[pnpgm] Game update #4 - File #12 - Party continues travelling...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Dec 15 06:34:13 CET 2006

  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #4 in sequence (file #12)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar suggests, "Maybe one of our spellcasters could turn
          me invisible and and I could investigate this army before
          they get too close?"

          He secures his spear and pike on Tef'wo and readies his bow
          and arrows...just in case.

          Ben'Dar will take advantage of these days on horseback to
          practice his Horsemanship skill.
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Random thoughts as he rides along:

          I'm enjoying the restful nature of riding his horse. I have a
          new appreciation for the creatures since I learned to ride and
          I'm looking forward to the days when I might be as sure in the
          saddle as Caladan and others (even though caladan is not here).
          It seems fitting that I'm the slowest member in the party,
          since this balances out my teleportation abilities.

          (Looking down at the ring) What it would have been like had I
          taken the vampire up on his offer. Would I be a pawn or would
          I be a full vampire? Could I still use all my magics or simly
          the chaotic spells? I figure I would probably just be a paid
          assassin for some vampire hoard and it is probably better this
          way.

          Ezam must know other vampires, he was very old perhaps. I wonder
          if any names will turn up in the notes we captured. I don't
          think that only being able to use chaos magic is a very balanced
          approch to the afterlife. Of course having hoards of vampires
          trying to kill you probably isn't either. This is part of the
          reason I'm going to start  eating with my friends each day
          while my mana regenerates. I wonders  if the reason Unali
          mentioned me wooing her is because she's attracted  to me.
          Probably not. It seems odd that when I first met this band I
          nearly killed most of them.

          I'm happy with the choice not to. Seems like a person should
          have some friends in life. That certainly was missing from my
          childhood. What with the constant training to kill people and
          then the constant magical arts training. The constant fists
          into the rice bowl until my young hands were as tough as a
          sheet of steel. Of course the raw burger fists came first.

          Before they could penetrate a sheet of steel if struck right.
          Man that had hurt. Not much to see out here on the plains.
          Grass. Hills. More grass. A few animals, but no real creatures.
          If we meet a huge beast like the one the tribe had a treaty
          with should we kill it or let it live? Hmmm. What if its as
          unfriendly as the last one. What's this? An army of about 100.
          I wonder where they are headed in winter. That seems odd that
          they should move at the end of summer. Highly unusual.

          They will probably attempt to take our food and then I'll have
          to start casting my spells again. Well, at least I'm feeling a
          little recharged...

          "So, does anyone know why an army might be moving during the
           cold seasons? Perhaps we should steer clear."
        GM: Ack.  Glad it was random mental thoughts :)  Glad they
          were rhetorical as well so I don't have to answer. :)

                        -----------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Yes, Z'leyra tells the party what Corona said.

          Z'leyra smiles and replies to Ben'dar "Invisibility is a spell
          that most spellcasters that know it can only cast to keep
          someone invisible for a few moments. Good enough to scout a
          room, but not long enough to scout an army. Currently I can
          only cast it to last five minutes."

          "We are still in Zen'da territory so the most likely army
           would be of Zen'da, with whom we should be safe enough. If
           it isn't     Zen'da well...we might have a large fight on
           our hands. I will     go scout for myself. I should be back
           soon."

          With that she dismounts, handing the reins to Ben'dar, strips -
          piling her gear on her horse, turns into an eagle and flies
          off (with Corona) towards the army.
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: More actions]
          Z'leyra will quickly head towards the army explaining to
          Corona as she goes "Having spent much more time around humans
          I may be able to spot some of the little differences that tell
          if humans are from a particular tribe or other. I don't want
          to get too close, just a circle at altitude over the army and
          perhaps a lower circle if I can't be sure from the first
          circle. Both staying out of range of their missile weapons."

          "Then we fly back (at first flying away in a different direction
           if the army is not Zen'da) and I inform the party if these be
           friends or potential foes."

          "It is nice to fly with you again."
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Seeing Z'leyra fly off to scout the army, Ben'Dar will use his
          plains survival to find a place for the party to take cover.
          Maybe it isn't possible on the flat plains, but if it is, he
          will tell the party, "We should find a place to conceal
          ourselves or at least a more defensible position in case this
          army attacks us.
        GM:  Ack.

        GM: Website update:
            Another file added the Adventure #3 Summary Timeline link.

        [Day 68 - Back at the River near Caladan's Village.]

           [Unali and Katarn discuss the prices for the leather
            made items.  Its clear Unali likes black and it is more
            expensive to make and find.  Katarn is slick enough to
            know this but not a great haggler.  Unali tries to bring
            down the price by 8 copper at first.  But Katarn says
            it costs more to make in the wild and he must make some
            profit.  The haggle talk continues for almost 5 minutes.
            Finally Unali gives her final offer of 2 Silver and 5
            Copper for the 3 sets of black leather jerkin, pants and
            the one vest.  Also included in the deal are the gauntlets.
            But Katarn threatens to remove the gauntlets from the deal.
            Its clear Katarn knows the party is going into further
            cold and Unali needs the furs so he has her over a barrel.
            Just when Katarn pretends to pocket the gauntlets in his
            bag Gidwani shows up.  Gidwani inquires about the deal
            and Unali explains.]

           Gidwani: "I don't know about the coins or value.  But I
             know I'd hate to have to inspect all those sacks for
             properly sanctioned furs and animal skins?" [With a
             slow turn of his head he waves for a Zen'da warrior to
             come over.  At this Katarn becomes nervous and brings
             the gauntlets back out.  Katarn considers the threat
             maybe as a bluff then relents seconds later.]

            Katarn: "Fine fine.  No need to do that we are in a hurry.
              You may have them for your price of 2 silver and 6 copper."

            [Unali explains it was 5 copper.]

            Katarn: "Oh sorry I mis heard you." [With a wry smile he
              hands over the clothing to Unali with a obvious show
              of displeasure for loss of the profit.  Katarn storms
              off to pretend to help others.]

            Gidwani: "I knew that word sanction would come in hand
              someday.  Caladan taught me that one.  We don't have
              a word for it in our language. But he knows if we
              were to inspect his goods we might find things we don't
              allow them to trap."

         [Novehas 13th, 74th day since left Marentia, 9th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Time: 9:25am]

          [As Corona lands he explains via the Eagle squawks and
           sounds to Z'leyra.  Z'leyra quickly translates the
           information to the party.  Ben'dar gives his suggestion
           on scouting via invisibility.]

          Xian: "Z'leyra is right.  Invisibility only last minutes.
            By the time you get there it would wear off and you
            could be seen by a patrol."

          Chion: "So, does anyone know why an army might be moving
            during the cold seasons? Perhaps we should steer clear."

          Farseeker: "They could be moving from a post to another
             post or going to their homes.  Since there is no single
             organized military the Zen'da have they could likely
             be going home for the winter.  They'd see no reason
             to man a fort or outpost during winter time when no big
             force can travel well."

          [Z'leyra talks to Corona for a few seconds.  She then dismounts
           and places her gear onto the horse.  She explains she will
           scout by turning into a eagle.  She undresses off all her
           clothing and jewelry.  The rest of the party has seen her
           change before but Strie'bog hasn't.  The party gives her
           privacy as she does this.  As Z'leyra in eagle form takes
           to the sky with Corona the others figure out their plans.]

          [The party is about a 3rd of a mile from the river on their
           left (west).  To the east about 18 miles are the hills
           in a blue haze too far to hide there.  At this time of day
           the sun is about 50 degrees up to the right in the east
           but is clouded over.  Ben'dar looks the area over and recalls
           some tall plains bushes back about a mile.  Ben'dar leads
           the party back in that direction to hide from view.  Trembyl
           explains if the army comes close he can setup some
           illusions.]

          [As the party goes south the eagles fly NW toward the army.
           They gain height going up to about 580-600 feet.]

          Z'leyra: (Eagle speak) "It is nice to fly with you again."

          [As the two eagles near within a mile both eagles begin
           a wide angle to circle the army.  At 600' feet the two
           eagles can only see the large group.  No great information
           is determined except which are on horses or foot.  Some
           wagons are seen.  But no great detail at this height.  The
           two eagles begin to circle lower and lower to 300 feet.  At
           this height the birds can see about 40 horses and the rest
           seem to be walking.  Z'leyra decides to lower again.  She
           flies to the east away from the bird then angles back and
           toward the army.  Both birds lower to 160-150 feet.  They
           quickly fly over the eastern edge of the army.  As they
           get within about 50 feet of the edge of the army more
           detail is seen.  The weapons seen are spears, bows (on
           backs), lances and sheathed scimitars.  From the placement
           of weapons the army is clearly not ready to fight but in
           a standard moving fashion.  From their march Z'leyra realizes
           they are going normal walking speed rather than a forced
           march or hurried walk.  From their clothing they are wearing
           furs and heavy leathers.  None of the men are wearing helmets.
           In the back of the army are 5 wagons the size of the wagon
           the party took to the riverbank.  They are covered with tarps
           and look to be full.  From the backs of them looks like
           sacks or bags.  Four horses are pulling each wagon indicating
           large weight of possible supplies.  These are tanned and tall
           warriors.  There looks like there might be 2-4 females with
           the army as well.  Maybe cooks?  They are sitting together
           on horses near the wagons.  Satisfied both eagles take to the
           air and head south then away from the army move south-west
           toward the party.  Z'leyra spots one lone rider ahead of the
           army about 2 miles out heading south-west.  Probably a forward
           scout.]

          [Knowing the army won't be moving far by foot most armies might
           walk only 10-12 miles.  Forced marches might go further but
           at their speed they won't.  Thig flies up to escort the
           birds back to the new site of the party.  Z'leyra lands
           with Thig as Corona circles a bit more then lands.  Z'leyra
           dresses as the cold quickly gets to her.  After the shivers
           soon end she tells the party what she saw.]

          Farseeker: "There you go.  I talked a lot with Gidwani on
            some information about the northern tribes of the Humagi
            we'd probably encounter going to the forest.  They
            are shorter people and tend to like helmets.  Based on
            your description it was likely a Zen'da army.  Gidwani
            didn't mention having any forts in the north eastern
            hills by the river but they could have. It sounds like
            the force is going home to their villages in the south
            from some now abandoned outpost.  They are likely Zen'da
            so we shouldn't have to fear them with our passes."

          Trembyl: "Sounds like its going to take them another two
            weeks to get to down where we were.  There are probably
            villages closer to here."

          [The party figures the army will be in the area for another
           seven or eight hours before making camp.  They are still
           five miles away and moving south west while the party moves
           north east.  Since going in opposite directions the party
           should be safe.  Plus they are on the western side of the
           river which is a half mile wide in this area.  From the
           scouting they had no canoes or other boats being carried
           that it was seen in the open.  The party mounts up and
           moves down the river upstream.]

          [Seven hours later the party makes camp near the river with
           the hills still many miles away.  By this point its estimated
           the army should be 19-21 miles away.  It should be safe to
           make a campfire with no worries.

          [Later that night...]

          [Due to the army 2 sentries are posted.  At this point
           Thig and Farseeker are up.  Thig is flying around the
           area while Farseeker remains in camp.  After 1:15am
           both are on duty.  Farseeker is doing a perimeter search
           of the area.  The camp is in a wide open area with the
           river to the west.  Little bushes are in the area but
           nothing taller than a human's shoulder.  No trees in
           the area.  Farseeker is standing with fire to his back
           and sword in sheath when he spots the white of a face
           near a bush.  He doesn't turn his head to draw notice
           but keeps an eye on it.  The person dashes from one
           bush to another.  When he does Farseeker sees the person
           is small.  He places a hand on his great sword but does
           not draw it.  Suddenly the small person crawls into the
           camp about 30 feet to the right of farseeker.  Farseeker
           has to turn his head slightly to see him.  The person
           uses a sleeping horse as cover.  Then campfire shines on
           the person and Farseeker sees it is a boy maybe a teen.
           The boy crawls then kneels.  Farseker doesn't call the alert
           yet.  He knows the tactics of most folks.  This could
           be a distraction so he keeps an eye out to the surrounding
           bushes for others.  The boy sees a sack and crawls to it.
           The boy opens it to search for something.  Farseeker then
           steps back 3 paces and then turns to the camp.  He quietly
           walks toward the boy who is by Unali's tent.  The boy seems
           to find a piece of cheese and eats it quickly.  Farseeker
           raises a hand.]

          Farseeker: "Hey you!"

          [The boy doesn't seem to listen and chews faster.  Then
           he sees Farseeker getting closer.  He scurries back and
           then raises to his feet.  But Farseeker is quicker
           and gets to him and grabs his arm. ]

          Farseeker: "Hold it there!"

          [Farseeker looks to the boy then quickly around the camp
           edges for others.  Where is Thig?]

          [The boy tries to free himself and grunts.  He kicks
           Farseeker in the boots but does nothing to Farseeker
           to harm him.  Farseeker comes around and holds him
           in an bear hug.]

          Farseeker: "Whoa there!  I won't hurt you."

          [Strie'bog wakes as the wolf near him stirs to the noise.
           The wolf growls but doesn't bark.  Strie'bog comes to
           help Farseeker after grabbing his warmer clothing.]

          [Suddenly to the north of the camp a female voice is heard.
           A struggle is heard then a slight scream.  Strie'bog
           grabs his bow and an arrow.  Farseeker loosens his grip
           to turn to the noise and the boy frees himself and runs
           north when Z'leyra stops him with a arm grab.]

          [Out of the darkness a female runs into the camp with
           a flying Thig on her heels. The female runs to the boy
           and begins to hit Z'leyra in the arm to free the boy.
           Z'leyra startled realizes this could be the boys mother
           and a mother's wrath can be bad.  With a fingernail
           scratch Z'leyra releases the boy and both embrace each
           other.]

          Farseeker: "No one is going to hurt you."

          [The female looks around the camp obviously scared.  She
           turns to see Thig land with wings out.  She steps away.
           Thig realizes this might be frightful for those who
           don't know Faerry.  He folds his wings and walks to his
           tent to leave the scene to calm her.]

          Thig: "No one else out there but her moving toward the camp."

          [With the horses to the female's back and the boy in her
           arms she looks at each person.]

          Female: [In Zen'da] "We will leave.  He didn't mean to
            steal.  Don't hurt him."

          Farseeker: "No no.  He can have the cheese.  We have
            more.  We found a small rabbit yesterday we still have
            some meat left?  Come we won't hurt you."

          [Chion, Xian and the others wake to the noise.]

          Female: "We can't.  We will leave."

          Xian: "It is okay.  He is hungry we have plenty."

          [It takes another 10 minutes to persuade the female who
           looks in her 30s to enter toward the campfire.  Still
           shivering she is given some water as the rabbit meat
           is warmed on a heating iron.  The boy eats the meat
           fast and furious but she gnaws at the food cautiously.
           Unali sits near her to be conscious reminder of another
           female in the camp as well as Z'leyra.  Both adult and
           boy are quiet for some time then Xian speaks.]

          Xian: "What are you doing wandering around this late at
            night?"

          Female: "I was travelling to my friend's village to visit
             her since she was sick.  My horse got scared by a snake
             and bucked us off.  We weren't hurt but it fled away.
             We are walking back to our village now.  The horse had
             our food.  I have a camp back there" [She points north]
             "When my son Albos left.  He must've seen the campfire
             here and got curious.  I'm sorry he would disturb you
             people."

          Xian: "That is fine we are friendly." [He absently shows his
           Kelom from under his tunic as if pulling it out to prevent
           scratching and shows the female.  The female recognizes the
           feather pass and seems to exhale slowly.] "We could help
           locate your horse.  When did you lose him?"

          Female: "Three days ago.  We've been living off berries and
            what we've found."

          Xian: "Well three days is longer than I thought.  The horse
            could be at least 90 miles away by now.  We will give
            you some food to take.  How far is your village."

          Female: "Another two days by the looks of the terrain.  The
            river we are using as our guide.  Then we'll turn due
            east and should get to it in another half day."

          Xian: "Not a problem.  We'll give you food for then."

          Female: "I can't accept it " [the boy looks up at his mom
            in disappointment.]

          Xian: "You are in our camp now.  To deny us this would be
            a dishonor.  I insist."

          [The female looks down at her son and nods.]

          Female: "If you insist then.  I accept."

          [Trembyl holds a dagger to his side.]
          Trembyl: "Traveling without some weapon for a few more days
            is dangerous.  Here I have this spare dagger take it.
            It will help you in many ways."

          Female: "Thank you."

          [The female places the dagger on the ground to her side.
           Thig considers giving her his horse but it carries al lot
           of his gear and flying can be exhausting all day.  Time
           passes as the water skin and small bag of berries is found
           back in their camp.  The female who the party learns to
           be named Lauru agrees to stay in camp for the warmth then
           leave in the morning.  She will be given some food by Xian
           and party rations to last them a few days.]

          Xian: "Do you need one of us to help you on your way?"

          Lauru: "No.  We'll be fine.  Thank you."

          [Unali is able to learn later Lauru has no husband since he
           died from disease so why she is travelling alone.]

         [Novehas 14th, 75th day since left Marentia, 10th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [This morning Lauru and her son leave with the rations given
           to her by Xian and anything the party wishes to depart
           with.  Today the river begins to turn north east.  The
           clouds part today and it becomes clear and sunny.  The
           temperature rises in the afternoon to almost 78.  Warm
           enough to remove some furs and leathers.  Around 3:30pm
           or so that afternoon hail suddenly begins to fall from
           a single cloud high above.  The hail storm only lasts about
           3 minutes and aren't bigger than marble sized.  It looks like
           the ice from the high cloud got too heavy and fell to the
           ground.]

          [No encounters.]

         [Novehas 15th, 76th day since left Marentia, 11th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Some clouds roll in today making it mostly partly cloudy
           for the day.  Heavy fog from the river overtakes the
           camp for about 3 hours before sunrise which makes the
           sentry wake up another person to help out due to lost
           visibility.  The temperature doesn't climb today and
           stays only as high as 55 as a cold front settles in the area.]

          [No encounters.]

         [Novehas 16th, 77th day since left Marentia, 12th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Today the clouds leave and it becomes nice, clear and
           sunny.  But the temperatures only climb slightly to
           a high of only 58 today.  The only weather today is
           a dust storm little after 10am that rolls from the hills
           far to the south east.  It blows through quickly.]

          [No encounters.]

         [Novehas 17th, 78th day since left Marentia, 13th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Today the clouds roll in and all day its overcast.
           Temperatures only stay up as high as 55 but most of
           the day its in the 30s.

           At around 1:12pm the clouds suddenly let loose a drenching
           rain that surprises the party.  The rain is cold and
           comes in sheets.  There is no cover for the party so
           clothing is pulled tight as the rain continues.  The party
           could setup tents but it would be too late.  the rain lasts
           for only 9 minutes but its enough to make most of the party
           shiver.  Fearing cold could hit the party or a flu the
           party light some torches that were dry from packs.  This
           gives some heat for some time enough to warm hands and
           dry minor pieces of clothing.  The grass and bushes are too
           wet to make any campfire.  After about 20 minutes the party
           continues north-eastern following the river.  When the breeze
           hits the cold bites many of the party hard.

           Around 2:01pm the party encounter a group of warriors by
           the river.  Coming up slowly they seem to be Zen'da.  The
           warriors are weary but when shown the Keloms the Zen'da
           warriors welcome them into their camp.  Apparently they
           had prepared and gathered bushes and dry wood before the
           rain came.  They have a roaring fire going and this is
           a welcome site for the party.  The warriors explain they
           are patrolling the river.  Farseeker asks about the army
           and they confirm the army was leaving a outpost they have
           in the hills to the north east.  They do it ever year but
           with the illness some had they couldn't leave till now
           later in the season.  The warriors warn of the Humagi who
           are in the area to the north and could be seen by the party
           in about 4 or 5 days.  After two hours of drying out and
           warming up the party mounts up and continues on their trip.]

         [Novehas 18th, 79th day since left Marentia, 14th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [Today it remains overcast and same temperatures as the
           day before still cold.  Around 8:30am the party sees
           snow flurries far to the NE coming it looks like from
           the hills.  It seems to be coming this way.  This gives
           the time to setup a camp and tents for shelter.  Almost
           an hour later the snow arrives to take the camp.  The
           clouds seem to remain in the area making it snow for
           just over an hour.  While most stay in the tents.   Tents
           are setup so it can be seen outside in most directions
           but from the cold wind from the NE.  That's the only
           blind spot.  But as the temperature decreases the chance
           for frostbite increases.  Tef'wo helps to control the
           horses in place and they stand side by side to keep warmer
           from the body heat.  Some of the horses are plains horses
           so are used to this but some are Marentian and not as used
           to it.  But they survive.  No sentries can be posted for
           safety (frostbite) and since visibility is only about 50
           feet max in the slowest winds.  After the snow storm comes
           through almost 8 inches of snow has fallen.  Chion's fingers
           quickly become almost frostbite at one point since he has
           no gloves.  But when he grabs his staff to move it his
           hands warm up.  Chion is confused but he has felt this heat
           before from the staff twice now in the last few months.
           Its odd but the spirit or force inside must be generating
           heat of some kind?  Warmth returns to his fingers.

           Z'leyra also has no gloves and her fingers get frostbite
           conditions at one point.  She has to light a lantern and
           use its heat to try to warm them.  After 20 minutes or
           so they become warm and normal.  The rest of the party
           are fine through the storm.

           Near the end of the storm Trembyl looks outside to see
           one of Farseeker's pack fall from his horse and open
           up to the weather.  He and Thig in the tent toss a
           coin to see who will go out and Trembyl loses.  Trembyl
           gathers up his clothing and coat around him then exits
           the tent.  As Trembyl bends over to pick the pack Thig
           sees a man creeping up around the horses and toward
           Trembyl.  Thig yells but the wind is howling and no one
           hears it.  But Trembyl sees a shadow come over him and
           a hand coming down.  Trembyl dives and rolls to the ground
           to his right.  He reaches down to find his sheath empty
           as he forgot his scimitar in the tent.  He sees the man
           in furs and leather with a club smash the ground just where
           Trembyl was.  Trembyl grabs a fighting dagger from his
           belt and rolls further to his right and stands.  But the
           man comes toward and swings his club.  The club hits near
           Trembyl but misses completely.  Trembyl swings in a upper
           cut with his dagger but it goes between his left arm and
           side missing as well.  Now both men are up and staring
           at each other.  Thig goes and grabs his weapons.

           Trembyl thrusts his dagger forward and stabs the man in the
           chest doing 4 points of damage.  The man swings the club
           again at Trembyl but misses by inches.  Thig grabs the
           last of his weapons.

           Trembyl thrusts but misses the warrior as he moves backward
           in time.  The warrior swings club again and fails to hit
           Trembyl.  Thig exits the tent with weapons ready.

           Thig takes to the air and prepares his crossbow.  Trembyl
           thrusts his dagger and hits the warrior in the left shoulder
           doing more damage.  The warrior staggers back and onto
           the snowy ground.  Trembyl goes to check him out and
           finds the warrior dead.  He looks up at Thig and shakes
           his head.  Thig flies to each tent and tells the party.
           Ben'dar, Z'leyra and Unali exit being the warmest at
           this point.  Z'leyra inspects the warrior and found a
           main artery was hit and it was too late to help him.
           Ben'dar recognizes the club by its distinctive carvings.
           He explains the warrior was given the club to show he
           is an outcast.  Likely from some village who shunned him
           for breaking the law or not being a worthy warrior.  In
           fact the way he fought wasn't well.  Trembyl's kelom was
           showing clearly so if he saw it would've not likely have
           attacked.  Ben'dar surmises the warrior attacked maybe to
           gain some honor and be able to return to his village.
           Clearly a desperate attempt.

           Soon after the snow stops.  The party using Trembyl's magic
           on earth movement and Strie'bog's shovel bury the body.
           It would do no good to return it to a village being an
           outcast.  Its sad but he'll be buried and forgotten here.
           Strie'bog decides its best to leave some marker here though
           for others to wonder about.  An hour later the body is
           buried and the camp is broken up.  The party continues
           to move on.  Trembyl is sad that he had to kill but he
           was defending himself and didn't have time to get in a
           knock out blow.

         [Novehas 19th, 80th day since left Marentia, 15th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The clouds part and it becomes sunny but as cold as the
           last two days only getting up to about 53.  Morning
           fog lasts till about 45 minutes after sunrise today.

           Around 1:18pm the party encounters on the other side
           of the river to the north a small herd of 9 antelope.
           At least 2 are young and the rest are mixed adults.
           they are grazing and drinking from the water.  The
           party stays quiet and watches the animals for some time
           across the wide river.  The animals don't seem to be
           scared feeling safe by the wide river distance.  The
           party moves on.  One would make a nice dinner but they
           are on the other side of the river.]

         [Novehas 20th, 81th day since left Marentia, 16th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The ever shifting weather continues and it becomes partly
           cloudy all day.  The temperature does rise slightly up
           to the low 60s (61).  No weather of note today.]

          [No Encounters.]

         [Novehas 21th, 82th day since left Marentia, 17th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The clouds clear and it is pretty sunny all day.  Same
           temperatures as yesterday in the low 60s as highs.  The
           only weather of note is a thin haze that seems to come from
           the north west but quickly passes.  Maybe some distant
           small forest fire or something.]

          [No encounters.]

         [Novehas 22th, 83th day since left Marentia, 18th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The clouds part today and it becomes clear and sunny for
           most of the day.  The temperatures also seem to increase
           up to a warm 87 today which is rare this time of year
           but it must be a warm front in the area.]

          [As most remove leathers and furs to the heat the party
           exits Zen'da land at this point.  They enter the hills
           where the river goes through the hills and small mountain
           range.  Keloms are removed and packed away per Gidwani's
           warning of the Humagi.  After over 2 weeks of travel on
           the plains the change of terrain is welcome.

           The party is just entering the low mountain range when
           clouds roll over a tall mountain to the west and they
           darken.  A storm looks to be coming.  With the heat
           of the day its probably a rain storm.  The party judges
           where it might be going and figure its heading their way.
           The party makes a quick camp in a small valley with heavy
           trees to protect from much of the rain.  Tents are put
           up for shelter and things are packed away.

           Around 1:35pm the storm arrives.  It lasts for 15 minutes
           as the winds buffet the area and move the storm quickly
           through the valley.  Two inches of rain drops with
           upwards of 900 or so lightning flashes occur in the area
           of about 10 square miles around the storm.  The party
           still has travel to do so camp is taken down and the
           party continues through the hills.]

          [No encounters.]

         [Novehas 23th, 84th day since left Marentia, 19th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The clouds roll back in and it becomes overcast today.
           Temperature declines to the high 50s.  the only
           weather is a light and cold drizzle about 1 hour after
           sunrise which comes and goes quickly.]

          [today the party enters the tall mountain range.  At
           this point the party has been using the river as a
           guide.  But the map is unclear where it goes at this
           point specifically so the travel is slower with more
           caution today.]

          [No encounters.]

          Xian: "We've been lucky to travel almost three weeks and
            not encounter problems like another giant or such.  I
            hope this continues."

         [Novehas 24th, 85th day since left Marentia, 20th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]

          [The skies clear and the sun comes out all day.  The
           cold comes back only up to as high as 53.  Only fog is
           the only adverse weather today.]

          [Today the party goes down into a forest valley that seems to
           go for about 5 miles.  This is where Gidwani said he had
           the ferry rafts hidden.  It takes some searching but
           the party finds the spot.  The rafts can only take 2 horses
           and 2 men at one time though due to weight.  So it takes
           5 trips to get everyone across.  Now the party is on the
           other side of the river on the north side as the river
           continues on toward the north-east.  Thig flies the rafts
           back over and hides them.]

          Farseeker: "Now ewe continue north almost due north to the
            Pavassa forest if the map is correct.  We'll be going
            through enemy land so it could be dangerous."

          Actions? Comments?

          There is a night encounter.  I'll handle that in Monday's
          update.

          Sorry for delay in the update.  But with holidays it gets
          busy and busy.

          Files updated on website:

            * People link - added characters encountered
            * Summary Timeline - Updated timeline, skills and food.

           You should look at the bottom link the Summary timeline.
           This shows what skill points have been earned from days
           60-86 at this point.  I have no data from Chion or
           Strie'bog at this point for skill use.  Z'leyra you will
           see 3 days no plains survival training as one day
           in hills, mountain then forest (current).  So you'll
           need to assign 3 days of skills at that point.
           If you wish to continue the present listed skills let
           me know unless need to change (like Z'leyra).

           As to magic I've not gotten any magic spells cast from
           the time left so will assume none is cast?  This
           is from days 66-86.  As the 3 days from village to
           river I asked before and that's over with now.  So
           it would be only valid those days.  At this point the
           party is turning north and going into enenmy land so
           it might be good to have mana. :)

           Also updated is the map showing the current location of
           the party at this point (purple blob).

           At this point I'll stop and post the update.  Actions
           can be sent in.  I will randomly determine who has
           watch on the hour of the encounter (I figure at this
           point 2 sentries on duty, rest sleeping).

           Schedule of events - Monday I will type up the night
           encounter and allow posting of actions.  But after
           that I will likely be on a short vacation from Tuesday
           to Saturday or so to my mountain cabin up north with
           some friends.  So I will likely be out of town but
           will likely bring my laptop.  But I don't guarantee
           any update Friday or Christmas day (25th).  I figure
           if I do it'll be short and 2 rounds of combat IF that.
           If I don't will continue the game the Friday after
           X-mas.  I am aware of one player out of town next week
           and so will I.  I figure others will be as well so it
           may be useful to have a break.

           Next update Monday....(I hope)....