[pnpgm] Game Update #77 File #284 - Wolf Burial

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 03:54:47 CEST 2006

<before the burial>

Ben'Dar puts a hand on Caladan's shoulder and whispers back, "No my friend,
I have not forgotten the ways of the People or the peculiarities of shamans
and their animal kinship.  It's just that when it comes to
*this*shaman...."  Ben'Dar shrugs and continues, "He has insulted us
and betrayed
us and treated all of us shamefully.  And no amount of explanations or
hand-wringing-excuses from him can change the fact that he will die when
this is over.  My honor will accept nothing less.  I welcome an excuse to
even the score.  However, I will not provoke it until we have accomplished
your mission and helped your people."

<after the burial>

Ben'Dar shrugs at Cetric's accusations and stares back with an equally
emotionless gaze.  "I did not lie to you.  And I take great offense at your
insinuations.  Yes, I skinned a wolf, though it is none of your business
what I do out on the plains with an animal I have killed."  Ben'Dar
snorts in amusement and adds derisively, "Since when do you decide what *
Warriors* can and cannot do with their own property, *Shaman*?"

Ben'Dar's face shows some anger now as he continues, "And where do you find
the courage to question *my* honor after the way *you* lied to me and my
friends, poisoned us, imprisoned us, then forced upon us the farce of your
tests to try to discredit us, all the while bringing dishonor to yourself
and your tribe?"  His arm sweeps wide to indicate Caladan and the warriors
backing Cetric up as he says this last.

Ben'Dar makes no move toward his weapon, but leans forward in his saddle and
looks down on Cetric with a gleam in his eye and says, "I am more than
willing to 'do the right thing', Cetric.  If, by 'doing the right thing',
you mean defending my honor which you have dragged through the mud with your
past actions and with your current arrogant accusations!  I have been more
than patient with you.  I accept your challenge to single combat.  However,
even now I will forbear: I will respect the will of my *honorable* friend
Caladan.  I will postpone this until we have accomplished what my friends
and I came here to do.  But be assured Cetric, I do indeed have a score to
settle with you when this is all over."

Ben'Dar leans back in his saddle, his face a stern mask, his eyes full of
cold fury.  He does nothing, but merely stares at Cetric to see what the
shaman will do next....