[pnpgm] Game update #2 - File #2 - Parting Words & Fur Trades

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Dec 5 08:35:12 CET 2006

  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #5 in sequence (file #5)

     Admin notes:  Welcome to the start of Adventure #3.

        GM: First I've been busy working on updating the Game Website.
            * Updated how to join FAQ (Minor Edit)
            * Redid What is a PBEM intro since lost during Site move.
            * Updated PBEM Summary/history events.
            * Updated PBEM Characters of Campaign.  (See bottom for info)
            * Updated Contact Info.
            If your contact info or email is not on the bottom link where
            the Contact file is let me know.  You can view these files
            are your leisure.

            BTW I'm unsure if I mentioned this but when did the Castle
            Map final version I did a backstory on that file with the
            history of the castle.  It can be found on the Old PBEM
            site via the Game Site link.  Bottom of the map file
            with other stats.

        GM: Still working on character sheets.  I've not had time to
          complete them.  I believe I only have to send updatedones
          for Chion, Unali (Items) and Z'leyra.  Soon.

        GM: Header above updated.  It shows the type of Horses
          (R=Riding, W=Warhorse and type 1-4).  Some like Strie'bog
          have upgraded mounts to new types.  So this adventure
          has 9 players, 9 horses, 1 wolf and 1 Eagle.

          Only Chion is encumbered at this time due to his heavy frame.
          Everyone else is not encumbered.  Chion's horse will need
          extra time to rest or Chion can walk it sometimes.

          The slowest horse is Chions at 22 MR and fastest is Z'leyra's
          Riding Horse IV at 32 MR.  So party speed will be 22 miles
          per day.  Now that I have this information figured and
          the destination i can determine how long it will take to
          travel.

        GM: Looks like travel is about 32 hexes (640 miles).
          By land at 22 miles per day that's about 29-30 days.  I
          will have to figure out some details before I make
          this fact.  Might be able to cut it down to half.  We
          shall see.  I will give details on friday.

        [As the party heads toward the river Ben'dar spends quiet time
         with Kasha and Balrog on their duties at the ranch.]

        [When Unali gives Balrog his hug, Kasha looks sad and gets
         a hug from Unali.]

        Unali: "You too, friend. Didn't think you were interested.
          Just polite I guess. Travel safely" [and she will give him a
          hug too after his hurt feelings show so clearly.]

        [Unali turns to walk to her horse and hears Balrog and Kasha
         talking.  They speak softly trying not to be overheard.]

        Kasha: "She hugged me longer!"
        Balrog: "Yeah well I got to get a touch--" [Then the words
          trail off.  Unali checks her gear. Everything still there.
          Once a thief always a thief.  Unali shakes her head as
          she thinks "boys will be boys".]

        [At the riverbank with the traders.]

        [Unali will ask the traders if they have any black fur lined
          clothes (jerkin, pants, gloves, leather boots, cowl) of good
          quality and if so will trade with them.]

        [The trader leader speaks Marentian and ponders her words for
         some time.  She notices he is sizing her up as well.  Money
         may be little value to Zen'da but clearly Unali is not
         Zen'da.  Unali suspects a deal coming.]

        Leader: [In Marentian] "Black is hard to find on the plains.
          Aside from wolf fur.  We tend not to go after those.
          But up north we do find black bear and sometimes smaller
          animals like otters in the river with black fur.  Course
          brown is cheaper and easier to find.  We do have time
          on our hunts to tan and make suits so we can sell once
          back in port.  Something your size?  There was this bear
          we did kill in the mountains by the river.  We made a
          nice vest, jerkin and pants from it.  Actually we made
          3 sets.  A cowl we didn't make.  Don't sell for much.
          Boots takes too long sadly we didn't have time to make
          any black boots.  We do have the fur though for that stuff
          and the leather left overs.  I could sell you the jerkin,
          pants and vest...for...3 silver coins?"

        [Unali has the coins on her but she knows the deal is probably
         a full silver overpriced.  But its not like theres many
         shopping alternatives.]

        Leader: "I could even throw in some black leather gauntlets
          in the deal.  No gloves were made that takes more sewing
          than we can do here. So what do you say?"

        [During the final night feast at the village Strie'bog gets
         up and tells his story and song.]

        GM: Not shown here it can be re-read on the website since it
          was lengthy.  It was an excellent story Strie'bog!

        [The entire tribe are fascinated by the story and after it
         is done no one speaks for minutes.  Then slowly the tribe
         whispers to each other about the story.  Zen'da are not
         used to clapping so the party started by Xian does.]

        [After playing, he turns to Balrog,]

        Strie'bog:  "You are a friend, and I respect what your heart
           is telling you to do.  I hope one day that we will journey
           again, for your company has been a great boon.  Go with the
           blessings of Lord Cerunos, for you have shown great wisdom
           this day."

        [Balrog nods and raises a mug.]

        Balrog: "We will.  I wish you good luck in your quest to
          cure your mother."

        [Strie'bog Looks to Jordi,]

        Strie'bog: "and it is right that you should return to your wife,
           for that is a bond that should not be strained as greatly as
           it has been in the past few months.  I hope one day to meet
           your wife, but until then, may the Lord of Life and his court
           bless you and your wife."

        Jordi: "I have business in Marentia to attend to first before
          I can return home."

        [Strie'bog turns next to Kasha,]

        Strie'bog:  "You also show wisdom in realizing that what was
           recovered must be dealt with.  I wish you luck on your
           journey, and your trade.  May the blessings of the Lord of
           Life go with you."

        Kasha: "Yes.  I will be in a battle of wits to sell the stuff."

        [Finally, Strie'bog clasps Caladan's hands.]

        Strie'bog:   "You welcomed me into this band of travellers,
          and for that I am grateful.  Our hands have been guided these
          past few months, and I feel we will meet again before the Gods
          have done with us.  Heal your wounds friend, and aid your
          people as is right."  Looking from Caladan to Cetric and
          Gib'borah. "May the Lords of Life bless your people and this
          land for the hospitality and friendship you have offered.
          May peace be with you my friends."

        [All three nod and give their thanks.  Caladan shakes hands
         but the other two are not used to that custom so clasp
         in Zen'da arm greeting fashion.]

        (Strie'bog will use the blessing spell, but just for a general
         effect if that is possible).
        GM: Ack.

        [Turning to those who have agreed to come to the North.]

        Strie'bog: "Thank you my friends!  Though the North grows cold
          during this darkening season, I hope that the reception home
          will still be warm. You have come to me in my need, and I pray
          to the Lords of Life that you will be able to aid my mother
          and the Forest."  Looking toward Ben'dar, "The North is not
          as peaceful as you may believe my friend. You may find battle
          before this is done, but do not think that you are weak on the
          side of nurturing friend, for I have seen how you tend to the
          horses.  It takes a gentle spirit to gain such friendship with
          animals."

       [Looking to Chion,]
       Strie'bog:  "Thank you for coming Chion.  I am sure that your
          skills and wisdom will be of aid, and you may find some
          unexpected experiences in the Great Forest."  Clasping his
          hand, "I am greatful that you will come to the North."

       Next update Friday.

       GM: Small update.  But I still gotta catch up on character
         sheets and work out the math of the trip.  Should have
         time in the next few days.  Once that is done we'll move
         on up north and do any random encounters needing to be
         handled.  So for now this update will have to do.  I did
         get work done this weekend but mainly on website work.