[pnpgm] Game update #115c - File #434 - A library

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 22 06:25:22 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #115c  in sequence (file #434)

     Admin notes: None.

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

       [Time: 5:26am]

       [The meeting room looks to sit about 14 people maybe
        as much as 20 around the room.  There is a place for
        maps and other things to hang up but its empty now
        aside from the map on the table.]

                        ------------------

       GM: Wound Report

            Player      Damage Amount     Damage    Number of Magical
            Name      (% of Full Health)  Level     Healing Today
          Balrog            53%           Moderate       1
          Ben'dar           93%           Light          -
          Farseeker         56%           Moderate       -
          Xian              77%           Light          1
          Chion            100%           -----          -
          Trembyl           87%           Light          -
          Strie'bog        100%           -----          -
          Kasha             71%           Moderate       -
          Thig             100%           -----          -
          Unali             92%           Light          -
          Z'leyra           90%           Light          -

       GM: Farseeker is asking for Healing as well as Kasha.
         Balrog is in need but already got healing once.  If
         Z'leyra wants to assess his chances for a new healing she can.
         The light wounds probably could wait but if a player wishes
         to ASK for healing do so now.

       GM: The party is doing fairly well.  Better than I thought.
         But then again this was the easy part.  :)

       [The party exits the Meeting Room after a brief rest.
        The party decides to move south to a room they skipped.
        After 210 feet of hallway they find the door which is
        a nice iron one.  The door is unlocked and there is
        a torch besides the door itself.]

       Thig: "Wait.  Theres magic above the door.  Its some
         kind of ward.  It feels passive though.  It doesn't
         feel like it might hurt us."

       Farseeker: "You sure?"

       Thig: "As best I can tell."

       [Farseeker and Ben'dar open the door and enter the large
        chamber.  As soon as the door open its brightly lit
        from lanterns on the ceiling and north walls.  There
        is a table and a lot of book shelves.  From first
        impressions it looks like a library.  At about 90
        feet away is a female sitting in a chair.  She looks
        up from her book at the party as they enter the room.]

  [Library] - 130x60'   1234567890123
                       I-------------I    1 Column = 10 feet
                       I#.  .###L  .#IA   1 Row = 10 feet
   Party enters here ->/             /B   / = door
                       I]  []   []  [IC   # = Small table
                       I]  []   []  [ID   . Chair
                       I]  []   []  [IE   [] = bookcases
                       I]__[]___[]__[IF

         L=Lady in Chair

      [The lady in question is wearing thick clothing to keep
       the cold at bay.  She looks to be about 20.]

      GM: Express mode off.  We've done enough Express gaming
        at this point.  I'm tired.  :)  Keep in mind the above
        map and scale.  The bookcases stand about 6 foot high
        with 3 shelves in each.  The ones on the east/west walls
        are one sided while the two in the middle likely are double
        sided.  Many are lined with many books and scrolls.
        I did a 50/50 random roll to see where the party went
        and it was south.

      GM: Only spells still active are one Z'leyra is running
        in a passive way and Strie'bog's Blessing.  No other
        spells are active.  In case you haven't figured out
        the movement rate I'll reshow it:

        Thig (Fly), Farseeker, Trembyl, Ben'dar, Unali, Thig (Walk),
        Balrog, Z'leyra, Chion, Kasha, Strie'bog and Xian.

      GM: Level 3 explored so far will be on the game website.
        If not by the time you get this then by the weekend.
        Check the game site bottom link.

      Actions? Comments?

      Next update Monday....