[pnpgm] Game update #129b - File #483 - Party explores some rooms

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Oct 27 08:43:53 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #129b in sequence (file #483)

     Admin notes: None.

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [Time: 6:04am]

        [Meanwhile back at Caladan's village.]

           [Cetric finds Caladan and informs him of something.]

           Cetric: "Gib'borah has agreed. I think we should hold
             a feast for your friends on return.  Assuming they
             survive."

           Caladan: "I'm sure they will.  They are capable.  But
             many are weary of your poison last time."

          [Cetric looks down and shuffles feet.]

          Cetric: "I've explained that.  I was afraid the vision I
            saw was of your party and thus the village was at
            risk.  I didn't kill them with the poison just knocked
            them out to investigate."

          Caladan: "You mean you saw me and figuring not to anger
            my father you knocked out us instead of out right
            killing us?"

          Cetric: "For your respect I will answer that I did not
            want to harm you.  But I will not poison the food
            this time.  If they wish I will eat the first servings."

          Caladan: "I am hungry.  You know I miss some good old
            warm plain's bread with honey..."

          [They walk off to organize the feast.]

                        -----------------------------

        [Meanwhile high above the mountain where the castle is
         tucked inside...]

          [Chion falls free form for about 3 seconds.  As the
           ash of Ezam flies east with the wind it quickly
           blurs into the twilight sky.  At this height a
           couple miles up above the mountain the first rays
           of sun is barely visible and bouncing from the
           high clouds.  Pike and orange clouds are to the
           south and for the first time Chion gets a bird's
           eyes view of the mountains.  He glances behind him
           to the west where Woundenal's place should be but
           doesn't see anything but darkness.  Only far to the
           east the first tall spires miles away are showing
           some blue hues.  Below is darkness as the sun has
           not hit the deep valleys and slopes.  He recalls that
           Xian teleported when he caught Z'leyra falling from
           that flying ship in Clima.  So he knows its possible.
           He himself holds his arms down so as to keep aerodynamic
           and get a bit faster.  But he begins to speak the
           words of another teleport.  While he is not moving
           only his body is moving due to gravity so spells should
           be possible.  Three seconds later he finds himself below
           on a steep slope with woods down to his left about 100
           yards down.  He holds his feet to ensure not falling and
           looks up.  At this height its dark but he sees glints
           of metal falling which might be coins.  The chance of
           finding coins and items spread out is slim so he decides
           to cast a detection spell or two.  Chion waits a few
           seconds and then sets foot in the area looking for the
           treasure Ezam had on him.  He finds a few gold coins.
           He casts some detection spells to find first the sapphire
           ring.  It takes him about 2 minutes to find the magic
           which is about half a mile away in the dirt.  Chion picks
           it up and examines it.  He pockets so the others can
           figure it out later.  He wonders how the others are doing.
           He then recalls the metal tint of a small object and so
           casts more detection spells for metal.  After a series
           of trial and errors it takes another 2 minutes to find
           the metal hanging from a tree.  It looks like a small
           necklace.  He shakes some of the limbs and it falls to
           the ground.  He holds it up and examines the odd necklace.
           He then pockets it and casts Teleport again.]

                        -----------------------------

        [Meanwhile back in the castle hallway outside Ezam's office.]

          [Unali walks over to the prisoner.  Without a second's
           thought she knocks him out and sheaths her daggers.]

          Farseeker: "Where were you Z'leyra?"

          [Z'leyra explains where she went and was attacked by
           the priestess.]

          [Farseeker draws up his sword.]

          Farseeker: "Let's go.  We need to figure out where they
             came from. Make sure no one else is coming."

          [Farseeker, Kasha, Ben'dar, Thig, Unali and Trembyl
           head down the hall while the others tend to the others
           in the hallway.  Going south they find the empty room
           and its door now open which they had closed when Teed
           called them.  They enter and find it empty again.  Thig
           figures this must've been the room the trap was set but
           he didn't detect them before.  The walls are checked
           for secret passages and none are found.  The small
           group goes further south and finds another door and
           its stairs that lead down to the 2nd floor.  this
           must've been where they came from or had been waiting
           all along and then came into the empty room while the
           party was in Ezam's office.  From the small area of
           the stairs it seems to be a private hidden stairs down
           to the 2nd floor.  The small group leaves and rejoins
           the others.]

          [Z'leyra checks the wounds on herself and others and
           bandages any wounded.  She bandages herself and casts
           a healing spell on herself.  Balrog and Farseeker have
           both been healed twice in the last couple hours but
           Balrog is worst off and Farseeker is in good shape.]

          [Torches are placed at the secret passage entrance to
           this hallway and the stairs door to make sure no one
           enters that isn't seen.  The party discover another
           door to the north of the office.  Kasha reaches for
           the door when Thig yells and stops him.]

          Thig: "The door has a ward on it.  Stop.  Its powerful.
            Its probably anti-entry."  [Thig examines it and
            determines its alignment and relative strength.  He
            casts a dispel spell on it.  The first one fails
            and he retries and the second one works.]

          Thig: "Its gone."

          GM: It was a Ice Blast anti-entry ward :)  Too bad thig
            was there or Kasha would've taken about 9 points.  Dang.

          [The party enters the room and finds small candles lit in
           the corners.  Its a empty bedroom.  Likely Ezam's private
           chambers.  There is a bed, desk, drawers, couch and
           some chairs.   The room is searched.]

  [Master Bedroom] - 100x90'   1234567890     1 Column = 10 feet
                              I----------IA   1 Row = 15 feet
                              I###  @@@ ,IB   * = Large bed
                              I .      **IC  , or ` = small cabinet
                              [        **ID   ### = Desk
                              I]        `IE   @@@ = Dressor/Drawers
                              I]__.__.___IF    ] = Couch
                                               . = Chairs

          [half the party examine the bedroom while the other
           examine the office.  Some keep sentry duty.  About
           four minutes later Chion returns and teleports into
           the corner of Ezam's office. ]

          GM: Treasure found in the office.  Keep in mind this
           all will be put in the final treasure report so
           no need to take notes yet.

          [Bookcase - 3 books found.]
            1. Book - Marentian culture text
            2. Book - Katai culture text
            3. Book - "Szar Metai, Prince of Sivas" [Merchant
               autobiography it seems.]

            Scrolls in bookcase or desk-

              1. Castle Inventory
              2. Chemical scrolls (3) it seems
              3. Medicinal text
              4. Old proclamation (unreadable by language)
              5. Another unreadable proclamation
              6. It looks like 7 assorted possible spell scrolls but
                 unreadable.  Runes give their clues.
              7. 3 coded scrolls have to be decoded to figure out language
              8. 5 map scrolls that could be treasure maps [need to be
                 studied to determine values]
              9. Marentian Province map of northern province
                 of Cholchara.
             10. Thaliba national map
             11. 2 (1 poor and 1 high quality) world maps

           GM: When I post the entire treasure report we can figure
             out who gets what then.

           [Ezam had magical ring and the necklace on him.]

           GM: The bedroom -
             A talisman is found that seems magical.
             Banded Shield, Sling projectiles (12), 40 GC (bag)
             and a flag.

           [The flag seems strange since no one has seen it before.
            Maybe it is some vampire flag? If they have such.]

           GM: The Priestess -
             91 SC [L'p'nth], War Staff, 2 daggers, Brigidine Armor,

           GM: BTW she had spells Camuflage, Psychic Hammer,
             Weaken, Animal Disruption, and Thorns.

           GM: Teed's body - dagger, leather and 3 small jewels.
             They will be classified on master treasure report
             but none look magical quality.  Oddly enough
             he was also carrying a sack that he kept where he
             was standing in Ezam's office.  Inside are 3 silver
             bars.

           [Chion explains what happened to Ezam and what he
            found.  Thig examines the ring and will have to
            figure out its purpose later.]

           Thig: "It makes sense now.  The girl wanted to die
             likely to be blood...or food for Ezam.  She
             probably was forced or compelled into it.  That
             explains the keg with blood in the ritual room.
             It was likely his feeding room as well. "

           Xian: "Was Teed and the others his thralls?"

           Thig: "I don't think so they might not all have known
             he was a vampire.  Maybe only a couple of the
             elite.  Teed probably knew and didn't care.  Maybe
             he was promised eternal life if he worked long
             enough for him.  That's common."

           Trembyl: "But why was he in charge here?"

           Farseeker: "There have always been rumors the leaders
             in L'p'nth may have worked closely with vampires
             to do their bidding.  Maybe this goes with their
             long life some suspect them to have.  Maybe they
             gave this place to Ezam to rule and go with his
             plan to push him away from their cities.  I doubt
             he was truly in command though.  Any number of
             the priestess could've been spying on him and
             giving reports back to their leaders."

           Thig: "So his plan was to take the claw which led to
             the trap Z'leyra was in.  I didn't know the claw
             was bought here." [He glances at Ben'dar] "How
             he knew it would come but he did.  He figured it
             would and set the trap for us.  Luckily Z'leyra
             was able to escape.  If not the claw might've fell
             into their hands.  He wanted the claw to do
             more things.  It sounded like to form an army of
             Zen'da to fight Zen'da.  Maybe Ezam had learned of
             the blue bugs as well and sought the claw to control
             the bugs and thus an entire army.  The Boyva would've
             likely administered that army and raids all the other
             tribes and increasing their numbers through the claw
             and the bugs.  A vicious cycle." [He glances at
             Ben'dar] "He could've gotten away with it if we
             had failed here.  Which we almost did."

           Farseeker: "He was too overconfident in his plan.  Maybe
             he didn't think Z'leyra had it but one of the
             others of us?"

           Trembyl: "That creature Xian saw and that looked like
             the statue.  It apparently detected who had the claw
             and which to teleport to the trap.  Maybe Kaylle knows
             more about these creatures.  Maybe when the statue
             was destroyed it left here.  I hope."

           [Thig comes over to Z'leyra to inspect her from foot to
            head.  Z'leyra looks confused.]

           Thig: "The boots you changed?" [Z'leyra shakes her head.]
             "Well then they are no longer magical.  I sense nothing
             from them at all like I did before.  Everything else
             seems the same."

           Xian: "That's where the creature bit onto her boots and
             took here.  The creature drained the magic?"

           Thig: "I've heard of demons doing that before."

           [The party inspect Ezam's desk but with the spilt ink
            the papers are covered in ink and hard to read.  They
            will have to be deciphered later by someone who can
            read the language.]

        [Time: 6:11am]

          GM: Now you know why I did time every few minutes to
            keep track of Ezam's duties :)

          [As the party inspects the two rooms.]

          Farseeker: "Wait!  Chion said there were cells on the
            first floor.  If that's the case the prisoners must've
            been food as well for Ezam!  How many could've died
            here before?  We should head down and free any prisoners
            down there."

          [The party gathers up gear and readies to head down.]

          Farseeker: "Balrog your hurt too bad.  You almost died
            here.  Why not stay on level 2 and gather up the
            prisoners since some could wake up in a short while
            from being knocked out."

          [Balrog who looks pale and with wounds in various places
           and bandages all over looks at the party.  He nods
           and agrees.]

          Kasha: "I'll stay with Balrog and help pick up the
            knocked out prisoners into one place."

          [Ben'dar, Chion, Farseeker, Thig, Strie'bog, Trembyl,
           Unali, Xian and Z'leyra to handle level 1.]

      GM: Ok.  Level 3 is finished.  I will do over the weekend
        the express mode on level 1.  it has already been
        explored so its just a matter of killing or taking prisoners
        from level 1.  I will also work on the treasure and
        other experience reports. They are about 90% finished
        already.  There will be a lot to read on monday likely.
        Maybe by Friday next week the party can be ready to leave.
        But I doubt it.  We'll need to figure out what treasure
        is taken.  Chion might have to do 2 trips if he wishes
        to take everything.  If you guys have specific actions on
        combat or how to destroy the castle or such let me know.
        Otherwise combat will be fast and random.  I won't do
        spells but just basic combat.  I suspect no danger unless
        someone gets a lucky hit :)

     GM: So Maps to update, treasure, experience, wounds, equipment
       and time reports to finish.  And clean up level 1.  Stay
       tuned on Monday....I had hoped to do more tonight but
       only got 30 min to bedtime so will work on it this weekend.

     GM: BTW the ash thing with Ezam - Richard himself said he
       forgot to add that part to the rules.  It was solid by
       the book based on his email reply.  Though I did it a bit
       too fast should've taken a full turn :<

     GM: We are about 97% done with the adventure.  I will likely
       remove Adventure #1 from the website since its just taking
       up website space.  So if you want to get stuff from it
       do so now.  Though I will always have it archived if needed.

     If any questions/comments please let me know.

     Actions? Next update Monday.