[pnpgm] discuss healing Caladan

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Fri Jul 21 20:36:59 CEST 2006

Z'leyra will ask the rest of the party and Cetric "What special healing
abilities or items do you have? Caladan has taken so much damage that no
one spell of mine will come close to leaving him breathing on his own,
but if one of you is capable of a really high skill in Regeneration or
something like that we may be able to avoid the shock to his system that
multiple healing magics would bring."

"He may already be dead. His spirit may have left his body. Or it might
not have. We do have a chance to heal the damage, or at least heal
enough of the damage so that he can live if his spirit is still with his
body. He is outside of time until I recall him or until two moons pass
in which case he would reappear exactly as he was when he disappeared."

"I have never tried it before, but I may be able to maximise any healing
magic by having a Time Stop spell cast on Caladan when he is brought
back...do the healing skills that I can - if I can while the Time Stop
is in effect and then have the healing magics do what they can to heal
his body to a point where Caladan can live. If he had been the only one
needing healing I would have tried it without doing the Oblivion spell."

"There is no guaranty that we will be able to heal Caladan. But I shall
try. If we wait for the two months I will have time to improve my
healing spells which should slightly increase the chance of success. But
if one of you can do enough healing in one spell the delay may not be
necessary. We may be able to try it in the morning after I have rested."