[pnpgm] to Unali re Caladan

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Mon Aug 14 01:54:57 CEST 2006

Z'leyra replies "I have not directly studied the Resurrection spell yet.
It is one of the hardest spells to learn and my understanding is that
the better the shaman knows the spell the closer the spirit and body can
be brought back to how they were before the death. Those that have
totally mastered the spell are exceedingly rare, but have the ability to
bring them back just as they were. Those that have barely learned the
spell bring back little more than a shadow of the former person. I do
not know how skilled Cetric is with the spell. That he is willing to
wait more than a couple days indicates that he has some skill with the
spell as one needs more skill to cast the spell the longer it has been
since the death."

"Morally it is not an easy spell to practice. Knowing that you are
bringing folk back as shadows of what they were. Not easy. It is also
difficult to master by study. Supposedly I am one of those that could
totally master the spell. But to do it by study alone would take five or
more years of doing naught but study. Most shaman request help from the
spirits to learn such spells. This can increase the speed at which the
spell is learned, but it would still take years to master."

"As to offending the men of the plain, I do not do what I do with intent
to offend them but I will be who I am regardless of what they think. I
was born a Kameri where women of power talk with the spirits and advise
the men openly. I shall not hide and shirk what the spirits would have
me do. That I weild weapons, fight and even kill - yes, that is unusual.
But as men of my family, clan and tribe are not available to do it for
me I must do it myself when necessity arrises. I see no need to submit
to our enemies because it is unusual for one of our gender to wear armor
or handle a weapon."

"As to the girl....I don't know. Sometimes revenge IS proper. Having had
it she may be able to heal the wound in her spirit. I shall talk with
her..."
...after a bit Z'leyra gets up to go talk with the girl.