[pnpgm] Game update #35 - File #160 - Forest/Foretal reacts...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Apr 13 08:46:17 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 235 in sequence (file #160)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra thanks Ben'dar for the bandages. She is polite and
          attentive to those we are introduced to. If some of the party
          want to mount a rescue operation for Strei'bog's mother she
          will volunteer.
        GM: Ack. Bandage exchanged from Ben'dar to Z'leyra.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn, upon seeing the man and Unali's actions, simply makes
          eye contact with the female warrior and gives the slightest
          of nods along with a knowing look.

          Arawn, his head wrap undone and his face exposed, seems to
          smile humorously when the elf kneels before him. His lips
          parted as he extended his hand to the kneeling figure, ready
          to help him to his feet. He knew what he was and all that it
          meant to be alfar yet he never felt the need for such
          spectacle. This made him an oddity among the Sidh, well known
          for the seriousness that etiquette demanded. But then he was
          always an odd little bird. But such an offer on his part never
          came to pass as Miklav quickly prodded the elf to his feet.

          Arawn waited as introductions were made and when Thig was
          offered the hospitality of the Faerry Hill he couldn't help
          but smile at the faerry's exuberance. The elf, Mertz, turned
          to Arawn just before escorting Thig to offer his service.
          Arawn looked him in the eye and smiled quietly before nodding
          and speaking.

          "Thank you Mertz. Your service and hospitality are much
           appreciated and will be remembered.  I will pay visit to
           the Queen in a short while and  perhaps I could have the
           pleasure of your company when I do so."

          Arawn waved a farewell to Thig and Mertz and then watched as
          Miklav the Forestal stepped forward to 'look' him in the eye.
          Arawn waited until the man was done speaking before replying.

          "Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. It is an honor
           to be here." Arawn became quiet for a moment as if
           contemplating or remembering something before he let his
           eyes wander back to the elderly man's face.

          "Perhaps you are right. Perhaps the Gods have sent me here.
           As to how I arrived, perhaps I could share that with you
           when we have settled in and have a chance to talk quietly."

           Arawn smiled warmly as he finished, somehow aware that the
           Forestal would be more than aware of it despite his darkened
           sockets.

           At that moment Stok chose to speak up, interrupting the words
           of the elder. Arawn smiled a greeting to the young acolyte
           after Miklav made his nature apparent. The smile disappeared
           quickly when Stok continued his story. There was much to be
           said but Arawn waited his turn to allow Strie'bog to speak.

           Along the way Arawn offers to cast Energy on anyone that
           needs their energy levels restored (Strie'bog?). He will
           also cast it on himself.
        GM: Ack.  I won't cast energy on anyone that doesn't say
            they want it.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar's eyes shift from Unali to the stranger she is staring
          at, wondering what the problem is.  He leans over to Chion and
          whispers a bet, '10 peices of gold that Unali kills him with
          her first attack?' When it is known that Strie'bog's mother
          has been kidnapped, he swings up onto Tef'wo and looks
          expectantly to Strie'bog.  'Let us be off! The hunt begins!'
          he growls.

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          [Time: 5:04pm]

            [Moments before the introductions...]

            [When Mertz does his bow toward Arawn.  Arawn reaches
             out a hand to help Mertz up but when Miklav prods him
             with his staff the Elf stands.  It seems such things
             aren't done here or maybe the Forestal doesn't play
             or tolerate those games.  Arawn is unsure.  But Arawn
             is slightly amused at the whole thing.  Then again
             he recalls Thig didn't show such reverence to him
             either when they first met.  Course it was after
             a battle but maybe Thig being more worldly doesn't
             go to the old customs.  Those who tend to be sheltered
             and left to their own lives tend to be like Mertz.
             If Mertz is the Sidh Warlord here as Miklav said he
             must not be too experienced if like the others he is
             sheltered at the faerry hill with the Faerry queen.
             Arawn makes mental note of this and gives a slight
             nod of acknowledgement to Mertz.]

            [After introductions Thig and Mertz start off to the
             Faerry hill.  But Arawn speaks to Mertz first.]

            Arawn: "Thank you Mertz. Your service and hospitality are
              much appreciated and will be remembered.  I will pay
              visit to the Queen in a short while and  perhaps I could
              have the pleasure of your company when I do so."

            [Those with Elf Sidh understand this exchange.]

            Mertz: "Of course!  We would be honored.  Give us some
              time to prepare a proper reception.  The Queen will
              need to get ready for such a rare honor."

            [Thig turns to the south away from Arawn and rolls his
             eyes.  He has seen how Varange the Lord Marshall and
             exulted Hero of the Faerry Everywhere in his own
             eyes acts and is reacted too by those who believe
             in his real and false reputation.  Maybe that's why
             he left the Wild Forest for such nonsense.]

            [Mertz turns north and both he and Thig start off.
             But then Thig whispers he needs to get something
             from his horse.  Miklav is introduced to Arawn
             by Strie'bog.  Arawn replies.]

            Arawn: "Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. It is
               an honor to be here." [Arawn became quiet for a moment
               as if contemplating or remembering something before he
               let his eyes wander back to the elderly man's face.]
               "Perhaps you are right. Perhaps the Gods have sent me
                here. As to how I arrived, perhaps I could share that
                with you when we have settled in and have a chance to
                talk quietly."

            Miklav: "I certainly don't speak directly to the gods.
              The forest I do.  To the simple people here around
              the forest I do.  If anyone would speak to them you
              of all people would have that privilege.  I see you
              wear the outfit of a druid yourself.  The Arch Druid
              will be here for the solstice ceremony.  This time
              of year there are many druids collecting in one place."
              [He stops and seems to look past Arawn toward the forest
              and then continues again.] "But recently the druids
              have been busy with other things.  As you have encountered
              strange shamans and giants in this forest are not common.
              Not rare but not common."

            [Then Miklav is given the report by Stok of Strie'bog's
             mother being kidnapping.  As soon as Ben'dar hears
             this runs back to Tef'wo and swings around to the
             party.  Pan'to reacts by stepping back shocked by
             this action and puts his hands down to his sides.]

            Ben'dar: "Let us be off! The hunt begins!' [he growls.]

            Farseeker: "I suspect we won't go far.  In less than
              an hour it will be night.  Maybe it would be good
              to stay the night and try to learn more details and rest?"

            Miklav: "Strie'bog you spoke of a vision?"

            [Miklav waits for Strie'bog to answer as he silently leans
             against his staff.  Pan'to shifts from foot to foot
             shifting his black eyes from person to person.  Stok
             who was giving Miklav a report looks down at his scrolls
             and pretends to read.  Clearly not used to the strangers
             he goes to what he is good at.  Stok shifts his papers
             in his hands waiting for his chance to finish his report.
             He occasionally looks up at Miklav clearly nervous now
             of the reprimand Miklav gave him moments ago.  The young
             human is not used to being dressed down in front of
             others and clearly shows it on his face.]

            [Strie'bog seems confused at Miklav how he can move from
             scolding Stok to introductions to hearing his mother
             has been kidnapped to asking about a vision in just
             a few moments time.  but then again he has never seen
             Miklav lose his head over normal things like stress or
             excitement.  Miklav clearly wishes to learn more before
             other things are discussed.]

            [At the same time Mertz and Thig walked to the horses of
             the party and bought them forward just feet from the
             party position now.  Thig grabs his bags so he can take
             them to the faerry hill.   At the same time Unali
             continues to stare at Pan'to with intense eyes and
             clenched teeth.  She can hear the horses approach and
             gets an idea.  Shifting from foot to foot she continues
             to keep one eye constantly on Pan'to.  With the other
             she spots her horse from the corner of her eye.]

            [Vasilly stands with hands clasped in front of him.
             He looks up at the sky and seems nervous.  Miklav
             notices this and grunts.]

            Miklav: "Go.  The night rituals I know.  Be well.
              Be healthy.  Be Wise.  Be just."

            [He says that in a slight monotone voice as if he has
             said it over and over for centuries.  Maybe he has?
             Everyone seems to understand his words still as the
             breeze blows through the clearing.  Vasilly bows
             and walks over to Strie'bog and pats his shoulder.]

            Vasilly: "We can talk later." [He says quickly then
              jogs eastward into the woods and is lost behind
              trees and bushes.]

            [Arawn being a Druid has heard of such rituals this
             time of year.  Various cultures have varying rituals
             but they tend to be some basic homage to all or some
             god out there.  But Arawn who is higher rank than
             Vasilly knows an acolyte would have the basic of
             duties in any such ritual to perform.]

            [Footing backwards Unali reaches her horse all the
             while keeping an eye on Pan'to.  She reaches for
             a bag and clearly searches for something.  The
             noise attracts some of the party.  Strie'bog doesn't
             look back at Unali but feels some may not be trained
             in the formal protocols in a meeting like this.
             Unali pulls out a small blue disk sized object
             from her bag and palms it.  She then closes her
             back and strides forward to the front of the party
             area.  Arawn looks at Unali and gives a slight nod
             knowing something as well.  But Unali doesn't see
             the nod as she keeps her face forward.]

            [Ben'dar watches Unali and Pan'to stare at each other
             for what seems like hours but only minutes.  He leans
             over to Chion and whispers a bet,]

            Ben'dar: "10 pieces of gold that Unali kills him with her
              first attack?'

            [Chion has also noticed the tension among the dagger
             warrior and the stranger.  But as his mind race at
             the various aspects of this place and the strange
             gray haired Forestal Ben'dar interrupts his thoughts.
             Chion being trained to notice how body movement and
             face reactions are like Thieves in their first year of
             a Guild, notices Arawn seems to know what is going on
             before the others do.

            GM: At this point a lot of behind the scenes stuff
              occurred.  Emails flew back and forth.  Thanks for
              those who helped out.  Unfortunately with the
              failure of Monday's update going out I got back
              logged with things.  The emails would've helped
              in the update on Monday.  But I felt that should've
              been seen first.  Since no one requested it be
              kept private I will detail that stuff below just
              so folks can understand what went on as players but
              may not understand, for awhile, as characters....

            [Now at the front of the party area Unali palms the
             small blue sized talisman she obtained and claimed
             on a previous encounter in the past.  She places it
             in her left hand always keeping her right hand on
             her dagger hilt. Pan'to continues to shift from
             place to place trying to watch the party and Unali.
             As Thig and Mertz walk off from the horses Unali
             known he has to get his attention.  She has no choice
             but to give a small yell "Thig!".  A second later she
             turns knowing that Thig would likely turn and gains
             eye contact with Thig.  A second later she draws back
             her eyes on Pan'to who has now moved a foot closer to
             Stok who is oblivious to the situation.  Thig and Mertz
             stare.  Mertz looks at Arawn rather than Unali.  Thig
             turns and begins to speak a question back to Unali. But
             before that Unali raises her left hand palm outward.
             Now Arawn, Trembyl, Thig and Farseeker see the object
             in her hand as a oval talisman of some sort.  Thig
             squints and watches as Unali palm out showing the
             object taps her left temple with her wrist twice.  She
             then lowers her arm and extends it toward Thig and
             then back toward her.  Thig considers this for
             a few moments unsure of the gesture.  Its not sign
             language as most Faerry seem to know.  But he never
             knew Unali knew it.  Then it hits him.  The talisman
             he identified it back in Clima?  It was a communicate
             talisman.  So she wanted to tell him something?  But
             what?  The head taps!  Unali must not want to say
             it out loud that could only leave a telepathic link.
             He has never used such a link to read minds of the
             party before.  Most humans do NOT like that.  He
             turns to Mertz.]

            Thig: "Just a second." [He whispers and then in a low
              voice speaks a few words of sidh.  He figures if
              Unali wants her mind read she is helping him to do
              so by opening her mind to him.  In most cases thoughts
              are scrambled unless there is a common tongue and
              both have that so it is a good thing.  He begins
              to get her thoughts...]

            Unali: "Thig, that man, Pan'to, is the one who tried to
              kill me at the cabin of Strie'bog's mother. He just made
              a death threat against me, here in the sacred forest.
              Tell Strie'bog first. Then let's discuss what to do."
              [The words flow only to Thig's mind and no one hears
               it.  Thig gives a quick acknowledgement "Right." back
               to her but he is unsure if the spell returned it in
               time before it ends.]

            [Unali stands and watch Pan'to seem to inch toward Stok.
             If he uses him as a shield it could be messy.  Unali
             also inches forward a few inches just enough to not
             surprise the man.  Thig considers the words.  Could
             Unali be wrong?  How could such a man be here in the
             Sacred Forest.  From what he knows and what Strie'bog
             has demonstrated in the invitation speech only those
             with good hearts are allowed here.  Could the forest
             be wrong?  Maybe Thig and Strie'bog are wrong.  Maybe
             the forest will admit anyone being neutral ground not
             caring who is bad or good.  Maybe as long as the forest
             admits that person or creature it feels they are worthy
             to be here.  But worthy for what reason?  Fate would
             have no influence on neutral ground.  Thig knows Fate
             works with rules after all...]

            [Thig quickly nods and turns to Strie'bog who is looking
             at Miklav.  To warn him out loud?  No.  Unali would've
             done that.  Wait!  Thig considers if Pan'to just threatened
             him then that means the wizard also has telepathic powers.
             That means he could read the party's thoughts before
             they react?   If only Jordi was here with his Mind shield
             helmet Thig made he'd be safe from reading mind.  Thig
             considers casting a mind shield spell but knows he must
             warn Strie'bog first.  He speaks another few words of
             sidh and casts his next spell toward Strie'bog.  This
             time Strie'bog is unaware of the need so is not helping
             in the spell casting.  The first spell fails but the
             second breaks through and makes contact with Strie'bog's
             mind.  He thinks his words toward Strie'bog.]

            Thig: "Unali has informed me Pan'to is the one who attacked
              her at the cabin.  We should all talk alone."

            [Strie'bog feels the itch in his brain and turns toward
             Pan'to over Miklav's shoulder.  He quickly reacts.]

            Strie'bog: "So that is the reason for the tension, but we
              can not just break off at present."

            [Strie'bog looks back to Miklav so not to bring attention
             back to himself.  Pan'to seems unaware of the silent
             conversation around him or is a good one to bluff.
             Strie'bog knows to show rudeness to a Forestal is kin to
             being rude to a dragon.  Not good for future health.
             But he also knows that Miklav is not the type to react
             badly against him.  After all Strie'bog is close to
             Miklav in so many ways.  Strie'bog is torn between actions.
             He has heard his mother has been kidnapped.  But on the
             other hand he knows she can take care of herself in
             most cases.  But this attack at the cabin throws naptha
             into the fire and makes things difficult.  If he runs off
             after his mom what of Pan'to and his plans?  Why is he
             here? The same thoughts Thig just had of the Forest and
             its invite policy goes through him.  He was always taught
             the forest here is neutral.  Outside it may take sides
             and react to threats.  But does it consider Pan'to a
             threat?  This is not heard of in his time in the Sacred
             Forest since childhood.  Then Strie'bog thinks of a way
             to check on this.]

            Strie'bog: "My friend and mentor, I see new faces among the
              circle.  If they be friends of the forest, then I would
              welcome them as my mother would, with open heart and
              hand."  [He will then turn to Miklav,] "But the vision
              that has brought me here is dark and foreboding.  I would
              commune with you with your consent."  [He will be watching
              Miklav, watching the behavior of the elf and others.]

            [At the Vassa words Stok looks up and nods.  While Strie'bog
             has not seen Stok before he knows the Forestal does have
             human friends who report things that go on in the forest.
             The forest is almost 1200 square miles and large for one
             being, even of Miklav's power, to oversee.  So he feels
             Stok is in the right place.  Mertz he knows and Vasilly
             he clearly knows.  So that leaves Pan'to.  Pan'to seems
             to understand the Vassa tongue and looks up.  A hand
             reaches up to his chin to scratch.  But Unali is aware
             of such a tactic to distract.  He notices Pan'to reach
             to his robe and shift something inside.  Unali keeps
             a wary eye out.  She places the talisman in her tunic
             when she hears Strie'bog translate his words to the
             party.  She feels the warning has been made to him and
             this to be a test.  At least she hopes it got to
             Strie'bog.]

            [Strie'bog waits for a reaction all the while thinking that
             things have certainly become interesting this afternoon.]

            [Miklav seems to forget his question about the vision and
             thin nods.  His own manners forgotten he grimaces and
             turns to Pan'to and Stok.]

            Miklav: "I am sorry.  Vassily you know.  To the others he
              is a Druid Acolyte here.  He went off to perform some
              Druidic functions.  Warlord Mertz" [He points to the
              Elf] "Is as I've said companion of the Faerry Queen."
              [Miklav then realizes no he just did introductions.
               So what is Strie'bog up to?  He turns to Stok]
              "Stok is here to report on the day's activities.
               Pan'to is a stranger to the Sacred Wood."

            [At this Strie'bog strides forward a few feet to Pan'to.
             Unali does not like this as Strie'bog could be in
             threat's range.  She also steps forward a foot when
             Pan'to looks away from her to Strie'bog.  Boyzdar all the
             while seems to just sit on the grass silent watching
             the whole scene oblivious to the situation.]

            Strie'bog:  [Extending an open hand] "if you are a friend
               of the forest, and thus a friend to my mother, I welcome
               you as she would, with open heart and hand."

            [Pan'to hears the words and straightens up tall.  Pan'to
             looks confused.  He clearly shows slight confusion at
             this confrontation.  He opens his mouth to speak but
             no words seem to come out.  He then closes his mouth
             and considers his words.  Strie'bog turns back to
             Strie'bog.  Unali cringes not good to turn your back
             on a threat.  Maybe Strie'bog didn't get her warning?]

            Strie'bog:  "But the vision that has brought me here is
              dark and foreboding.  I would commune with you in
              private with your consent."

            [A feeling of relief goes over Unali.  Maybe he did
             get her warning.  Miklav nods.]

            [Before Mertz and Thig walks away still standing nearby
             Mertz speaks up.]

            Mertz: "Bard Strie'bog Pan'to was invited by my daughter
              into the Sacred Forest.  She was wounded a day ago
              and he found her.  She needed help and was helped
              across the Threshold here after inviting him."

            [Pan'to smirks and nods and then does a full smile
             when Miklav turns around.  For the first time he
             speaks up in Vassa but Strie'bog seems to catch
             a slight northern accent.]

            Pan'to: "Yes.  She was hurt.  I helped her.  Many
              such distressed people might find they need my
              help in the future."

            Miklav: "Pan'to, Stok.  I will talk with Strie'bog.
              Stok is there anything vital to report?"

            Stok: "No.  Just the normal animal hunts and Vassa
              movements."

            Pan'to: "Fine.  it can wait.  Return later please."

            [Stok nods and rushes north the way Vassilly went.
             Miklav turns to Strie'bog.]

            Miklav: "That stuff sometimes bores me.  This vision
              sounds more interesting.  We will commune.  Pan'to
              can do as he pleases."

            [Clearly Miklav is not a typical "ruler" of sorts.  Most
             Kings feel they must dismiss their people.  He seems to
             ignore Pan'to and let him do as he pleases.]

            [Miklav waves his staff to the south and walks.  Strie'bog
             joins him as the old man seems to move fast for his age.
             Once out of earshot.  Strie'bog quickly tells of the
             vision of the forest turning from green to brown and of
             the lake as well.  Miklav nods.]

            Miklav: "Your vision may just be the normal passing of
              seasons." [He pauses and knows Winter is officially
              a week away.  The season change has already occurred.]
              "But it could be something else.  I will have our
              people check into it.  There are only four lakes in
              the entire forest of any great size.  Most ponds are
              not as large as your vision seems to indicate.  With
              the help of the Forest we will learn soon enough.
              But your mother is needed to be found quickly.  I
              don't have to explain that to you of all people.
              In some ways I'm glad you have returned to us but
              I'm sad to see you return on such circumstances."

             Strie'bog: "The one known as Pan'to concerns me Miklav.
                We were attacked at my mother's home.  Unali believes
                Pan'to was one of the attackers."  [Holding off any
                dispute,] "I must be sure.  My mother's life, and the
                life of this forest is at stake.  If there is any
                deceit in him, then he could be sending us into a
                trap at worst, or away from my mother at best."
                [He looks at Miklav,] "I want to run off, but your
                lessons ring in my ear.  The forest is not rash,
                and so neither should I.  The best course would
                be for me to seek the Wisdom of Cerunnos."

             [Miklav faces Strie'bog.  Strie'bog has seen the gray
              fire in the man's eyes before.  A sign of decision and
              judgement is being made.  So many times in his lessons
              those burning astral fire eyes seemed to burn into his
              own when he failed in some simple lesson.  At this
              movement Strie'bog feels 10 again and a rash boy who
              walked into a snake den before looking.  But Miklav
              turns to the party and eyes Pan'to.  Strie'bog realizes
              the fire is directed not at him.  Strie'bog knows he
              is a man now and much has been learned.  A sigh of
              relief crosses over him as he realizes Miklav is
              upset not at him.]

             Miklav: "He attacked you!?"

             [Miklav quickly begins to stomp back to the party the
              200 feet they walked.  Meanwhile Thig eyes Pan'to
              he knows he can't be reading Strie'bog's thoughts
              at this range.  Then Miklav turns to eye the party
              and Pan'to straightens up and nods.  Bowing he
              turns and walks north.  Unali steps two steps forward.]

             [At the same time as they stride quickly toward the party
              Strie'bog continues to talk between breaths.]

             Strie'bog: "You sent me into the world to find a cure for
                my mother, and in my journey's I have seen strange and
                even horrible sights.  But these journey's have also
                brought friends who I feel can aid my mother.  Most
                recent is Arawan.  His mended my broken spirit when
                my magic went wild, and he may be able to help mother.
                But has my mother's condition gotten worse?  It must
                have for so many foul creatures to walk the forest."

             [At this Miklav stops and turns around and whispers back
              to Strie'bog.]

             Miklav: "It comes and goes.  The Shamans and Druids have
               helped to placate it.  But I have noticed the forest
               seems to be losing its ...edge...we will discuss
               this later...." [He continues forward entering into
               the range of the party.  He sees Pan'to walking toward
               the tree line.]

             Miklav: "Pan'to stop!"

             [At this everyone turns to face Miklav but Unali only
              2 feet from Pan'to doesn't.  Pan'to doesn't turn around
              he places his left hand on his side of the robe but
              after 2 seconds finally turns around.]

             Miklav: "You were seen at the cabin of Strie'bog's
               mother?"

             Pan'to: "I...I...I don't know Strie'bog's..." [He
               stops and considers his words.  But Miklav interrupts
               him then.]

             [Now everyone realizes from Miklav's words who the man
              is and why Unali has been staring at him.  Unali
              gives a sigh of relief.  Chion turns to Ben'dar and
              recalls his comment on the bet.  Ben'dar grins and
              turns back to Pan'to.]

             Miklav: "Were you at the cabin and did you encounter this
               one here?" [He points his staff at Unali.]

             Pan'to: "I.." [Unali gives a smirk.  Pan'to looks
               around and he ponders his words.  He knows of the
               reputation of the Forestal.  But can they read the
               truth out of the air?] "I did." [Then his eyes
               seem to twinkle but Unali only notices this.] "These
               people were storming inside.  I saw them in the
               kitchen and thought them raiders and thieves.  I
               feared for my life and so ran to get help.  I came
               outside and found her standing there.  She drew her
               dagger and almost stabbed me right there.  I have
               this wound to prove it." [He draws down his shirt
               and shows where unali did stab him.] "I did not
               know Strie'bog at the time....I..."

             [Suddenly the breeze seems to pick up and stirs up
              clothes and hair all around.  The party notices the
              trees around them seem to shake and vibrate as if
              in a heavy wind storm of hurricane strength.]

             Miklav: "The fore-"

             [Suddenly Pan'to and Unali disappear.]

             Miklav: "-st has deemed you unworthy."

             Farseeker: "He attacked us!  He lies!" [He quickly
              speaks the words after Strie'bog translates the
              Vassa words.]

             Xian: "Where did Unali go?"

             Miklav: "The forest has deemed Pan'to a possible
               threat and has suspended his welcome here.  He
               is in the normal forest.  Unali seems to ...
               have gone with him."

             [Chion turns to Ben'dar and Ben'dar grins again...]

             Trembyl: "Has the forest judged Unali for trying to
               draw her weapons."

             Miklav: "It would seem so."

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          2            5       Minor Damage

          Sorry for no update Wednesday.  Friend from out of town
          visited.  But finally got this one out.  So still
          technically 2 updates this week :)  Some emails will
          be going out to folks.  But as you can see from comments
          from Farseeker, Arawn, Strie'bog and Unali lots of
          things happened behind the scenes and inserted here.  I
          had some trouble getting it all organized in a time
          fashion to ensure it was sequential.

          The people link file has been updated on the website
          that keeps tracks of names and folks encountered so
          folks can check it if they forget names.  It is at the
          bottom of the website.

          A short update but it took me 7 hours to write up believe
          it or not.  To organize and get it going.