[pnpgm] Game update #86 - File #315 - Tracking Ends/Plans Begin

Robert A. Maxwell rmax at mindspring.com
Tue May 30 16:43:13 CEST 2006

"Hold friends.  I have remembered more from what the Gods showed me.  The ones who first weilded the claw were strange tattooed people.  I do not know who they were, but they were not from the plains.  The Zen'da who fought them circled around trying to find the limit of the Claw's power.  They kept attacking and circling, I don't know how many died, but they would retreat and then advance.  In doing this though, they found that the power of the claw could extend to almost a half mile, maybe a third of a mile."

Looking at Ben'Dar, "I believe the horses will fall to the power of the claw as we approach.  I am not sure, as there were so many animals attacking, but the horses did not always obey when they came within the reach of the claw's power.  As I mentioned, my songs may soothe the animals near us, but then the horses would be worthless in battle."

"I say we leave the horses back, and if possible attack from a distance.  I know that we have good bowmen and powerful magics to help us.  The other option is to try to get in to the thief's camp and take the claw without being noticed, but if he has gathered animals, they could sniff out any one unseen.  And as for a night attack, many animals are unhindered by darkness.  Most of us are."

"One of the gifts of my mother is the power to translocate people.  While I am not greatly skilled at it, I could try to move a group in close to the theif.  Chion, this would leave you with power to fight and return those who go.  Before then, I could ask for a vision from the Gods to locate the theif's exact position for the translocation."