[pnpgm] Talk w party and village

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Mar 18 21:19:10 CET 2006

Z'leyra, on the way back to the village had introduced Ben'dar to Corona
the eagle and Corona to Ben'dar. She will also advise and help him on
treating/tanning the wolfskin. She will also try to determine if the
missing rider left anything that can be used to track him via a tracking
spell.

[Z'leyra mentions to Corona that while she can travel in time, it has to
be done very carefully and in some circumstances cannot be done without
disaster.]

When she hears of the deaths at the village Z'leyra bows her head.

At the village Z'leyra allows Ben'dar to say what happened. She will
then add her deductions. "Apparently the rider knows magic well enough
to convince distant observers that he changed into a hawk and to go
invisible or teleport. Likely teleport as he no longer had a horse to
ride nor did I find his tracks. He had amazing control over wolves and
birds...such control that I did not want to risk my friend Corona
<indicating the eagle> or even myself in eagle form. That the birds
ceased their attack upon us is a clue suggesting that he teleported far
enough away so that the birds were outside his range of control."

"We may guess that he is L'p'nth and seek to intercept him. If he is not
a strong wizard he may not be able to teleport all the way back to the
border. Perhaps we can get ahead of him and ambush him. He may be
walking, he had to leave his horse behind. He may have convinced or
forced some animals to accompany and guard him."

"Tracking by skill someone who teleports is a waste of time. One needs
amazing luck as well as skill as only a couple footprints may be found
per mile...and one doesn't know in which direction or distance those
footprints might be found. Tracking by magic may be possible, but must
be done soon if at all. I suggest we bring a strong enough force with
the tracker to deal with a number of dangerous animals as well as the
wizard. The downside to the tracking spell is that the caster is
compelled to track, this can be dangerous, particularly if the rider has
made it all the way to the royal castle in L'p'nth."

<If she has found items likely to be useful in tracking the rider she
will use Orient Self and a Perception spell w staff to determine if it
would be useful. If  yes then she will volunteer to cast the tracking
spell.>