[pnpgm] Game update #109 - File #407 - Party Rests..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Aug 29 04:48:52 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #109  in sequence (file #407)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra:
          Z'leyra will offer to enhance the large flawless Carnelion.
          She believes that she has the best chance of anyone in the
          party of doing so successfully.

          Realizing that she will probably NOT want to be affected
          by Peace while attacking the Castle she will suggest that
          Caladan get it until he is recovered. As to who gets it
          afterwards she doesn't really care. As a jeweler she would
          like the lesser gems for use in making brooches, rings and
          other jewelry. (Useful when making magic items). But it
          isn't important to her. If someone particularly wants them
          she will not object.

          If no one wants the Carnelion she will enhance it, perhaps
          make a magic item out of it and sell it, splitting the
          income amongst the party.

          Z'leyra will briefly visit Caladan and welcome him back.

          If the party doesn't leave the next day but chooses to
          remain while recovering mana Z'leyra will deal with the
          Carnelion then spend the day learning a fighting skill if
          there is a teacher (party member or Praelux) willing to
          show her how.

          Preferably Hand-to-Hand; Two Weapon Dagger/Dagger;
          Longbow; Scimitar; Sling in order of preference.

          She will do healing if asked. In the evening she will talk
          with Corona about the events. That night she will again
          cast Watchful Sleep on herself.

          Next day etc. same thing (but will Enchant belt rather
          than bespell Cornelion)until we leave.
        GM: Ack.  So are you claiming an official request for the
          Gems then?  As to Carnelian I can't speak for the
          party so can't say you get it either way.  I only judge
          the public reaction :).

                -------------------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Strie'bog will be happy to work with Chion in sharing the
          brooch. Again, the offer does seem to mean a great deal
          to him.

          As a side note, before sleeping, Strie'bog is going to
          go and 'play' with Bodyzar.  Going out and running with
          him (though there is no hope of Strie'bog ever running
          faster than Bodyzar), feeding Bodyzar, and even seeing if
          there is any small game hunting that can be done in the
          area.
        GM: Ack.

                -------------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar simply nods in acceptance of Chion's admission
          regarding the spell.  He does not know much about magic,
          but does understand that there is risk involved in warfare,
          and accidents sometimes happen.

          Regarding the claw, Ben'Dar seems troubled by talk of
          destroying it and seems even more troubled at Durge's
          suggestion that it will be used by Caladan's tribe to make
          them the dominant Z'enda tribe on the plains.  He makes no
          move to hand it over.  He says bluntly, "No one will
          destroy the claw until we know more about it.  We don't
          even know what it can do or where its power comes from
          yet!"

          Ben'Dar just wants the scimitar, no other weapons needed.
          Ben'Dar is ready to go to the castle now.  But he's in no
          rush and is willing to wait until the wizards are ready to
          leave.  If the party does spend a few days resting, Ben'Dar
          will find one of the warriors with whom he raced during the
          tests (maybe not the one he punched out though...) and see
          it he can start training in learning how to use the
          scimitar.  He's especially interested in learning to fight
          with the scimitar from horseback.

          Ben'Dar does go over to the prisoners.  He approaches them
          and crouches down to put his face near to theirs.  He says
          in a low voice, "This tribe is not my tribe.  But I am
          Zen'Da like they are.  I know what horrors await you this
          night.  I think you know it too.  Yes, they have been rough
          with you... but they are just getting started.  I also have
          questions for you.  And you will tell me what I want to
          know.  If you do, I will give you a clean death.  It will
          save you much pain.  I will do this for you but you must
          give me information and it must be true.  Or else I will
          use methods of torture that these people know nothing of."
          He smiles cruelly and adds, "You see, my people are much
          more skilled in the art of torture and we are not nearly as
          squeamish  as these people."  As he says this, he casually
          pulls his dagger  from his boot and begins cleaning his
          fingernails with it.  After  several minutes, he says to
          the prisoners in a low voice that  only they can hear,
          "Now...which one of you knows about this?"  He pulls the
          claw out of his pouch and holds it so that only they  can
          see it.

          If they will not talk, Ben'Dar will start removing
          fingernails and toenails with his dagger until he gets
          the answers he wants. If that doesn't work, he'll heat up
          his dagger in the fire and start poking out eyes, cutting
          off noses, etc.  Yes, pretty barbaric, isn't it!

          He has the following questions for them:
          1) How does the claw work?
          2) What power is in the claw?
          3) Is there a spirit or essence in the claw?
          4) Is the claw sentient?  Does it have a will of its own?
          5) Where did the claw come from?  (in otherwords, how did
             it originate)
          6) What is the range of the claw's power?  What is its
             extent? (how many animals and of what types can it
             control)
          7) How can one use the claw and be safe in doing so?

          If he gets information to the questions, he'll honor his
          promise... but I'll play that one by ear depending on the
          results of the interrogation.
        GM:  Ack.

                -------------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions/Replies to posts]
        [To Strie'bog]
          Chion will say, "I am willing to share the power of the
          brooch if it is ok with Z'leyra." In Choisa/Katai he will
          add directed at Z'leyra, "Perhaps you would like to learn
          some basic martial arts in exchange?" Back to Strie'bog he
          will then add, "You are most thoughtful, thank you."
          Yep, got the update.

          Since Chion is probably the one who will be casting the
          teleport to get us there, instead of weeks of overland
          travel, he will adhere to his specific request to be fully
          ready for the journey before going. Additionally, he still
          wants to wait and see how Caladan fairs and if he wants to go.
        [To Balrog]
          Chion will approach Balrog after Caladan wakes. Stoney browed
          he will start, "Rin. Triest. Kasha. Caladan.

          You. Me. I have killed many, many, many ... " a long stare
          towards his homeland(s) " ... many more with my bare hands
          than with magic. Too many I think sometimes. And I know my
          abilities with magic will far outweight any skill that was
          beaten into these," holding out his hands "when I was a
          young boy." He'll wait until that sinks in a little. "I am
          old enough to think before I cast magic. I was never allowed
          that luxury with my other talents. Now I am able to think
          before using either. But I am nowhere near the master of
          either I would like to be. You know me to be a sailor. A
          warrior. A mage. A fool. In truth, I would not have told the
          party had nobody asked. I would also tell them if they did,
          as I did. In regards to this question it matters not if
          Caladan lives or dies. I hope you understand." He'll wait
          to see if Balrog wants to respond and then leave him alone.
        GM: Ack.

                -------------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Reply to Chion]
          Hearing words from Chion directed to her, Z'leyra replies
          with a smile "Sorry, I have to cast a spell to understand
          that language."
        GM: Ack. :)

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
        [To Z'leyra]
          Chion willl have to reply, "Ah, I thought we were neighbors."
          In Chosai. And then add, "My appologies, I simply asked if it
          was ok if I used your amulet. Share it with Stei'bog (sorry
          for the typo in advance) that is."
        GM: Ack.

                -------------------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Regarding the gem, now seeing that it increases influence
          chance, Strie'bog will put his hat in for that item.

          As for Wisdom, "The claw can wait, as it is now protected.
          I will ask for the Wisdom of the gods once the threat of
          the castle has been elimitated."

          So, he will wait until after the castle to deal with the
          Claw.

          To Chion, "we are both in need, and you are a friend.
          Sharing this blessing between us will help all gathered."

          As for preperation for the castle, Strie'bog will cast
          Blessing at max EL on his OCV and DCV.  At least he'll be
          a better archer afterwards.
        GM: Ack.  But may want to wait a few days on the Blessing.
          To affect both is 2 spells.

        Octaqi 25, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile somewhere on the plains]

        [Day 55 of Trip] - Time: 5:00pm - Earlier

          [Strie'bog and Boyzdar play for some time as they
           are glad to see each other.  They travel about
           half a mile away from camp.  After Cetric wakes
           he notices the two and watches.  Cetric knows not
           many wolves can be tamed much less approachable.
           Strie'bog must have something special inside him to
           have such a pet.]

        [Day 55 of Trip] - Time: 5:05pm - Earlier

          [Ben'dar hears the discussion of the Claw and
           unleashes on Durge.]

          Ben'dar: "No one will destroy the claw until we know more
            about it.  We don't even know what it can do or where its
            power comes from yet!"

          [Durge's anger flares and he comes toward Ben'dar with
           a clenched fist.  Ben'dar tenses.  But he also knows
           Durge has his fellow warriors all around Ben'dar.]

          Durge: "We know Fels" [Slang term for Ben'dar's tribe]
            "are bold...and stupid...but you dare speak this
            way in our tribe?  If the tribe...if father decides
            it will be destroyed it will be so!  If its decided
            to be turned over to us the same thing!"

          Gib'borah: "Durge! Calm down.  We have not decided its
            fate yet.  You do not speak for me."

          [Durge stares at Ben'dar and grins then storms off.]

          [Xian listens and wonders why Ben'dar didn't choose
           his plan.]
          GM: Outlined in the last update but no one commented
            on it :) "Safe Keeping"

        [Day 55 of Trip] - Time: 6:15pm - Earlier

          [As the torture session begins to wane only about
           a dozen warriors remain around the prisoners.  All
           keeping sentry.  all three prisoners are still gagged.
           All three have signs of abuse from bloody lips to
           swollen eyes.  The leader, the 17-19 year old lady,
           shows signs of the most abuse.  But by now he shows
           no fear just hatred in his eyes.  Ben'dar bends down
           near the three and speaks to them as above.]

          [Ben'dar poses his questions as he plays with his
           dagger in his hands.  For minutes no one answers.
           Ben'dar knows the shaman can likely take abuse as
           he is from the plains.  But the other two the leader
           and the wizard are city folks likely.  They would
           be the weak links.  But if he lets the wizard talk
           it could be dangerous spell wise.  So he questions
           the leader.  The boy stays solid and unwavering for
           minutes.  Ben'dar grabs his right hand and quickly
           flicks off a fingernail in a painful way.  The boy
           gives a cry of pain out but calms down and stars
           at Ben'dar.  Ben'dar flicks another finger this time
           making it so quick there is little time for the
           fingernail to break.  Still he remains silent.  The
           warriors around Ben'dar begin to murmur and laugh.
           Ben'dar grabs a third middle finger and this time does
           it ever so slightly the nail is tore off so slow its
           painful.  The boy starts to speak.]

          Leader: "You fools don't know what you have there!  The
            power and its not even the start!  How does it work?
            Who cares.  It works!  What power?  What spirit?  Who
            cares as long as it works!  Do you really think they
            would risk me knowing it all?  Of course not!   My
            masters know all the keys and how to put them together.
            You will never!"

          [Ben'dar goes to the fire and places his dagger in it.
           At this point Durge walks over and watches.  Gib'borah
           also approaches from another side. ]

          Leader: "Do you think I'm scared of death?  No!  To
            die for the Sorcerer of Darkness is a honor!  You
            can NOT hurt me."

          [With that Ben'dar grabs the dagger now hot from the
           fire and approaches the leader.  Durge steps forward.]

          Durge: "You can't do this.  You are Zen'da but this is
            our tribe.  We will decide their fate not you."

          [Gib'borah approaches and motions for Durge to step
           off.  Gib'borah whispers to Ben'dar.]

          Gib'borah: "I understand your desire.  If it were up
            to me I'd have you at them.  But there is a bigger
            picture here.  The war chiefs want blood.  They
            have a right to them as me and you.  There is
            tradition in cases of war bands to decide fate
            of prisoners as a whole.  If I go beyond that
            tradition it would not end well.  We are about
            to discuss in the lodge their fate.  In the morning
            it will be given.  I believe these people do
            not know the truth.  I know how L'p'nth work.  They
            work like us.  As a single group or person there
            is little power or information.  But as a tribe and
            even as the People we are a power.  I'm sure they
            were only sent to do a job.  to find the Claw.  Think
            of it this way.  If your master sent you to find a
            powerful item with a wizard AND a shaman would you
            want them to know the full details of that item?  So
            they could turn that item on you?  I suspect the shaman
            knows some details but the other two I doubt.  They
            were likely sent to protect and lead."

           [He pauses and gets even closer.  So close he can feel
            the heat of the blade on his hand.  He whispers even
            lower.]

           Gib'borah: "You want recognition from your tribe.  I
             have seen it before.  We take many non-Ga'fel in
             our tribe.  But if you do this the war chiefs who
             as a group are powerful and their own clan leaders
             would ruin your reputation to work against tradition.
             I suspect this castle will resolve things and
             make your bolder in their eyes.  Some have even
             mentioned if you don't go mad with the claw that
             by taking it with you ..its a test in their eyes.
             This too...is a test.  You may continue I won't
             stop you but think of what I've said..."

           [The leader shivers from the cold and nerves.  The
            wizard looks around the camp.  The shaman stares
            at the Claw.  Ben'dar looks down at the hot dagger
            and around the camp.  the dozen or so warrior are
            now silent and waiting.  In the shadows Ben'dar
            sees several elderly and mature adult Shas.  Some
            with full battle paint or feathers.  He looks
            back at the Leader..]

           GM: Do you continue?

        [Day 55 of Trip] - Time: 8:30pm

          [News travels fast among the party that Caladan is
           awake.  folks quickly come and enter the cramped
           Tipi to see him.  Chion knows he doesn't have much
           time before the others enter.  He goes and starts
           to say something but Kasha enters.  Then Farseeker.]

          Farseeker: "Caladan!  How do you feel?"

          Caladan: "Tired...exhausted...are we still at the
            enemy camp?  I don't seem to be hurt.  Where
            are my clothes and gear?"

          [Caladan's arms reach over his body but only finds
           a light leather blanket covering him.  His clothes
           soiled from blood were destroyed.  The pants can
           be washed but his tunic is beyond hope.  Farseeker
           looks at Kasha and wonders if he should explain.
           Cetric did mention there would be some slight
           short term memory loss.]

          Farseeker: "Its a long story.  Just rest."

          [Soon Ben'dar, Jordi and Thig enter and welcome
           Caladan back. The cramped quarters gets to Chion
           so he leaves and gets some fresh air.  Soon they
           leave and Strie'bog, Trembyl and Unali enter
           to see Caladan.  Soon Balrog comes sauntering over
           and eyes Chion.  Balrog's eyes deliberately miss
           Chion's eyes as he passes without a word and
           enters the Tipi.  After a bit more Z'leyra and
           Xian are the last of the party to welcome Caladan
           back.  At this point Caladan is utterly confused
           to see Xian and Trembyl.  He figures by now he
           is back in his village.  Balrog exits leaving
           only Xian and Z'leyra in the Tipi with Caladan.
           Cetric comes around with Gib'borah.]

         Gib'borah: "We will need to tell him the truth."

         Cetric: "Yes.  But do you wish for me to do it
           or you?"

         Gib'borah: "I will." [They both enter the Tipi and
           Xian, Z'leyra leave.]

         [Chion intercepts Balrog.  Balrog stops and shifts
          his feet.  Balrog stands emotionless as Chion
          gives his speech above.  Then when Chion mentions
          being "A fool" a sly grin flashes on his face.  This
          seems to change the mood.  Balrog stands straight
          and stares right at Chion as he continues.  Then
          chion ends his speech.  Balrog looks up into the
          starry sky then looks back down at Chion.]

         Balrog: "I'm sorry.  I was just upset earlier today.
           I'm not used to all this." [he waves his hands
           in the area of the camp] "I cam here for Caladan.
           But I'm a city person.  Even that stupid cow seems
           to know that.  Even though we've been gone from
           a city for weeks now I'm still learning.  It
           was just a shock to hear about Caladan's...wounds.."
           [In case others are hearing] "...of all people I
           didn't expect that.  I expected maybe one or two
           of us but not him.  Then to see him hurt so cruelly
           by the dog and not being able to defend himself...
           that tore me up.  I guess I just took it out on you.
           When all this is over I may head back home.  But
           we'll see how things go."

         [Meanwhile in the Tipi.  Gib'borah and Cetric
          quietly explain what had occurred to Caladan.
          Caladan doesn't seem too surprised though and
          his shock seems to fade quickly.]

         Cetric: "You did ask to bring you back."

         Caladan: "Actually I had asked for one of the
           others.  I didn't expect to be the one needing it.
           I do seem to recall being paralyzed by someone.
           I could only see people moving out of the corner
           of my eye.  Then suddenly that ...oh...the
           dog...he was over me...and that seems to be the
           last thing I recall."

         Cetric: "Sometimes its a way for the spirits to
           protect the mind not to recall everything.  You
           may be able to walk in a few days."

         [Gib'borah glances at Cetric and shifts.  Cetric
          knows the Ga'sha enough to know he wants to be
          alone.  Cetric stands.]

         Cetric: "I have duties to perform.  I will see if
          one of the girls will see to you tonight.  But
          I doubt that's needed.  I suspect your other friends
          will be on watch as well."

        [Cetric leaves and Gib'borah sits beside Caladan.]

        Gib'borah: "Your brothers don't know you died.  Same
          for the village."

        Caladan: "They have a right to know."

        Gib'borah: "We felt it would diminish you.  Will you
          remain with us son?"

        Caladan: "I don't know.  I know how these things go.
          My life won't be the same as it once was.  I'll be
          just a bit less.  I'm grateful to be alive.  But
          I do have a life in Marentia."

        Gib'borah: "If there is war we will need you here.
          Your talents will be needed.  Your friends will
          be going to the castle Chion stole those weapons from."

        Caladan: "We still have the Claw?"

        Gib'borah: "Yes.  That and three prisoners.  I'm told
          we have the shaman that paralyzed you.  Would you
          want revenge?"

        Caladan: "You know I ...you know how I feel about that."

        [Gib'borah stands.]

        Gib'borah: "Yes well that's always been your problem.
          You've become tainted!"

        [Gib'borah storms out before Caladan can react.  Chion
         re-enters the tipi.  He sits by Caladan.  Caladan
         turns his head to look at Chion.]

        Caladan: "Hello.  How are things?  I just got back
          from the afterlife and boy am I tired."

        [Chion by instinct gives a quick laugh before he can
         stop it from escaping his mouth.  He turns away.]

        Caladan: "I know Chion.  I was told."

        [Chion turns back to face Caladan wondering who told
         but that's not important.]

        Caladan: "It was a accident and a mix of events that
          got me hurt.  Nothing more.  Who knows if I hadn't
          been moved away by the spell maybe the dog would've
          done far more damage.  So much so I couldn't be
          bought back?...so do I owe any ferry charges for the
          ride?" [He smiles...]

         [As the party begins to settle down for the night
          they realize they'll be here a few days.  Offers
          for Tents and Tipis are made to the party as they
          are guests now.]

         [Balrog finds himself at the edge of the camp away
          from the bulk of people.  he stares southward and
          up at the stars.  A voice makes him turn around.]

         Kasha: "What's your problem?"

         Balrog: "Look I talked to Chion.  Everything is fine."

         Kasha: "I don't buy it."

         Balrog: "Fine.  Just before we left Maren I learned
           some important information.  I had been tracking a
           thief who cheated me for years.  After three years
           I finally got his location in Sivas.  I was going
           to find him and deal with him before Caladan needed
           help.  I'm a friend so came here."

         Kasha: "Cheated?"

         Balrog: "He stole my family's homestead rights and
           a uncle's farm right from under them.  It was a
           scam and they didn't understand it.  I wasn't there
           but my family had to live on the street for sometime.
           My cousin was only 12 and she had to live on the
           street as well.  The thief didn't care.  He paid off
           the local judges and authorities back in the village.
           Now its been a month and he may have moved on."

         Kasha: "You underestimate your ability to track him
           again.  I'm sure you'll find him."

         Balrog: "Yeah maybe..."

         Kasha: "Come let's have some Moooiiilkk...(cough)...
           I mean milk..(cough) I mean ale!"

         [Balrog glares at Kasha and finally grins and slaps
          him on the back and they head off to drink some.]

         [Caladan spends the night resting.  At constant
          watch with him tends to be someone from the party
          taking shifts or a female villager who helps him.
          He looks up through the smoke hole at the stars above
          and wonders what that fuzzy dream was about.  That
          silver road...and that voice?]

         [Jordi sleeps a bit then spends time watching the camp
          from the outer perimeter of the camp.]

         [Trembyl and Xian sit together and talk for awhile
          before going to bed.]

         Trembyl: "I'm ready for the castle.  This place is
           good but could use some fun."

         Xian:  "I suppose.  But something about the castle
           still makes me wonder.  Oh well."

         [Z'leyra spends time with Corona and the gear
          inspecting the treasure items till late then
          heads to bed.]

         [Thig flies deep into the night on some odd mission
          of his own.  No one seems him till a bit after
          Sunrise the next morning.]

         [Ben'dar mingles with the warriors that night and
          talks about stories.]

         [Strie'bog and Unali hit the sack early.]

        Octaqi 26, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village.]

        [Day 56 of Trip] - Time: Early Morning..]

        [As the party wakes up they see the tribe is already
         busy.  The females are always up an hour before dawn
         doing chores before the males.  Those who wake up
         in time are treated to a breakfast feast of bacon,
         eggs and bread.  The party realizes bacon must be
         rare on the plains as most haven't seen pigs.  But
         they could've traded for it.]

        [when Unali wakes she finds Mullah wishing to sit with
         her.  The female she dueled during the tests of the
         daggers.  Mullah explains she heard about Mao and
         feels some kinship to her and her situation.  Mullah
         and Unali talk for a long time before Mullah is called
         for village duties.]

        [As Farseeker rounds a corner of the lodge he walks
         smack into a wall.  When he bounces back he realizes
         its not a wall but a person.  In front of him a warrior
         at 6'11 and almost 250 pounds stands in front of him.
         The warrior has about 9 inches and 60 pounds on Farseeker.
         The warrior grins and takes his hand and gently slaps
         him in the shoulder.  Then Farseeker recognizes him
         as A'zort the warrior he fought during his tests of
         weapons.  A test he barely escaped alive.  Farseeker
         gulps as A'zort grins.]

        A'zort: "Great Blade!  It is nice to see you.   Come
          we will eat and talk of stories!" [He grabs Farseeker
          by the arm and virtually drags him away to a place
          in the camp.   Farseeker is happy that he isn't dead
          but the bonding could be less painful for his arm.]

        Time: 9:30am

        [As the party relaxes Gib'borah approaches and makes
         an announcement.]

        Gib'borah: "The fate of the prisoners has been decided
          by council.  We are told the Wizard likes to use
          spirit armor.  Well we'll oblige him.  He'll be
          wrapped up in blankets and hides to represent armor.
          He'll then be slowly roasted over a fire pit since
          he likes glowing armor.  To ensure he can't call
          the spirits his tongue will be cut out.  The heat
          will slowly roast him over hours.  As to the leader
          the boy wishes to go home.  Fine.  We'll let him
          go.  But he'll be stripped of all clothing and
          gear.  Naked and without food he'll have to traverse
          some 400 miles through the plains to his home land.
          Of course the cold, hunger, the Ser'manda and lack
          of plains survival will do some to him.  I doubt he'll
          last three days.  Death from hunger is a cruel death.
          He is too civilized.  The shaman likes to paralyze
          people including my son.  He'll be kept around for
          a few days.  As we gather material of a plant that
          paralyzes.  Instead of short term this does it for
          good.  Once this is made he'll be forced the plant
          mixture.  He'll then be placed in the plains.  We've
          learned his tonah is the snake.  We will prevs ent him
          from calling them by other means.  We can plant smells
          to ward of snakes around him.  He'll not have help.
          Days in the wild without food will be cruel enough
          but once animals know he is there they'll eat him alive.
          He'll not be even able to scream as he is eaten.  We've
          decided these things are less painful than torture.
          But they are prolonged deaths."

        [Gib'borah looks over at Ben'dar and the others.]

        Balrog: "Barbaric" [He whispers to Kasha.]

        [Gib'borah approaches the party closer.]

        Gib'borah: "The council will not force the Claw to
          be destroyed or given over at this time.  But
          they fear that if its taken to the Castle it could
          be captured.  The decision is yours to make."

        Xian: "I gave a good suggestion on it yesterday."

        GM: Read last update for Xian's suggestion :)

        GM: It is decided the party will go to the castle.
          Jordi isn't active so I'll keep him at the Camp.
          Caladan isn't sure as of yet if he'll be able to.

        This includes: Balrog, Ben'dar, Chion, Farseeker, Kasha,
          Strie'bog, Unali, Xian, Z'leyra  Thig is unsure if
          he'll go.  Chion can teleport 10 people and their
          gear each person being as much as 243 pounds or 2,430
          pounds.  The above list would be 9 f Thig goes.
          This could mean maybe 1 more person could go.  This
          could be Caladan.  But if not does the party wish
          to invite someone in particular?  If not that could
          mean some treasure could be bought back.  I will
          have to figure out the actual weights later in
          the week.

        GM: Strie'bog will be ready to go by Day 59 or 60 max.
            Chion will be ready by day 60.

        This gives days 56, 57, 58, 59 to do things.  For
        skills and spells.  Let me know if you wish to
        practice a skill.

        I already have info on this for Ben'dar and Z'leyra.

        Unali? Strie'bog? Wish to practice anything?

        New Vote needed:
          What time to leave on Day 60.  Technically after
          midnight its valid as mana will be regenerated
          (though I normally do it at sunrise I'll waive it
          this time).  So need to know when you guys wish
          to leave.  Night?  Day? Evening?  Need a particular
          time.

          Votes: 12am to 11:59pm that day.  Please vote!

          Chion knows the castle better than anyone so
          it will be good his judgement here.  Chion can
          also place maps for everyone if folks decide to
          split up.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update Friday...

        I hope by friday if I have good votes to go ahead
        and do the teleport.  Chion I will need to know
        where you wish to teleport to?  Outside castle?
        Inside castle?  If I don't have enough info at that
        time we'll go on Monday's update hopefully.

        I hope that's all the info I need.  Battle plans?

       GM: Treasure - I've moved the treasure info to a separate
       file/link at the bottom of the website.  Check if it
       you wish to have something/claim it.  If nothing is
       claimed by end of the adventure it will go into party
       share amounts.  I'll update it as folks wish to
       fix conflicts or add claims.