[pnpgm] Game update #48a - File #198 - Replies and Comments from party

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Mon Oct 24 05:44:43 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #48a in sequence (file #198]

     Admin notes: None.

        GM: Lots of text come in.  So heres what I'll do.  The review
          text will be below.  Nothing new.  If you've read the list
          then you've read it.  If you want to see any GM comments
          on the text read below. Otherwise skip to the NEXT email
          which will be the new stuff/update.  this will save you
          time wading through if you don't want to.  I do enjoy
          the lengthy stuff.  This adventure has turned more role playing
          than the last one.  The funny thing is it hasn't actually
          started! :)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra scoffs "Such a silly idea. Would you ask a helping
          warrior to cut off one arm to show his loyalty, or a helping
          shaman to give up talking with the spirits? To injure those
          that would help you, to reduce their ability to help you, is
          foolishness."

          "To anger the spirit of the firesnake and anger those spirits
           that sent it to him is further foolishness. Come up with a
           different test, or better yet wait and see the results of his
           assistance."

          "He came many days travel to help the tribe. To question his
           loyalty is insulting. We came with him because we trust and
           respect him enough to endure hardship and danger to help him,
           our friend, when he could use our help to assist those he
           cares for. That alone should tell you much of his worth."
        GM:  Ack.

                        ------------------------------

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          (OOC 1:  I hope Wilma behaves like a good girl.
          It seems a super-monster hurricane; I hope it touches land far
          away from your home, Scott.  Good luck, best wishes.)

          (OOC2: The situation for me -my character- was very interesting
           and challenging!! I initially thought that Jordi will be able
           to "hire" the most valuable posesion of Enoz exchanging it for
           two horses -that is, in fact, Jordi will hire it for two
           horses- a good plan if Enoz trusted Jordi.  But  things
           changed a lot once in the village.  Fortunately, Chris
           character, Ben'dar, had been explaining our adventures, and
           made a remark that he explained a lot of Jordi's actions, to
           make people in the tribe be more amicable with Jordi.  That
           gave me the idea about what to say (OOC: Chris, if we ever
           meet in person, I will buy you a drink... ).   The only
           thing that wasn't true 100% was that  Cetric knew that
           Jordi was married with Neva; it wasn't clear if he heard
           everything or not.  But, well, nobody -except Cetric- knew
           it... and, of course, Jordi won't ask.

           Jordi wanted to do the test for Caladan and Ben'dar, but
           also tried to took advantatge of the situation to lower
           Cetric prestige and status in the eyes of the tribe.  Jordi
           dislikes Cetric, shaman or not.)

           Jordi will look at Caladan:
           "May I speak?"

           (OOC: from now onwards, Jordi will act as if he was following
            Caladan or Ben'dar suggestions or leadership; I tought of
            it several weeks ago, but I failed to mention it.  The idea
            is to make the rest of people believe that they are the
            leaders, so their status in the tribe -and society- grows.
            He can't act as a retainer, but he can act as if Caladan
            and Ben'dar were, in some way, leading the group.)

           (I imagine that Jordi can speak).
           "Cetric, you have said that in our tests you tried to discover
            our abilities and valour.  However, in no test our "morals"
            or ethics were taken into account.  What we did, a group of
            mercenaries would have been able (OOC: Is this gramatically
            correct?) to do.

           But you never asked or tried to discover something about our
           moral, ethics or what lies in our hearth. Now, I will tell
           you what lies in our hearth. What you call "Caladan's pet"
           is our friend.

           Tt has helped us in countless situations.  It has risked
           its life to help Caladan and the rest of us.

           Of course, it can't kill a dragon, or move a heavy stone,
           or deliver a hard blow with a sword; but, taking into
           account its limitations, it has been extremately useful;
           because one must be valued by what none has done and what
           one can achieve with his abilities and characteristics.
           And it has performed very well.

           Now, you are asking Caladan to kill it.  To prove his loyalty
           to the tribe.   Do you want to know what I think about it?
           That killing it would only turn Caladan into a monster, for
           killing a friend for nothing!! He won't prove anything,
           except that he is a cold blooded monster!!

           And what about the tribe? Would you trust the future of your
           tribe to a man who killed his best friend just for a show?

           Let me remember you what kind of people Caladan is:  a man
           who, after hearing that his tribe had problems, has crossed
           a lot of countries, and travelled a lot of time, to return
           to his tribe, to aid it in its time of danger; a man who has
           returned with a group of friends to help his tribe, a group
           of friends who were -note, Cetric: "were", not "are"; the
           change is entirely your responsability- ready to fight and
           risk their lives to help him; and don't forget that all of
           us have a live, projects and responsabilities that we have
           left behind to help him.

           My uncle is a King among our people, and I serve him as a
           diplomat and warrior when needed; I had to left his service
           without notice to come here with Caladan.

           And the rest of us can explain similar stories. Ben'dar has
           left his lands unattended to help you, for example; and he
           can be a ruined man when he returns to his lands.

           And do you dare, poisoner of guests, to ask Caladan where his
           loyalties are?  You are the only person who had showed
           unworthy of trust in this room; because perhaps you're
           powerful, but you have acted unwisely; if you wanted us to
           submit to a test, there was no need to poison us; we would
           have endured it for love of Caladan and Ben'dar; the same
           love that doesn't allows us to kill an innocent friend (Jordi
           points to the firesnake)."

           (OOPS... it has been longer than intended...)
           (OOC: This is directed more to the elders of the tribe than to
           Cetric.  Jordi believes Cetric is a cunning man, and Jordi
           doesn't think he will be able to change his mind; so, Jordi,
           while speaking with Cetric, is trying to influence the elders.
           He will put passion in his speech, using his actor skill, to
           give more emphasis to his words; but, in fact, he isn't lying
           or saying anything that isn't false.  At least, I think so.)
        GM:  Not worried about hurricane.  It'll likely be 300 miles
          away from me.  Luckilly a storm pressure front is keeping
          it away.  Yes.  It was a fun test.  I had all these tests up
          early summer.  A few changed like Chions (which happened to
          be from a random encounter to a planned encounter) and
          a couple others.  But I think it was fun for the most part
          and I like twists.  More twists to come!  As to cetric
          knowing your married another person would know and that's
          me but you'd have to buy me a drink to find out! :)

          The plan on leadership is a good one and will help both.
          Good dialogue.  Will likely comment in next email.

                                -----------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Strie'bog listens to what Z'leyra and Jordi have to say,
          taking in Jordi's comments on his knowledge of Caladan.

          After Jordi is finished, he looks at Cetric.  "You are a
          coward," he pronounces in a calm voice.  After letting it
          sink in for a minute, "you had no faith in yourself, your
          people or us to just ask us to take the tests.  Your tests
          have proven nothing.  And now your last test reveals your
          true heart."  He looks around the room, then back to Cetric,
          his gaze becoming more intense, "how long have you been
          jealous of Caladan?  Were you angry when the firesnake chose
          him?"

          Whether true or not, the seed will be planted.  After his
          response, he will again look around the room.

          "Caladan told us that your shaman looks to the health of your
           people, the spirit of your people.  That I understand, but
           what happens when the shaman is diseased?"  He looks back
           to Cetric, "the fear you speak of has infested you!  The
           women out there would show more backbone than you have over
           this unnamed menance.  You have betrayed your ancestors and
           the Lords of Life, and I have a test for you if you truly
           wish to regain balance."
        GM:  Ack.  Wowsers :)

                                -----------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions/reply]
          (OOC:  Regarding Jordi's comments about looking to Caladan
          and Ben'Dar as the leaders... Ben'Dar has deferred to Caladan
          during this quest, and continues to do so, even more so, in
          his home tribe.  If Jordi looks to Ben'Dar for guidance or
          cues on how to behave, Ben'Dar in turn, is looking to Caladan
          in the same manner.)

          Ben'Dar has remained quiet and thoughtful through all of this,
          though his eyes narrowed in anger, then widened in shock
          during Cetric's speech.  He looks to each of the other party
          members as they make comments, but says nothing at first.

          Standing near Chion, he overhears the muttered comment, and
          nods in agreement.  Unfolding his arms, he holds up his hands
          to try to quiet the other party members, interjecting, "Let
          Caladan answer.  It is his test to accept or reject, as he
          will."

          [Text cut off here of Chion's below text]
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions/reply]
          Chion will mutter to someone close to him after all the
          diatribe of the fellow party members, "And here I thought
          it was the first geniunely easy test for anyone in the world
          to pass. All he has to do is answer as to where his loyalties
          lie. There can be no wrong answer there. Except to not answer
          at all. Would he kill his fire snake to save his family? Yes.
          Plains of Avalon! I can even answer for him. But does he have
          to? I didn't see Cetric say "kill your firesnake to prove
          your loyalty." He just asked if he would. Easy. Just answer
          the question. There is no wrong answer."

          Still smiling at Cetric and eating his food (see next update)
          he'll give a nod to the elders as well.
        GM: Ack.  Good Intelligence/reasoning roll :)

                        -------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions/reply]
          Z'leyra continues "Indeed, Caladan has already passed the
          test. He came, with help, to help, as soon as he heard that
          his people needed help. That is loyalty."
        GM: Ack.

                        -------------------------------

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions/reply]
          (OOC: Assuming Jordi can hear it).

          [Text deleted - Same as chion's comment above]

          Jordi thinks for some seconds before answering Chion in an
          almost inaudible tone:

          "If Cetric had asked "Would you kill your firesnake if it was
           absolutely necessary for the survival of the tribe?" or
           something like that, I would agree with you.  But remember
           what he has asked:

          "Would you kill your pet to prove that your loyalty is to the
           tribe?"

          It's not the same thing.  He is asking him if he will willingly
          kill his friend, with the excuse of "probing his loyalty to his
          tribe".  First, it won't probe Caladan loyalty to his tribe;
          second, how would you feel if the question was:

          "Would you kill your friend Chion to prove that your loyalty
           is to the tribe?"

          I don't understand Cetric; I don't like him.  If he wanted to
          test us, he just needed to ask us to take them; no need to
          poison us, dishonorating himself and his tribe."
        GM: Ack.  I'm sure anyone would kill chion if asked!  Just
          Kidding! :)

     Continued next email.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site