[pnpgm] Game update #41 - File #167 - The Tests begins...

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Sep 16 07:17:52 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #41 in sequence (file #167]

     Admin notes: Before I begin, a few words.   Last time I deleted
     some of the Recap section text.  It was excellent stories but
     to save some space I deleted it only cause it was on the list
     and website already.  I use the recap section to reply to your
     stuff if needed.  I could if you guys want do without it
     entirely.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          In answer to the warrior who asks Ben'Dar about the Fire
          Lodge: (Assuming the Fire Lodge is the elite Fel'oros warrior
          society which Ben'Dar hopes to join at some point?) Ben'Dar
          nods and says, "Yes, I will be.  I have not yet returned to
          the Fel'oros to claim my rightful place in the Fire Lodge."
          (A little boastful and probably not wholly accurate...yet.
          But he's already been boasting so one more boast won't make
          that much difference!)

          Ben'Dar nods.
        GM: Ack.  Warrior nods back.  Ack on tests.

                --------------------------------------

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          OOC: I don't think the poison affair was unfair.
          In the moment you mentioned it, I knew exactly what was
          going to happen.  When a master comments something with
          detail, it's important. But, one thing was what I knew;
          another one, what my character knew. And my character didn't
          suspect, so he followed the ritual. Also, except for truly
          evil people (and this tribe is Caladan tribe, so Jordi didn't
          suspect it from they), once someone has given you hospitaly,
          etc... attacking/poisoning him is unheard of (well, until now).

          "I don't know what to do, Caladan.  My instincts tell me to
           refuse and leave.  If he has broken the sacred laws of
           hospitality, he can break a lot more, and our tests can be
           deadly, or deadly and tricked to make us fail.  My
           intelligence tells me that these people must be helped; but
           also tells me that if they are willing to live under the
           command of such a monster, they deserve whatever the future
           brings them."

          Jordi thinks for some seconds.
          "If someone else wants to leave, without facing the test, I
           will go with him.  If not, I will remain, because travelling
           alone is a certain dead.  However, Caladan, if you wish to
           remain here, and most of us want to leave, leaving you unable
           to help your people, I will also remain here to help you.
           Not for your people, but for you."

           PS: I hope Jordi's explanation of his intentions is clear...
           English is ot my native tongue.  If it's unclear, I will
           explain it again.
        GM: Ack.  Quite clear.  your english is better than mine!  I
          make too many common typing errors.  Course doing an update
          sometimes over 3-4 hours then mistakes are bound to happen :)
          From this answer though it seems you will take the tests
          but if folks leave you will as well.  I know for example
          my C, D, F keys on my keyboard work sometimes.  So I have
          words without those letters at times :)