[pnpgm] Ben'Dar comments to Jordi and Strie'bog

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 02:07:50 CEST 2005

Ben'Dar replies to Jordi, "Gifts from strangers can sometimes be looked upon
with some suspicion among the People. There may be even more suspicion
because you're an Elf. My people have a perception of Elves and Faeries as
somewhat mischievious and even malicious. I myself had that misconception
when I first joined the party, though I soon learned better. I'm sure your
gift will be well received though, seeing that you are good friends with
Caladan. I'm sure you will give no offense with your gift. What is it?"
 During the next time of quiet riding in the coming days, Ben'Dar pulls his
horse up alongside Strie'bog. Matching Strie'bog's horse's pace, the two
ride side by side for some time. Ben'Dar seems to be silently making a
decision about something. After a long silence, Ben'Dar finally turns and
hesitantly says, "I have given thought to the blessing you gave during the
fight with the giant. I can sense that there is wisdom and goodness in you
Strei'bog. But I know very little about you and about your background. I
know even less about "Cernunnos" (he stumbles over the unfamiliar word). But
I would like to learn more. Would you tell me more of yourself, your home,
and about this "Cernunnos"?