[pnpgm] Jordi tries to answer Cetric.

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 10:51:06 CEST 2005

      Hello:

     (OOC 1:  I hope Wilma behaves like a good girl.
It seems a super-monster hurricane; I hope it touches
land far away from your home, Scott.  Good luck, best
wishes.)
     (OOC2: The situation for me -my character- was
very interesting and challenging!! I initially thought
that Jordi will be able to "hire" the most valuable
posesion of Enoz exchanging it for two horses -that
is, in fact, Jordi will hire it for two horses- a good
plan if Enoz trusted Jordi.  But  things changed a lot
once in the village.  Fortunately, Chris character,
Ben'dar, had been explaining our adventures, and made
a remark that he explained a lot of Jordi's actions,
to make people in the tribe be more amicable with
Jordi.  That gave me the idea about what to say (OOC:
Chris, if we ever meet in person, I will buy you a
drink... ).   The only thing that wasn't true 100% was
that Cetric knew that Jordi was married with Neva; it
wasn't clear if he heard everything or not.  But,
well, nobody -except Cetric- knew it... and, of
course, Jordi won't ask.
        Jordi wanted to do the test for Caladan and
Ben'dar, but also tried to took advantatge of the
situation to lower Cetric prestige and status in the
eyes of the tribe.  Jordi dislikes Cetric, shaman or
not.)

        Jordi will look at Caladan:
        "May I speak?"
        (OOC: from now onwards, Jordi will act as if
he was following Caladan or Ben'dar suggestions or
leadership; I tought of it several weeks ago, but I
failed to mention it.  The idea is to make the rest of
people believe that they are the leaders, so their
status in the tribe -and society- grows.  He can't act
as a retainer, but he can act as if Caladan and
Ben'dar were, in some way, leading the group.)
        (I imagine that Jordi can speak).
        "Cetric, you have said that in our tests you
tried to discover our abilities and valour.  However,
in no test our "morals" or ethics were taken into
account.  What we did, a group of mercenaries would
have been able (OOC: Is this gramatically correct?) to
do.
         But you never asked or tried to discover
something about our moral, ethics or what lies in our
hearth.
         Now, I will tell you what lies in our hearth.

         What you call "Caladan's pet" is our friend.
It has helped us in countless situations.  It has
risked its life to help Caladan and the rest of us.
Of course, it can't kill a dragon, or move a heavy
stone, or deliver a hard blow with a sword; but,
taking into account its limitations, it has been
extremately useful; because one must be valued by what
one has done and what one can achieve with his
abilities and characteristics.   And it has performed
very well.
         Now, you are asking Caladan to kill it.  To
prove his loyalty to the tribe.   Do you want to know
what I think about it?  That killing it would only
turn Caladan into a monster, for killing a friend for
nothing!! He won't prove anything, except that he is a
cold blooded monster!!
         And what about the tribe? Would you trust the
future of your tribe to a man who killed his best
friend just for a show?
         Let me remember you what kind of people
Caladan is:  a man who, after hearing that his tribe
had problems, has crossed a lot of countries, and
travelled a lot of time, to return to his tribe, to
aid it in its time of danger; a man who has returned
with a group of friends to help his tribe, a group of
friends who were -note, Cetric: "were", not "are"; the
change is entirely your responsability- ready to fight
and risk their lives to help him; and don't forget
that all of us have a live, projects and
responsabilities that we have left behind to help him.
 My uncle is a King among our people, and I serve him
as a diplomat and warrior when needed; I had to left
his service without notice to come here with Caladan.
And the rest of us can explain similar stories.
Ben'dar has left his lands unattended to help you, for
example; and he can be a ruined man when he returns to
his lands.

     And do you dare, poisoner of guests, to ask
Caladan where his loyalties are?  You are the only
person who had showed unworthy of trust in this room;
because perhaps you're powerful, but you have acted
unwisely; if you wanted us to submit to a test, there
was no need to poison us; we would have endured it for
love of Caladan and Ben'dar; the same love that
doesn't allows us to kill an innocent friend (Jordi
points to the firesnake)."

      (OOPS... it has been longer than intended...)

     (OOC: This is directed more to the elders of the
tribe than to Cetric.  Jordi believes Cetric is a
cunning man, and Jordi doesn't think he will be able
to change his mind; so, Jordi, while speaking with
Cetric, is trying to influence the elders.  He will
put passion in his speech, using his actor skill, to
give more emphasis to his words; but, in fact, he
isn't lying or saying anything that isn't false.  At
least, I think so.)

                            Jordi/Sergi