about the the Forestal's partner in guarding the great forests,
          the souls of these forests, the Green Ladies."  He looks at
          the party again, "My mother is one of these daughter's of
          Cernunnos.  This is why her wounded heart becomes visible in
          the forest.  If she has been captured, it means that the entire
          forest is in peril."

          "First, some of us must reach Unali before she kills Pan'to.
          The forest is not place for a sole person not experienced in
          the forest wilds.  Second, I must seek the Wisdom of Cernunnos
          to ensure that we are taking the proper course to her rescue.
          The forest will lead me to you once I have received my answer."

          Turning to Miklav, "I have brought danger into this place,
          but may our presence also bring healing to the forest."

          Strie'bog will allow any who wants to stay with him while he
          meditates to do so, he will then cast Wisdom (effective EL 2).
          He is looking for information on his mother, specifically
          whether the information provided about her location is correct.
          He will then go to find the others.

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [Time: 5:04pm]

          [As Pan'to and Unali disappear it was done without the
           usual blue haze a teleport seems to indicate.  The
           party has all seen Chion, Trembyl and Xian teleport.
           Chion considers the disappearance for a few seconds
           impressed with the magic.  But it was done in a blink
           of an eye.  Neither Pan'to nor Unali spoke a word
           indicating no verbal spell was cast.  As far as the
           party knew there was no magical item invoked as well.
           Which indicates they simply vanished.]

          [After Farseeker's comments Strie'bog places a hand
           on his shoulder and speaks.]

          Strie'bog: "The forest sees deeply into a person's soul
[...]

              about the Forestal's partner in guarding the great
              forests, the souls of these forests, the Green Ladies."

             [He looks at the party again,] "My mother is one of these
             daughter's of Cernunnos.  This is why her wounded heart
             becomes visible in the forest.  If she has been captured,
             it means that the entire forest is in peril."

             "First, some of us must reach Unali before she kills
              Pan'to. The forest is not place for a sole person not
              experienced in the forest wilds.  Second, I must seek the
              Wisdom of Cernunnos to ensure that we are taking the proper
              course to her rescue. The forest will lead me to you once
              I have received my answer."

          [Strie'bog turns to Miklav]
          Strie'bog: "I have brought danger into this place, but may
            our presence also bring healing to the forest."

          [As Strie'bog talks eyes dart from Miklav to Mertz the
           Elf Warlord who is still here.  The party is unsure why
           a Elf has a title of Warlord in a place of peace?  It
           must be a honor title only some figure.  As Strie'bog
           mentions the blight the forest Miklav is seen to wince
           slightly in a sign of a bad memory.]

          [As Strie'bog continues to talk about "soul of the forest"
           the party exchange looks unsure what to make of this.
           Strie'bog has been slightly vague in exact details of
           his mom and dad up till now.  But then again most
           strangers take a long time to talk about family.  In
           fact most of the party don't even know who has parents
           and who doesn't.  Arawn is implied to have gods as
           parents.  Some might consider that a drag trying to
           hide anything from a god as a child.  Ben'dar has not
           talked about his family much other than his clan.
           Chion, Farseeker, Trembyl and Unali has also not
           mentioned anything of their family.  Thig like most
           Faerry tend to be quiet on family matters.  Xian has
           mentioned his brother, Timon, at great length and
           stories of his dad and the murder of his dad.  But
           Xian has never mentioned a mother. At least once
           Z'leyra has eluded to a father and some minor details
           but not gone into great length.]

          [Then when Strie'bog mentions his mother being a Green
           Lady the party becomes transfixed.  Unsure of what
           a Green Lady is they know it to be some big title
           like that of the Forestal so must be implied of great
           importance.]

          [Arawn has heard of Green Ladies before.  Never met one
           in person but has heard of them.  Ben'dar, Chion,
           Farseeker, Unali, Trembyl, Xian and Z'leyra has never
           heard of them.  But Thig's mouth drops open in surprise.
           Mertz and Miklav show no expression as they already knew
           this long ago.]

          Thig: "A Green Lady?  She is a powerful being as the ...
            as Miklav is...She has magical ...great magical powers..
            that link her to this forest.  In fact if she leaves
            the forest I hear she will soon die from not being
            within it.  If this is so we must find her fast.  I've
            heard stories of them as a young Faerry just learning
            to fly well.   She is directly linked to the forest as
            it thrives or dies."

          [Thig considers his own words as the others digest this
           bit of information.  Thig thinks that a Green Lady is
           not your typical human but a supernatural being like
           Miklav.  But if Strie'bog's father was human and she
           a green lady that makes him....]

          Miklav: "The Green Lady is such a low word to outsiders
            to understand.  It sounds like she is a gardener.  But
            she is much more to this forest.  I rule and am linked
            to the Sacred Forest.  My domain is only a few dozen
            miles in area.  It is a place of peace and solitude
            for many.  But the Green Lady, the soul of the forest,
            is linked to the ENTIRE forest.  That covers many
            hundreds of square miles.  If the Green Lady is hurt
            or myself hurt the forest suffers."

          Trembyl: "So this is why it was unusual to see Goblins,
            Giants and a Kotothi shaman in the forest?"

          [Miklav gives a subtle sigh and slumps his shoulders.]
          Miklav: "Yes.  Though Goblins are common in places like
            this forest.  The Giants do tend to come from the
            other forests in the west.  While not rare it is
            uncommon.  A Kotothi shaman would not have gotten
            that far inside the forest without the Sentries and
            Druids doing something about it.  This makes sense
            why we are hearing reports of more intrusions into
            the greater forest by outside forces.  Even the
            encounter you had with the Humagi indicate the Humagi
            feel the forest can't stop them.  If the Soul of the
            Forest is captures it bodes bad for the forest.  The
            protection she conveys may be weaker or gone entirely."

            [He stands and leans against his staff and twists p to
             the now darkening sky avoiding any "eye" or in his
             case "socket" contact with others.]

            "I feel responsible for this.  I have been so busy
             with the Winter Solstice Ceremony I've not paid
             attention to the full evil going around me.  The
             forest usually works with me on these things as well.
             I do not blame it though.  Figuring the reports were
             just normal things I did not put it all together."
            [He turns and faces Strie'bog] "For that I am sorry.
            I pledge" [His eyes begin to glow their astral gray
            fire and seem to burn brightly] "that I will do all
            in my power to help you.  But the Solstice and forest
            requires me here.  I will seek communion with the forest.
            We have things to discuss." [He looks at the trees and
            bushes as if scolding the forest itself.]

          Xian: "So if Strie'bog's mother is linked to the forest
            if she leaves the forest it dies."

          [Mertz and Thig nod.]

          Farseeker: "Strie'bog I understand your words and while
            I may not understand the mystical ways of this plane
            I do understand things I can see.  Pan'to disappeared
            for being the one to attack us.  That I can understand.
            But Unali surely just because she put her hands on
            her dagger hilts?"

          Mertz: "I didn't realize this man, Pan'to, was hiding
            anything.  My daughter said she was struck by a wild
            lightning strike.  She was blown a few feet away and
            awoke to find him.  Do you thin man did it?"

          Xian: "If he had the spell to fly he likely has the family
            of spells for storms.  That would include lightning."

          [Mertz's face begins to darken and his eyes flash rage but
           he remains calm.]

          Miklav: "The Forest is quiet but I will find out where she
            and Pan'to was sent to.  I suspect she was sent out to
            avenge her attack."

          Thig: "Wait!  Excuse me. But I thought this place was
            neutral ground?  Why would it take a side like that?"

          Miklav: "That I do not know.  This has never occurred before.
            It will take time to consult the wood spirits and find
            more information.  It could be since the power of the
            Green lady is weak the forest may be confused."

          Farseeker: "'Confused?' But .." [He shakes his head] "I
            thought you ruled this place this Sacred Tree Area?"

          Miklav: "Rule is a misnomer.  I support.  I am in a symbiotic
            relationship with it.  Ultimately the Forest has a mind
            of its own in these matters."

          [Miklav turns to Strie'bog and lowers his voice.]
          Miklav: "You did not bring danger to the forest.  I sense
            if anything you have come at the right time.  Before
            I converse at great length to the forest I must hear
            more about this vision of yours.  Come let us talk and
            you can commune with nature yourself."

          Farseeker: "Ahh.  What about Unali?"

          Thig: "I suspect there is little we can do now until we
            learn where she has gone to.  Pan'to seems to have
            fooled the forest or the forest has fooled him which
            I don't know."

          Mertz: "Thig.  It will take time for them to do their
            thing with the forest and nature.  I suspect we
            still have time to go to the Hill.  Shall we?"

          Thig: "Yes.  Arawn why don't you join us?"

          [Mertz looks nervous not being able to warn the others to
           clean the place and prepare a formal reception for a Alfar
           but he can't refuse him either.]

          Mertz: "Yes.  This time of night the place will just be
            starting to get active."

          [Miklav turns and speaks to the rest.]
          Miklav: "I will send someone to take you to the local
            small village we have here.  You can set up camp
            if the time is long."

          [The party thinks of what has just been revealed.  Now
           it makes sense.  Strie'bog's light green colored skin
           and strange green/gray eyes....]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          2            5       Minor Damage

          GM: Strie'bog.  Will email you in a day or two what your
                 Wisdom spell shows if anything.
              Arawn - Join Thig/Mertz?

              Just a head's up.  The Wisdom spell will take hours.
              Likely past midnight.  So if the party is to leave
              it will be pitch blank.  So unless you guys or Strie'bog
              says to leave tonight (its sunset now) I will have
              to assume the party sleeps in the safe Sacred Forest.
              If that's the case then post actions you would like
              to do that night.  Discussions or questions or such.
              They can be directed at Vassily, Mertz, Miklav if
              you want or others.  This will get us ahead of things
              while I resolve the Unali issue.

              Unali - I sent email to you last Friday did you get it?
              If not let me know and I'll resend it.

           This is a small update.  This week is hectic for me.  Long
           work hours.  I didn't get much time to do this so had to
           make a short update.  But at least its out.  :)

           If you cast spells tonight keep in mind where you are.
           Casting Astral Fire or practicing Fireball for example
           might not be a good thing to do. :)

BTW if Anyone wants to join those in the Faerry Hill let me know.  You can join them.