[pnpgm] Jordi's answer to Chion.

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 10:45:31 CEST 2005

  (OOC: Assuming Jordi can hear it).

Chion will mutter to someone close to him after all
the diatribe of the fellow party members, "And here I
thought it was the first geniunely easy test for
anyone in the world to pass. All he has to do is
answer as to where his loyalties lie. There can be no
wrong answer there. Except to not answer at all. Would
he kill his fire snake to save his family? Yes. Plains
of Avalon! I can even answer for him. But does he have
to? I didn't see Cetric say "kill your firesnake to
prove your loyalty." He just asked if he would. Easy.
Just answer the question. There is no wrong answer."

   Jordi thinks for some seconds before answering
Chion in an almost inaudible tone:

   "If Cetric had asked "Would you kill your firesnake
if it was absolutely necessary for the survival of the
tribe?" or something like that, I would agree with
you.  But remember what he has asked:

"Would you kill your pet to prove that your loyalty is
to the tribe?"

    It's not the same thing.  He is asking him if he
will willingly kill his friend, with the excuse of
"probing his loyalty to his tribe".  First, it won't
probe Caladan loyalty to his tribe; second, how would
you feel if the question was:

    "Would you kill your friend Chion to prove that
your loyalty is to the tribe?"

    I don't understand Cetric; I don't like him.  If
he wanted to test us, he just needed to ask us to take
them; no need to poison us, dishonorating himself and
his tribe."
                               Jordi/Sergi