[pnpgm] dealing with the Claw

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Aug 19 21:13:18 CEST 2006

"It looks like we have several days before we go off to deal with the
castle. As suspected it looks like the graverobbing of the Claw may have
been part of a L'p'nth attempt to expand at the cost of their neighbors.
Likely some L'p'nth noble or wizard hoping to make a name for
themselves. I don't see any sign of this being backed by the L'p'nth
royalty."

Z'leyra will ask Cetric, Luan and the party's spellcasters (by name, not
announcement - if you haven't cast a spell that Z'lyera has seen she
won't invite you) to meet and discuss how to deal with the claw.

"This Claw is very powerful and dangerous. I did not suceed in finding
out what it's powers are. I can try again. It might work. I do know that
it can influence animals in ways that make me very uncomfortable as a
shaman. The horse Ben'dar rides, Tef'wo, senses a wicked spirit in the
Claw and does not want to be anywhere near it. I have severe doubt about
the wisdom of keeping the Claw intact."

"Most magical items can be destroyed by simply doing enough damage to
them. A claw like this should be able to be destroyed by simply burning
it in a fire. However, since it is likely to have a powerful spirit in
it, that may result in the freeing of the spirit. This could turn out to
be a very bad event."

"Shaman are trained to deal with spirits, but in this I admit to having
the minimum of training and NO experience. Cetric or Luan may well be
better qualified to deal with the spirit. At the least they may have a
deeper understanding of the problems this Claw may present. Some of you
have 'experience' with magical items or spirits. If you have a
suggestion please feel free to speak. We need a number of ideas so that
we can choose the best."

"Both for dealing with this spirit and for taking on the castle against
L'p'nth wizardry I plan on ensorcelling more belts and my dagger's
scabbard to give the wearer additional resistance to chaos  magic."